PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious Zone Alarm update?

BOAC
20th Apr 2013, 08:24
Pop-up panel today (Win7) - "ZA out of date - download etc" - link took me to a German site. I then checked the ZA 'update' menu item which said "up to date".

Possible caution recommended.....................

seacue
20th Apr 2013, 08:48
A few days ago I received an "Urgent Mandatory Update" message for Avast. I stupidly clicked on it, which loaded something but quickly exited.

Then it occurred to me: "I don't have Avast on this PC.". I quickly ran a full Malwarebytes scan, which found and removed two nasties.

A short time later I received a similar message about AVG, which I ignored.

Fortunately this was on a net-book which I mainly use when on travel.

BOAC
20th Apr 2013, 09:11
They are definitely getting cleverer! "Not having Avast on your machine":\ Sounds like the 'Microsoft technician" who rang me about a "virus on my machine" and I kept him going for 40 mins until I (lying) told him I was using a Mac:)

lomapaseo
20th Apr 2013, 12:55
I switched from AVG to Avast some time ago but I still get hit with a reminder every now and then while surfing that parts of AVG are still present and lurking.

I suspect that both AVG and Avast have mulitple parts that hang around even though you have uninstalled the main program.

BOAC
20th Apr 2013, 15:08
loma - the recommendation is to run the provider's uninstall, not the ?Windows? one, and you could also try Revo which generally gets rid of the Klingons.