PDA

View Full Version : Useless UK CAA...

Jetkopite
18th Apr 2013, 10:55
Hi there guys just wanted to see if anyone else working with EK or any other airline in the region had problems recently with regards to the issue of the new EASA license and getting their current A/C type of their licenses???

I applied to get all this sorted with UK CAA back in Jan and after 3 months they rejected my application for some stupid reasons after advising me they only needed one document over a month ago.

Is it me or dont they have a clue what they are doing over in Gatwick with regards to this EASA license.

:ugh:

ABBOT
11th May 2013, 13:41
I filled in the form, paid £139 + £6 courier fee by credit card, attached a copy of my JAR medical and just about in date JAR LPC and mailed it to the CAA.

After about two weeks had elapsed, called PLD who informed me that a backlog on EASA licence issues had occurred.

Another couple of weeks went by and FEDEX delivered a licence and a dinky little blue cover to my front door in the UAE.

Bit slow, but no real issues.:D

ABBOT
11th May 2013, 13:42
That is one hundred and thirty nine pounds issue fee plus six pounds courier charge

avrodamo
11th May 2013, 13:47
I got a new EASA Medical. Filled in form. Got a LGW trip and went in at 7.30 opening time. Had licence a couple of hours later. No problems at all. Getting a Rating on it is a different matter entirely. My old 737 Rating appears as a Rating previously held with no dates next to it. I was going to renew this year, but i hear that EASA now want you to do training time as well as revalidation which clearly is going to cost lots and lots of wonga. Im still working on that!

Craggenmore
11th May 2013, 15:02
I was going to renew this year, but i hear that EASA now want you to do training time as well as revalidation which clearly is going to cost lots and lots of wonga.

If you leave EK and return back to the UK, almost any airline that would offer you a position would type-rate you fully. Would it not be a waste of money to re-validate/renew each year at your own expense?

If you are worried about the 7 year expiry ruling then at present fair enough, but have a read of the "UK CAA IR Lasped" thread and watch this space!

Otherwise, transfer your license to another EASA member state that recognise Gulf ratings (simply a case of faxing your sim paperwork off each time), therefore never falling foul of the 7 year expiry ruling.

Mr Angry from Purley
12th May 2013, 08:23
Jetk
Similiar thread on the main pprune forums (sorry can't find it to direct you)
Think the general consensus is
Undermanned
Cant cope with the applications
Get the application correct
Keep in touch
If you can, do it on a day visit
Prepare to pull you're hair out if you need it for you're job!
Cheers Angry

White Knight
12th May 2013, 12:35
Or just go to Vilnius or Tallin. Much cheaper and easier I imagine:ok:

manfromnorth
12th May 2013, 17:05
Should any of you require LPC on B747-400 or A310/300-600 they are welcome to contact me should you have license from: UK, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Belgium, Iceland, France or Germany.
All Examiner Briefings completed/approved for these countries.
Please send private message.

Ynot
13th May 2013, 07:27
So Abbot and Avro,

Confirm please which form you filled in and whether you needed a Aviation Language proficiency certificate and where/how did you receive such a certificate. Mine is an EK/GCAA language certificate.

Avro I understand you received an Easa atpl without a current rating, just with a form, medical, cash and maybe language test....is this correct?

Thanks Ynot...

Ynot
13th May 2013, 07:34
Craggen,

Have you actually transferred your licenece to an other Easa state or know of someone who has done so?

Do you know which states would accept an LPC by a GCAA TRE and what exactly is the process to achieve an EASA atpl from those states?

Thanks...I appreciate the info. Ynot.

Craggenmore
13th May 2013, 12:59
PM Ynot.............

PGA
13th May 2013, 16:48
Would like to know what Ynot asked too, PM or info here appreciated

Jetkopite
13th May 2013, 18:53
Hey guys any info which benefits us would be nice to know here..

I think getting the EASA license is not the issue here. Its actually getting the B777 on the EASA via the UK CAA because certain authorities are not approved I was advised by them...

I also would like to know with regards to changing to another authority which approves the GCAA TRE's to get B777 on EASA ..

manfromnorth
14th May 2013, 06:24
There is no Authority within EASA who will approve any GCAA TRE......In the Middle East (Dubai) they may be JAA compliant, but will never be JAA approved. There are new regulations for JAA/EASA examiners from 9 April 2013 which make it possible for examiners to perform LPC/Skill/renewal test across countries within EASA. However, it requires examiner briefings for each country .

F14
14th May 2013, 10:19
If you take a job anywhere you have to do a Operator Conversion Course. So apart from keeping an EASA Licence "alive" why would you want to keep a type rating valid? Surely you just need one check every 5 years?

manfromnorth
14th May 2013, 10:31
If you look at UK CAP 804 it will answer all your questions regarding FCL.

It can be downloaded from UK CAA website when searching for the CAP 804

outofsynch
15th May 2013, 08:29
Be ware of transferring to other EASA countries, as I hear EASA is clamping down on them, forcing a Europe-wide standard. Appears they plan to remove licencing priviledge from those NAA who wont play ball.

manfromnorth
15th May 2013, 16:45
You cannot shop around and change the country of license by convenience.

The EASA operator can require pilots to change for their country of license in order to make it easier with LPC for examiner so they are not forced to perform multi examiner briefings for different countries.

Or you can change to country of residence.

BANANASBANANAS
15th May 2013, 19:58
I have an email from a non UK EASA Authority who are happy to issue me an EASA licence and transfer my EK type rating onto said licence with no sim ride or exams required. Just a matter of transferring my medical records, completing the form and making payment.
Any reason why I shouldn't accept the offer?

manfromnorth
15th May 2013, 20:41
It will state the rating and then "EK Only" ....which is helpful .....flying for EK

I repeat...you cannot just change to any EASA member states license without reason....try to fill out the documentation required and you will find out..

manfromnorth
15th May 2013, 21:03
Agree.....there are no "short cuts" for getting the EASA license .....i had to change my license from one EASA member (UK) to another due to the requirement of the operator in the other EASA state.....no problem....when the documentation is in order.

Craggenmore
15th May 2013, 21:07
I repeat...you cannot just change to any EASA member states license without reason

The reason is you want your IR recognised without expiration.

May I suggest you read and then re-read BANANAS post.

manfromnorth
16th May 2013, 05:59
Graggenmore.....you are one of those few there are to many of.....you just don't have a clue......why don't you actually READ the regulations instead of trying to find loopholes which does not exist.

BANANASBANANAS
16th May 2013, 15:19
I guess it is down to individual circumstances. As well as an EASA and GCAA licence, I have another ATPL from the country of a previous employer. I have asked this Authority if they would recognise my new EASA Licence with the EK ONLY type restriction for the purposes of issuing the same type rating on their licence. The response was very positive.

Jetkopite
17th May 2013, 07:33
Hey Banana can you PM with some info you have on transferring to another EASA state??? I am thinking about it also as my B737 on JAR has lapsed by more than 5 years.. I tried getting B777 on it before the 5 year mark as to not risk the IR ATPL subjects but for some reason the UK CAA rejected the paperworks as the examiner who is CAA approved all of a sudden is not according to them..:ugh: