PDA

View Full Version : Safety Meetings

paco
24th Apr 2013, 14:32
Hi everyone - it seems a long time since we had any safety meetings.

I am proposing to start them again as a regular occurence at Wycombe, probably monthly, but as Shawn Coyle is in the country we can do one at Staverton sometime next week, say Wed/Thurs.

The usual stuff - anyone welcome, fixed wing as well.

Any thoughts?

Phil

Dennis Kenyon
24th Apr 2013, 17:52
Hi Phil,

Count me in for either the 1st or 2nd May. DRK ... just need the location & timing.

VeeAny
24th Apr 2013, 18:20
Phil,

Now that life isnt quite as manic as it has been in previous years, I was planning on taking the travelling roadshow back on the road later this year.

I'll try to get over to Staverton if I am not at work.

Gary

idle stop
24th Apr 2013, 20:22
There is a GASCo Helicopter Safety Day hosted at FlightSafety at Farnborough on 16th May, AFAIK. I do hope so: I've been booked as a speaker, and turned down paid work to be there!
The one GASCo ran at AAIB last year was deemed a great success.
I do however, recognise that this is a day-time event....
Gary?

OvertHawk
24th Apr 2013, 21:36
Who do we need to talk to to get details of the Farnborough event please?

Thanks
OH

idle stop
25th Apr 2013, 07:37
I have asked for confirmation of the event, and will either wind my neck in or post details here when I have heard!

Shawn Coyle
25th Apr 2013, 12:53
Actually, Thursday 02 May for Staverton is about the only night I'll be availalble.
Shawn

idle stop
25th Apr 2013, 13:22
OK: The Farnborough event on 16 May is limited space, and the places have all been taken up by HCGB. But I gather there are plans for a re-run over the summer: watch this space. Sorry!
Shawn: Sorry to miss you, can't get to Staverton for that, perhaps see you next time I'm working in Canada!

Helinut
25th Apr 2013, 13:46
I should be able to make 2nd May at Staverton

HeliCraig
25th Apr 2013, 15:31
I'd be interested in next Thursday.

Whirlygig
26th Apr 2013, 06:51
I can make Staverton on the 2nd May!

Cheers

Whirls

paco
27th Apr 2013, 18:28
OK - 2nd May it is at the Aviator (on the airfield I'm told) starting around 1800. Shawn will be there - sadly I won't as I will have bits of central heating around me :)

But the next one will be at Wycombe.

Phil

SPAS
27th Apr 2013, 20:00
Brilliant! I'll be there unless held against my will!

Shawn Coyle
3rd May 2013, 08:34
Debrief from Safety evening:
All attendees indicated satisfaction with variety of libations offered by Aviator.
Interesting discussions about a great number of loosely associated helicopter themes.
Not much whinging about salary or working conditions.
All agreed too much fixed wing influence on helicopter regulations and operations.
Vote on awarding medals of bravery for all flight instructors unanimously in favour.
Meeting closed with rousing choruses of songs.
Toasts raised to those not present.

Whirlygig
3rd May 2013, 21:02
Minutes of meeting above duly counter-signed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings with the addendum that those present failed to understand why, in this weather, fixing central heating was such an urgency! :E

Have a safe trip back Shawn!

Cheers

Whirls

paco
4th May 2013, 04:27
OK - the next one will be at the pad at Wycombe Air Park, sometime in the next month

Phil