PDA

View Full Version : cheapest licence application order?

thecoltster
26th Apr 2002, 17:00
I have heard before that a pilot applying for the CPL ME IR can save money (give less ££ to the CAA) if you apply for them in a set order? It may be complete crap so ignore me if this is the case!
I passed my IR a few weeks back and had passed my ME rating a week or so before that. I haven't sent away for these as yet as I also have to pass my CPL. I vaguely remember hearing that if you apply for your IR on top of you PPL it is cheaper?? Is this true? If so I'll do this, if not I'll wait til I have passed my CPL then apply for them all at once.
Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

COLT

Professor Fog
26th Apr 2002, 21:18
From recent experience I believe if you send your CPL with ME with IR off together you will be charged £172.

If you send your CPL off on it's own it'll cost £172 and if you later send your IR off you are charged £100.

If in doubt phone FCL, it'll only take a 10 min call to clarify.

P.S. have pilot assist college had anybody else pass their exams since Feb, if so isn't it about time for a change of faces on th banner !!!!

The Greaser
27th Apr 2002, 08:02
Cost me 300 quid to get my CPL/IR/ME issued.

Midland Maniac
27th Apr 2002, 09:59
Hey Coltster!!!!

Congrats on getting the IR.....it's 'EASY' isn't it hah hah !!!!

Yeah you are right, you can save money by applying for the CPL and the IR at the same time. However there are a couple o things that you should be aware of.....

1. If you completed the 43 hour IR course because you have a UK IMC rating, then you must have the IR issued on the PPL at a cost of £64.

2. If you have completed a 50 hour IR course, then you must have the CPL issued before you can apply to have the IR added to your licence. Total cost £348 approx.

3. If you have completed a 55 hour IR course then you can have both issued at the same time at the great price of £174.

I only hope that you are not in a rush to get your licence issued though!!! I have had my application at the CAA for the last 8 weeks and still no sign of a licence. You would think for that price you would not have to wait so long.

Hope that clarifies a few things for you.

Give me a call some time, let me know how you are getting on!!

MM:D

thecoltster
28th Apr 2002, 14:56
Thanks guys,

That gives me an idea of what to do, it looks like I may be able to save a few pennies!

Thanks bruMM, hope all is well with you....I am not in a great rush to get the licence the NASA shuttle conversion course isn't til later on in the yar so I should be ok! I'll in touch sometime I hear I missed you brum no.2 and Capt.B a few weeks back!

Thanks also greaser I have a feeling that you passed you JAA IR at the same small training establishment down south earlier this year!

Best of luck,

Cheers, COLT