PDA

View Full Version : Greeting to all Air Macau and China Southern pilot :)

ms1016
17th Apr 2013, 02:45
Hello there, it's Terrance Hoi here...

I'm recently gaining JAA/EASA License through Modular method in UK :)

I'd like to make contact with current Air Macau pilots and China southern pilots as these two airlines which I 'dreamed' to fly with :) :) (Hopefully I could hear some hints from you all)

Thank you !!!!! :) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flying Mechanic
19th Apr 2013, 08:23
Air Macau, u need 320 type Rating and hours on type, China southern you will need 2000 hours plus, with at least 500 on 320/330/777. hope your dream works out!i have friend at Air Macau, it's not a dream job !

ms1016
19th Apr 2013, 19:49
Thank you mate, Flying Mechanic :)

So basically, I need get my A320 type rateing in UK before applying to Air Macau? I am wondering do they take Junior First Officer (Second Officer) with low-hours or I have to have 1500 hours before? (I am a Macau Citizenship) :hmm:

My initial plan is that apply to EasyJet, Ryanair, those low-cost carry as my first airline job but I don't think they will take Junior pilot with low-hours so ..

Could you please ask your friend (the one works in Air Macau) that would I be possible to make contact with him in order to get some more hints, please?

On the other hand, China southern will be the future because I don't even think they will take me unless I am a Captain or Senior First Officer hahahahahah:O

ms1016
20th Apr 2013, 09:02
Thank You and much appreciate for providing information, Iceman,

According to the requirement of China southern, obviously it will be the future talking. I didn't meet most of the requirements except :c
• No older than 55
• ICAO level 4
• Medical Class 1
• No history of incidents or accidents
• No criminal record

Also, do you think it would be my advantage as my ICAO English level has assessed as level 6 ?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

volare_737
21st Apr 2013, 03:03
Hi Iceman. Just to confirm. Is it true that a Malaysian Licence is a No NO for China ?

necessity
21st Apr 2013, 10:15
Hi Iceman,

Could you be so kind and post the full list with the countries thous licences not accepted in China.

Regards,

necessity

ms1016
21st Apr 2013, 10:22
Thank you Iceman,

Much appreciate for providing us information,

I have sent u a PM just now :)I think you should have received it....

Also, I am also wondering, does it still qualify if I do my type rating in UK? and how about the license conversion? 

Thank you :) :O:O:O:O:O

fareez36
22nd Apr 2013, 16:12
please do PM me Iceman.
thanks.
:oh:

CDRW
22nd Apr 2013, 22:34
Two licences that are a no no are South African and Malaysian - I think they call them 'class B".

777Efoh
23rd Apr 2013, 00:30
I believe it's more to do with the passport rather than license.

necessity
23rd Apr 2013, 10:15
2 Iceman
I would appreciate if you pm me the list

Regards

Macarto
27th Apr 2013, 11:29
@Icemen

I hail from Singapore but would like a PM of the list of countries sensitive to Malaysia Licence.

Many thanks.

KAG
28th Apr 2013, 10:04
MS 1016: I am a Macau Citizen
That will help, and the minimums could be different for you with Air Macau and the other chinese airlines, as you are "Chinese" (yes I know from Macau). You might be told otherwise, but you should try directly.

Do you speak Putonghua?
You might want to try to be hired as FO with some chinese ailines, minimums could be anywhere from CPL 200 hours to senior FO in this case.

Being a Macau citizen (and able to speak guangdonghua/putonghua) you can try Macau, HK, Taiwan, China. Often for a national the minimums and requirements are lower than what you can read here, for the foreigners.

bisonte
7th May 2013, 21:26
Can you give me morι info about the screening process from CSA im very interesting and i think that comply with the requirements.

Madp1lot
30th Jul 2013, 23:20
Being a Macau Citizen or Chinese National are not the same thing. Being a Macau Citizen AND a Chinese National its an entirely different thing.

I would love to be able to apply to any company in HK, Taiwan or China just because I'm a Macau citizen ;) It helps though.

