PDA

View Full Version : little help

juanjopilot
21st Apr 2013, 17:38
Good day, hope you are all well, i am a capt on atr with a total time over 9000 of which 6400 is pic, I hold an ICAO license from Guatemala and FAA license . I am looking for info on who is hiring in the middle east as regard to my qualification, as I would like the opportunities to fly jets and if needed I will shell out for my type rating. I am willing to start of as an Fo before I move onto the right hand seat. Any info will be much appreciated

WYOMINGPILOT
22nd Apr 2013, 10:43
Maybe your problem is attempting to be an FO in the left seat before moving to the right seat. Your experience is to vague to comment upon. What are your types and commercial aviation experience?

Payscale
22nd Apr 2013, 11:44
Read the bloody post i.s.o. making derogatory remarks.

EK doesnt at this time recruit straight from ATRs, so you would need to get some jet time. I dont know if you were directly asking about EK. Maybe someone working in another ME company can brief us about their requirements.
I would suggest though that you go through the companies directly, as answers found here are mostly guesswork. Good luck

juanjopilot
23rd Apr 2013, 10:01
@WYOMINGPILOT i honestly dont understand what you were trying to say ??
"Maybe your problem is attempting to be an FO in the left seat before moving to the right seat"
how on earth do some one become a FO on the left seat?? who do you fly for jeez?
well as i said in my post I am a captain on ATR with over 6300 pic, i have also flown citation, king air and carawan commercially.
I have flown in North america, latin america, and now i am flying in asia so i guess i have a varied flying experience.
Hope this answers all your questions

juanjopilot
23rd Apr 2013, 10:07
@ payscale, good day to you sir, Thank you for the reply back, it was a bummer to know they dont hire from atr straight on but its understandable.
I have flown citation as well, i know it doesnt count as much a heavy jet but hey some jet time :8
I was just looking at any info on airlines who will hire me people with my experience not just particularly EK,
Thanks again

what_goes_up
23rd Apr 2013, 15:00
Guess Wyoming was referring to your obvious mis-type
I am willing to start of as an Fo before I move onto the right hand seat
trying to be smart...

Schnowzer
23rd Apr 2013, 17:15
Wouldn't Air Arabia / Fly Dubai look at him?

NinER fIveR
24th Apr 2013, 22:04
If you have more than 1000 hours on EFIS-equipped aircraft, flydubai will give you an assessment as a non type-rated FO Pilot Jobs Dubai | flydubai | UAE Pilot Careers & Vacancies Dubai (http://www.flydubai.com/en/pilots/)

Good Luck :ok:

juanjopilot
29th Apr 2013, 15:42
Thank you guys for the help :) much appreciated