PDA

View Full Version : JAR IR

MJR
21st Feb 2001, 12:50
Hi,

Has anyone done the JAR multi engine IR yet and if so what is the course content and where did you do it.

cheers

MJR

HWD
21st Feb 2001, 14:54
I got my JAR multi-engine IR last week. I took it out of Gloucester (but all my training up to the last 10 hours had been in the US).

As for the course content - I'm not particularly familiar with the old IR, but as I understand it, the only significant difference (with the test itself) is that you can be asked to do an assymmetric ILS approach under JAR. In addition you now have to do climbing and descending on partial panel, as part of the GH section (not particularly difficult).

RVR800
21st Feb 2001, 17:45
The JAR IR was introduced in Jan 1999

It is considerably more difficult then its
predecessor and this is reflected in the
increase in the minimum training requirements

1. ATC liaison outside controlled airspace
is a real issue they like you to be calling
the shots in the past it was often SID
Airway STAR to land sometimes to the same airfield
2. Stalling in IFR Limited Panel Turns
Recovery from Unusual attitudes ( This will
need to be done if your GFT was done greater than a year ago)
3. Tracking without RNAV using RMI
4. Procedural and Non-Procedural Approach
5. The asymmetric bit has been made more difficult on NDB/DME procedure
-you come down to minimum descent altitude
-hold level until MAP then the screens are opened
-then down to asymmetric committal altitude and a mythical Horse runs out on the runway
-you then go around on single engine
- Circling approach observing crieria
-land assymmetrically

Stan Evil
22nd Feb 2001, 00:55
RVR800 is not 100% correct (stalling is required whenever you did your CPL Skill Test). Get it from the horses mouth - go to http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_standardsdoc1version3.pdf and read all about it. Good luck.

robione
1st Mar 2001, 21:41
HWD im interested in where in the US u did your training,hrs,what was it like etc.How many hrs u did in the US etc the whole story would be good reading for those of us yet to jump thru this hoop.No e-mail add for u so cant mail u direct.

Superfly
2nd Mar 2001, 00:43
HWD, Congratulations to you ! that must be a great feeling !!!!
I think too that we are more than a couple of wanabees who want to know more about what it's like doing the US/UK IR training.
Drop a few lines if you can, that will be great information for us. THX

Happy landings, Superfly