PDA

View Full Version : A320 Zero Time

ElAl
18th Apr 2013, 22:58
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what companies in Asia hire FO's with zero time on type?

Thanks!

pilotchute
19th Apr 2013, 05:46
None. Maybe you should have asked that before you did the rating.

aeronino
19th Apr 2013, 06:04
Air Asia group hires people rated with zero hours on type across their group whether it is India, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia , Thailand and Indonesia.

Just need to know the right people and build your connections. viola!

pilotchute, you got to learn to stay updated with the aviation industry mate.

ElAl
19th Apr 2013, 09:06
Thanks Guys!

Doing the TR was the Best thing I ever did! Just a Little bit of hope Req ;)

IM sure they are more Airlines who can take with zero hours..

Still open for suggestions.

smiling monkey
19th Apr 2013, 12:50
Indonesia has just brought in a new regulation for foreign pilots that they need to have 250 hours on type before being able to work there. As for other airlines in Asia, it's very unlikely in this climate as you're competing against many who already have hours on type from Europe and the US whose airlines have closed due to economic slow down there. It may have been possible in the past for those who already had 1000 of hours on other types or operations... I know one guy who was lucky in this way and is now an A320 captain.

The Dominican
19th Apr 2013, 13:04
Try Air Asia Japan (and Air Asia India) Jetstar Japan & also try with Skymark, the T&C's are nothing to write home about, but it might get you the foot in the door. Good luck

kwaiyai
19th Apr 2013, 13:49
Air Asia Thailand wont entertain you, probably Malaysia too. DCA ruling from both countrys make it pretty impossible. Last I heard was India the same due to alot of unemployed Local Pilots?
Good luck anyway.

Tangogolf
19th Apr 2013, 17:33
Yep, Thai Air asia and Malaysia don't except expat due to DCA requirement. Though, they used to exchange pilots(capt.) from within the company group due to pilot shortage! Goodluck

PS. Including Thai smile , Bangkok air and Thai airways same condition.

IXUXU
19th Apr 2013, 18:05
India...Locals only
Thailand... 4 thais x farang working there according with their labour law. They only want foreigners to invest money there...so (almost) Locals only
Japan...Japanese license required in most of the airlines, including Jetstar Japan ( take a look in their careers website)
Indonesia...the new 250 hours rule which most sure is going to be increased (hopefully)

If you are in US....stay there and try to build some time on type. It seems easier to get a position there.

Good Luck.

The Dominican
19th Apr 2013, 23:50
Japan...Japanese license required in most of the airlines, including Jetstar Japan ( take a look in their careers website)

Give it a try anyway, neither Jetstar Japan nor Air Asia Japan are getting many applicants that are JCAB rated, with the T&C's they are offering, not many people are jumping ship and the poaching from other airlines has pretty much ran its course, there have been a few guys that were hired already without the JCAB license. The situation at Air Asia Japan and Jetstar will be pretty tight by this summer so give it a try:ok:

IXUXU
20th Apr 2013, 02:57
Agree, but EIAI is a zero hours on type guy...actually and regarding Japan, his possibilities to be hired would increase with a JCAB license.
However we don´t know his previous experience, total time, jet/tbp time...

ElAl
20th Apr 2013, 06:03
0 Turbine time. Hey, we need to start somewhere...

How do you apply Directly to Air Asia Japan And Jetstar Japan?

Thanks Guys!

ZFT
20th Apr 2013, 06:21
IXUXU

Thailand... 4 thais x farang working there according with their labour law. This ( 4 Thai employees for every foreign employee) is for the issue of work permits is any permitted occupation in any industry allowed under the Alien Employment Act, not just related to aviation.

IXUXU
20th Apr 2013, 07:02
ZFT,

Sorry but I don´t understand your clarification. I´m not saying this rule applies to aviation only, but it certainly does since a pilot is a worker and in this case a foreign worker. The point is, in Thailand the hiring of expatriates is expensive, not only because they must keep the 4-1 rule. The minimum allowed salary, by law, for an expatriate is higher than for a local.

EIAI

Of course we need to start somewhere...from the bottom mate. First time I put my ass in an A320 cockpit I already had 7000 hrs and almost 4000 as a turboprop captain..from C172, C421, Metroliners, Embraer 120, ATR....A320
I´m not blaming you for wanting to start your career in a shinny jet but maybe you´re putting yourself in a difficult situation...

