PDA

View Full Version : Transition from A320 to A330, where to?

C_Star
17th Apr 2013, 17:56
I am considering a move from LHS A320 to LHS A330. At the moment, the only places that seem to offer such a thing are: Korean, Skymark, Air China and 2 other Chinese carriers (plus one in Pakistan, just for the record :))

I wonder which of those programmes provide the best deal in terms of pay, quality of life (I'm not expecting many enthusiastic answers:E), job stability and, most importantly, the length of line training and Pass rate?

Do those operators really want to train the 320 pilots onto the 330, or is there some catch?

Any input will be appreciated :ok:

jumbojet
21st Apr 2013, 13:29
who cares???

Alexander de Meerkat
21st Apr 2013, 20:47
The silence is deafening!

BIGBAD
21st Apr 2013, 23:40
Qatar airways are usually desperate

oicur12.again
22nd Apr 2013, 01:18
Air China will do it but you will be a joonyah skipper based in lovely Beijing for a while. A long while.

C_Star
22nd Apr 2013, 05:50
The silence is deafening!

Apparently this is one of aviation's best kept secrets... :E

Air China will do it but you will be a joonyah skipper based in lovely Beijing for a while. A long while.

What does being a "Junior Captain" in Air China mean? Is that an euphemism for being an F/O, a Cruise Captain? Is one then a P1 u/s?

One year in Beijing seems a reasonable price for the money offered and wide body command - but does one REALLY get an overseas base later on?

oicur12.again
22nd Apr 2013, 13:44
J captain at CA is like being a senior FO in many ways.

I left 10 months ago when they were just starting to employ 320 upgrade guys.

There is nothing firm as to when you will become an A captain and therefore move to a base. They may promise one thing but this means nuttin.