@ms1016: nei hou? you need some experience first, and knowing someone in the company will help as well. Air Macau's PTF no longer exists, so you need the TR with some experience. Last time I heard, waiting list to join is extensive.

good luck with that :)

Luka1016
5th Aug 2013, 06:39
My name is Luka Lam, I am Macau local pilot too.... I am holding A320 Type rated, commercial pilot with Instrument rated. I am looking for a pilot job in Air Macau too..Hopefully, we can be a friend and nice to meet you!

deltazulu
14th Aug 2013, 10:03
I think at this time ,Chinese CAA takes Hongkong and Macau citizen as same as PRC citizen,if you can read Chinese ,you can check the website of CAAC pilots,pilots.caac.gov.cn,check the bbs for extra info.

Arrowhead
28th Aug 2013, 04:46
Right let's clear this up.

1) Air Macau has HUGE need for FOs and Direct Entry Captains right now.
2) For FOs, the requirement for non-locals is 500 hours total time, including 200 of instructor/airline/corporate/military (this may be negotiable). For Macau-ID holders the requirement is 250 hours total time. Must have a current A320 rating.
3) The website says 2000 hours incl 500 jet/glass. That's a desire, not a requirement.
4) Macau-ID holders are preferred over expats, but in reality there are virtually none, they dont always meet the standards.
5) If you are interested contact [email protected] or [email protected]
6) If you are local, I suggest you turn up at the head office in NAPE with your CV, go to the 18th floor, and ask to speak to the Chief Pilot's secretary Angela to arrange a meeting.
7) WARNINGS:
- SKILLS: Air Macau has tightened its standards a lot. Its harder to be recruited and promoted than before.
- ITS SLOW: If you do get an interview, be warned that things dont happen very fast. It may take several months to get a start date, and then several more months (on low pay) to finish training.
- MONEY: You will be bonded, probably for USD30,000. Pay will not be great for the first couple of years. Pay rates can and do change, so I wont give details. Suffice to say that 3-4 years in, you will be one of the better paid pilots in the world, but not the best paid. Also, Macau is not as cheap to live in any more.
- MACAU: Is not for everyone. You can get experience, and then forfeit your bond and leave. Many do. Or you can stay for a rapid command, subject to your performance. If you want blue skies and an expat girlfriend, forget it.

If you can afford it, pay for 300-500 hours of A320 line training with someone like Eaglejet, and that should put you at the top of the list. That investment will pay itself back in a year, assuming you meet all the standards.

Do not send me any PMs as I will not respond.

squarecrow
28th Aug 2013, 13:43
So who's this Iceman? seems the posts have been deleted.

truefaith
1st Nov 2013, 02:04
I was in the Ops office when somebody alerted the fleet manager that there is fight broke out involving Mainlander Chinese.

Was that true?

jowong1
4th Jan 2014, 07:43
Wondering when they will start looking again....i am rated in a320 but heard nothing so far....i have more than the 2000tt/500glass they stated on their website

JetABro
24th Jan 2014, 07:03
Yes, NX needs a lot of pilots. Arrowhead made the right points. Expansion planed for the coming years but don't have the numbers to fly the current size. Example, first a/c just arrived that expanded the fleet (no replacement), A320, msn 4xxx (so no more old ****), wet lease cxl for good, but cxl x3 flts a day due lack of crews.
This is not a new thing for NX. Guys come, guys go, but never have enough to keep up.
If you meet the min, which isn't hard, apply, call, hassle them! This is Macau, nothing happens quickly.

Good luck.:ok:

Flying Mechanic
28th Jan 2014, 14:12
With those skills in direct law, they might ask you to join the training department. I have quite a few friends in Air Macau, you really need to hassle them , and don't give up.

BixBux
7th Feb 2014, 00:23
Hi everyone I'm a Pilot with a CPL(A) Easa currently with 300 hours TT and I have a macau permanent ID, does anyone know the minimum requirements to join Air Macau now for a F/O position? i've sent them many emails but no one seems to answer. Thanks for your help guys :)

ReverseFlight
9th Feb 2014, 09:14
It used to be 1,000 TT, A320 TR (no hours required) and some money to be deposited as a bond for 3 years.

Any updates anyone ?

Madp1lot
9th Feb 2014, 11:38
Prety much the same, but you can opt between:
- a bank garanty of up to 30k USD for 2 to 3 years (aka frozen bank account for that much money for that much time with NX as benefitiary) or;
- you can sign a promissory note for the same amount of money and time proposed by NX, and your base pay will be decreased appropriatly for that duration (you'll get the money back at the end of the "bond" with 12 months delay)

If you have the money, its better to go with the bank garanty.

