PDA

View Full Version : B767 GE CF6 LAME Employment Please

Chock Chucker
21st Apr 2013, 08:36
G'day all,

Can anyone help with contacts or info thanks!

I have CASA Part66 A1, B1.1 & C ratings on B767 & GE CF6. I havent worked in the aviation industry for approx 4 years however i'm trying to get back in again & i'm looking for LAME work in OZ or overseas, preferably Line Maintenance.

Have also completed mechanical type courses on B737CL, B737NG & A320Family/CFM/V2500 & would also like to do POC or PCT practical to get these additional type ratings on my CASA Licence. I would prefer POC as less pre-requsites & would also hope to do practical within Australia or overseas location closest location to Australia that is CASA approved.

Any info or contacts in regards to LAME employment or practical POC/PCT would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:ok:

Gas Bags
21st Apr 2013, 19:01
CC,

Unfortunately if you have not worked in the industry for 4 years you will no longer be current on the B767. You will need to demonstrate to any employer that you have 6 months experience on the 67 in the previous 2 years to demonstrate you are current on type or they can't issue you an approval. That counts for Australia and Asia.

GB

Chock Chucker
22nd Apr 2013, 02:20
Cheers for the info Gas Bags,

It does put me in a bit of a difficult situation. Just hoping i can pick up the ratings on B737CL/NG & A320/CFMV2500 soon enough with POC or PCT.

I suppose once again when i pick up the ratings on the above aircraft types i will still need to show 6 months recency in last 24months for these types to be valid also ? How can i do this if i have only just picked up the type on licence ?

I did get email reply from Airworthiness Inspector (MPL) CASA Canberra a few days ago (18-4-2013) mentioning "your employer (once a part 145 Org in June this year) will have to establish "recency" of 6 month experience in the last 24 months to be authorised on type. Does that mean i can slip into LAME employment in Australia before June cut off date & be ok ?

I am aware of QAC & SR Technics for CASA approved POC & PCT practical so am just enquiring also to see if their are any other possibilities for CASA approved POC or PCT within Australia or closest location to Australia.

Chock Chucker :ok:

Gas Bags
22nd Apr 2013, 06:30
CC,

As far as the other types you want to pick up (A320, NG etc) they will be current for the two year period following the date you get endorsed. An anomoly I know.

POC is Practical On Course so you have missed the boat there if you have done the school already. Perhaps you mean OJT. If you do, no ATO or AMO in this country has developed the OJT books as far as I am aware at this stage.

Your best bet depends on your timeframes....Harry has A320 PCT, not sure about NG, almost certain no PCT for the 37 classic.

The 67 is a dead duck.......In Australia who wants to work for QF at the same rate as the schoolboy delivering your milk and be treated like a juvenile because you did not do your apprenticeship with them. 67's Virtually non existant in Asia.

My advice....Do the PCT on the NG and the 320 and then try your luck with Virgin or J*.

GB

Chock Chucker
22nd Apr 2013, 06:54
Cheers Gas Bags,

Thanks for your info.

Yeah i have been offered 2, A320 PCT's in the past 3 weeks however i will need to do A320 type course re-fresher because my A320 type course was sat in 2010 & then service famil & then PCT. CASA Airworthiness Inspector (MPL) mentioned this to me a few days ago in email.

Its a lot of hoop jumping to fit into the CASA PCT pre-requsites so would be more happy to do POC practical as i have already done B737CL/NG & A320 type courses & i fit into POC Pre-requsites. Just now need the practical & get the ratings on my licence.

I have also been offered CASA/EASA approved POC with SR Technics late last year & early this year & have made previous contact with CASA (John Frost AME Licensing) over this & i am eligable to do POC practical. POC can be run together while doing the type course or at a later date as a stand alone practical 10 days B1 & 12 days B1 & B2 for licence ratings. CASA mentioned their is a 5 year window from the time of doing type course to the cut off time of doing POC practical under CASR & a 7 year window under old CAR 31 system.

Harry McDougall from QAC in Brisbane also mentioned that i am eligable for POC practical & he will have POC practical running soon in Singapore or Malaysia.

If you miss the training practical window from the time of doing your type course then all you need to do is a 5 day type course re-fresher under CASA AC 147-2 & that will begin the clock ticking once again for another 5-7 year window to complete POC practical within.

PCT has a window of 6 months form the time of doing type course to the time of completing service famil & PCT.

Yeah i know what you mean about the B767 & QF, made me laugh & very true. Have done my heavy & line maintenance time with QF & hope to never go back. Never ever ever. :{ :ugh:

Cheers

Chock Chucker. :ok: