PDA

View Full Version : GA opportunities in Central and South America

FlightLevel195
21st Apr 2013, 14:32
Hi Everybody!

I'd like to know if there is any GA opportunity in those countries for a low time expat pilot like me. I'm an FAA CPL ME IR holder 250 TT european passport. I've heard Central America's countries have GA vacancies, is that right? I don't want to jump straight into a shiny jet airliner, I just want to do what I like to do the most, doesn't matter which plane I may be sitted on or which kind of job it would be. If any of you guys knows any place where I could go and knock on the door and stand a chance to land a flying job that would be more than welcome.

Happy landings

Flying Mechanic
23rd Apr 2013, 05:39
if i was you , take the time and back pack around central america, try all the countries. I was flying in the Caribean in 2003/4, i met a french guy, who like u, looking for the first job/adventure, he ended up flying a 172 in Nicaragua for a local guy, worked out well for him. Oppportunites like that like only occur if u knock on doors. Learning a bit of spanish will also really help you if u plan to venture down there.

FlightLevel195
23rd Apr 2013, 18:36
Thank you for your reply Flying Mechanic. This really motivates me and I'm going to follow your advice... Anyone with other tips is very welcome.

Yankee Sierra
18th May 2013, 17:53
Yesterday LACSA the Costarican Airline fired 38 jet pilots , in El Salvador due to a new labour ministry law only nationals are allowed to be hired there ...expectations in central america are not good at this time , flight school full of nationals in costa rica with no jobs opennig very soon !