PDA

View Full Version : Surprising Sir M. & EK expansion I/view

fliion
17th Apr 2013, 15:44
Dubai Eye - Sir Maurice Flanagan 16.04.2013 (http://dubaieye1038.com/page/Sir_Maurice_Flanagan_16.04.2013/110821?feed=5)

Dubai Eye interview where he says possibly DXB-CPH-SEA coming as well as Chicago.

PR boys must be shaking their heads at him.

I believe SAS pulled out if this one awhile back.

Also Airliners.net saying speculation EK to launch DXB-CDG-LAX on A380.

This EU-US gig may have legs.

On a sadder note for bonus - Dow Jones reporting a 140m dhs shirt deal inked with Real Madrid to be announced shortly.

Perhaps they will take all this into account when they decide what to pay the guys & gals who will be at the tip of the spear.

f.

Wizofoz
17th Apr 2013, 16:59
flion,

Do you actually think our marketing and advertising isn't worth it?

Serious, not rhetorical question.

fliion
17th Apr 2013, 17:26
I do. I think it's its an incredible machine...that on a macro level we benefit from.

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

There are many things we do well here; maintenance, marketing, route structure, equipment, crew logistics down route, etc...flt ops culture on the other hand...hmmm.

f

I_fixem
18th Apr 2013, 10:01
Nope, can't agree on that. The guys are in general expected to perform miracles, not maintenance. There's a couple of great engineers in DXB, but they get worked to death and they are the minority. I see tough times ahead if DXB doesn't get much more quality engineers soon... IMHO :ugh:

plasticmerc
22nd Apr 2013, 13:55
maintainers are under resourced, and pushed to breaking point daily!
The good guys are hammered and the slackers continue to hide and reap the benefits that the workers do.
Who are the idiots?

If companies put the same level of effort into the back room unseen resources as they do to flight ops then DXB or any airline in the world would be much better.

When things go wrong it is usually the engineers who are turned to.
We are extremely important to the basic operation of any airline!
Without us aircraft will not or cannot fly!

Rant over sorry.