As for the min experience, TR is a must (can be with 0H on type) and TT is kind of foggy... but recently there were some applications with 1000+TT, so the more the better.

Cheers.

ReverseFlight
10th Feb 2014, 13:44
Oh, I should also say, if you go the frozen account route, you don't get any interest on it for as long as it is frozen ... it's like an interest free loan but repayment is guaranteed after 2 - 3 years, assuming you don't resign in the meantime.

buddys
25th Feb 2014, 05:05
Wow, I didn't know there're so many Macau ID holders with A320 TR waiting in line for a chance to get a spot in Air Macau... I heard recently many new non-Macau ID holders just started training with them... :(

tomasz860
1st Feb 2015, 23:29
Any latest news from the hiring front at Air Macau? Any hiring going on this year in 2015? Expansion news?

I'm hearing the type rating is not a hard rule any more. Any one know if they've done hiring without the 320 rating recently?

How does this new 9 week on, 3 week off schedule work? Are jump seat agreements in place for commuters on your 3 off?

Thanks for your inputs!

Cheers!

Siu Mo To
5th Feb 2015, 01:22
This place is a revolving door; always hiring.
Indeed TR is not a hard rule anymore but I do not follow the latest hiring situation.
Jumpseat agreement? No such thing in Asia. You get employee discount with other airlines but the number of airlines are quite limited.
The "frozen" bank account thing will give you interest if you do this:
You can do a CD with BOC as a collateral for the bank guarantee. As long as the CD is in force you will get paid interest.

HVYMETAL
5th Feb 2015, 01:53
What's the pay and per diem at Air Macau? I know it changes a lot but please humor me. Im looking to be making around 5.5k or more USD per month as an FO.

I'm interested because of th 9 weeks on 3 weeks off schedule and want to live in Asia. I'm not willing to PTF or train in anyway whatsoever but I'll stay at least the required training bond and longer if it's a good place to work. I take it the 9 weeks on is 1 day off per week? Are any of those agreements with airlines like Cathay or Air China that at least fly back to the USA?

Thanks for your time.

dboy
13th Mar 2015, 08:25
I got last week an invitation to attend a selection.

But why do i have to give a bankguarantee? Still dont get it because there is a bond of 5 years.

Siu Mo To
13th Mar 2015, 16:57
Bank guarantee is if you put bond money up front. You deposit $ in a bank, but it is frozen until the bank guarantee expires. You will be asked to set the BG for a period roughly equals to your contract. If you leave early the company take your $. When the bank guarantee expires your $ is released to you by the bank.

Or you can do it through "monthly deduction", then you do not need bank guarantee but you have to sign a note promising you will pay the bond amount (they use the term "training fee" or similar not "bond"). Technically it is not a deduction, they lower your base pay until the bond is fully paid, guys pay up front have higher base pay since they paid the "bond" up front. Give you back the $ at the end of contract.

Difference?
1. It affects your base pay therefore differences in bonus and your 13th month salary (both base on base pay) before the bond is fully paid.
2. The legal ownership of the $ before the contract completion.
3. Risk is relatively high for new guys to pay up front if they fail the training. To be fair, the company never fail people on purpose for this money.

Hope it helps.

dboy
13th Mar 2015, 17:31
Thank you for the explanation. I guess i am not going to the assessment. It think 5 years is pretty long to stay there. And i dont want to lose my bank deposit either. It is the first time i hear from that. Reducing my salary is also not an option because living in macau is also not cheap from what i've read. And the weather is too humid for me.

Ghost_Rider737
14th Mar 2015, 06:24
wierd scenario since Chinese airlines send their cadets to South Africa but somehow don't allow South African licences in China ?

Chinese cadets take to sunny skies and braais | Mail & Guardian (Mobile edition) (http://m.mg.co.za/article/2014-11-27-chinese-cadets-take-to-sunny-skies-and-braais)

Siu Mo To
14th Mar 2015, 10:41
Too long; will read the full article later.
Macau and Hong Kong is not China for licensing purpose.
There is no shortage of FO in China, they only need Captains.

CaptSaaz2016
24th Sep 2016, 08:29
Guys Greetings!
I have been called for an interview with Air Macau. I would highly apprecite if you could share your experience on interview process and sim profile. My email id [email protected]
thank you and in advance
allthe best and good luck
cheers