PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter hire in Scotland

muffin
26th Apr 2002, 19:31
Other than Cumbernauld and Peterculter, does anybody know if there are any other places in Scotland where you can hire an R22?

Thanks

valenii
26th Apr 2002, 20:06
Forth and Clyde helicopters at Edinburgh.

Frank Noakes there is one of the best pilots I know.

Ian

Roofus
26th Apr 2002, 20:29
Frank Noakes at EDI gets my vote 100% :D

Avoid Lothian Helicopters! (Not sure they have a R22 mind, but avoid 'em anyway!)

ppheli
27th Apr 2002, 05:23
Select Hc may do self-fly hire out of Kintore, or do they pass that on to Peterculter?

muffin
27th Apr 2002, 05:51
OK, thanks Guys. I am going to be just North of Perth for a few days and don't want to have to go all the way up to Aberdeen. I will try EDI.

Regards

aultguish
30th Apr 2002, 09:55
Muffin,

Sorry I cant be of much help as i now fly down here in sunny England, however, my wee brother has just had a trial lesson 2 days ago and that was out of Scone (Perth) in an R22.
Not been able to get in touch with him for telephone numbers etc but I am pretty positive that the operator was Forth and Clyde helis!!
Hope this helps

Helinut
30th Apr 2002, 10:40
I believe I recall someone on the grapevine telling me that Frank Noakes had started flying training at Perth - I may be wrong though.

t'aint natural
30th Apr 2002, 21:44
You'll find it relatively difficult to self-fly hire from Forth and Clyde Helicopters. They won't allow any SFH until you've flown five hours with the CFI, and even after that they say it's not guaranteed that they'll authorise SFH. If they do, it won't be for more than an hour at a time - utilisation is high and they don't want to lose their machines.

disstings
2nd May 2002, 01:00
a I would certainly look at the jet-turbine options. I believe a 206 from Kintore costa about £00.20p for two days. Not a bad deal.

t'aint natural
2nd May 2002, 21:44
Is that Easter Island or Easterhouse? How much is 20p on your planet?

ShyTorque
3rd May 2002, 13:52
disstings,

please post a phone number as I want to hire the whole fleet and I am prepared to to go as high as £1.00p a day for the privilege!:D