ZFT
20th Apr 2013, 07:30
IXUXU
The point is, in Thailand the hiring of expatriates is expensive, not only because they must keep the 4-1 rule. The minimum allowed salary, by law, for an expatriate is higher than for a local

The hiring of expatriates anywhere tends to be expensive because they (we) are only being employed because the local market cannot supply the skills. As countries develop, the expat requirements diminish. Thai minimum salaries I would suggest are so low to be immaterial. Whilst Thailand tends to be overly protective, the fact that the major carriers have no need to look beyond their own borders for crews (any longer) indicates that they have developed sufficiently to satisfy their own needs, unlike their neighbours.

pilotchute
20th Apr 2013, 08:02
aeroniono,

I do stay updated and your statement that air asia is hiring only seems to apply if your a national of a country that air asia operate in.

Maybe you should stay up to date!

In asia if your not a local you have pretty much zero chance of getting a job. With only very few expeceptions

Elal,

How is the A320 rating the best thing you have ever done?

ElAl
20th Apr 2013, 15:28
Dear Pilotchute,

Well its the best thing I ever done because:

1. well first, I got the cheapest price in the world so it wasn't a huge cost

2. I've earned a lot of knowledge about jets and their systems, got a clue of how to work in a cockpit with 2 pilots a little bit of CRM, practiced Instrument Approaches with a big and fast jet, got the experience of how and what to learn in a type rating course. im much more prepared now incase ill get hired and will have to study a new plane.

3. I know that without time on type its a bit useless. However, I think its better than having nothing at all. I think it shows that youre serious and youre spending time effort & money to boost up your career and knowledge.

4. I did the course with 3 highly experienced captains and learned a lot from them.

5. Would do it again!! for free of course ;)

Gtr21
20th Apr 2013, 15:35
Good luck mate but i agree with pilotchute, should have at least got a job offer before you shelled out for a rating.
If i may ask where did you do your rating and have you actually flown the ac?? or has it just been sim. I only ask as the requirements for japan jet star for an fo is
First Officer Positions

Minimum 1,500 hours on fixed wing aircraft (Preference will be given to applicants who have jet airline aircraft experience)
Minimum EFIS 500hours
500 hours PIC or First Officer on multi-engine aircraft

ElAl
20th Apr 2013, 17:35
Did it in PanAm Miami. Only the sim.

smiling monkey
20th Apr 2013, 21:56
Did it in PanAm Miami. Only the sim.

So what's your total time? Like I said above, you may have a slim chance if you have commercial experience on other types. But if you are a 250 hour TT pilot with A320 TR without having done line training, you're going to find it very tough to get a look in. Sorry, but that's the harsh reality.

PCLCREW
21st Apr 2013, 03:13
I did the same program at PAFA in MIA... Good program, but the biggest waste of time and money I have ever done.
To the OP, I have over 6000tt and 5000 turbine. I have applied at almost every company in Asia and have received zero calls back in almost a year because I have no time in type. If you have no time in type and you have no turbine time the chances of getting a call from anyone is slim to none... Going more towards none.
I have also applied at every 320/319 operator in the USA and have also heard nothing. The 320 type with no time in the airplane is like holding a fire hose trying to put out a fire without water.

ElAl
21st Apr 2013, 06:01
ATPL 1700TT 800ME 1500 PIC

IXUXU
21st Apr 2013, 09:48
PCLCREW:

Spirit Airlines requirements....(copy and paste)

Requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

3,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft (at least 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.)
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
Current Airline Transport Pilot License.
Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future.

PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
4,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft (at least 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.)
A320 Type Rating.
Undergraduate degree from an Accredited Four Year College or University.
Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft.
Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS.
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
Current Airline Transport Pilot License.
Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future

Have you tried this one?

PCLCREW
21st Apr 2013, 11:10
Oh yes... I've had my application in at Spirit for about a year. The USA is a very tough market right now. I've applied at all of them Virgin America, JetBlue, Spirit, Us Airways, United.
In Asia some of my highlights were... Peach, Air Macau, Vietjet, JetStar (JP/HK), Dragon Air.. Can't remember all of them off the top of my head.
My Sim partner had about a thousand hours less then me and we email each other every month about possible leads, and he has none as well.
The A320 program will open doors for a local in any given country with low time, but for an expat it's really not gonna help unless you have time in the plane.
I had fun while I was doing the program, good instructors and fair exams.
I did the program because I thought it would help me because I don't have any turbine PIC time as I work for yet another low paying very stagnant US regional airline... It has not helped one bit... I have actually seen many of my friends get hired at Airbus operator airlines with no type.

IXUXU
21st Apr 2013, 11:42
Well mate, nobody can say you´re not trying...
I thought the US market would be easier with all this about the 1500 rule....don´t know what to say, just give it time and keep trying.