View Full Version : Aer Lingus RTO Heathrow 22 Apr

gk80
24th Apr 2013, 00:05
Hi, noob here. Love these forums and have learned loads by lurking. Not an aviation professional but tangentially involved in the industry and keenly interested in physics, mech eng, software engineering and aerodynamics. Fascinated by both civil and military aviation.

Was on this flight to Dublin (1910) and we had a RTO, first time experiencing it. Flight crew very vague around cause, obviously. Braked quite close to V1 I reckon, wingtips had risen quite a bit and I fancied I could feel load coming off front wheel before braking happened. Were told it was a bad indication on a flight computer and a checklist would need to be completed. Then went back to stand for approx 100 mins for eng inspection and refueling before successful takeoff at approx 2100.

How can I find out more about cause. Would an RTO at Heathrow for an A320 mandate an incident report? Just curious about what the issue was. Thanks!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Apr 2013, 06:54
I don't know how you'll be able to find the cause as it isn't a notifiable "incident". The could be a number of reasons but as you had a short delay and then departed it sounds nothing too serious. I'd be inclined to accept what you were told about the computer problem.

DaveReidUK
24th Apr 2013, 09:17
Would an RTO at Heathrow for an A320 mandate an incident report?It will likely have triggered an Air Safety Report (or whatever they are known as at Aer Lingus) and possibly a CAA MOR (Mandatory Occurrence Report).

Neither of those is in the public domain, so you are unlikely to be able to find out any more than you already know.

gk80
24th Apr 2013, 17:27
Thanks for the answers!