PDA

View Full Version : Britain's got talent...

tonker
15th Apr 2013, 16:33
I write this with a large amount of uncertainty, but and with a big sigh, please bear with me.

Last night my wife dragged me through an hour of "BGT" drivel, until this dance troop from Hungary turned up and did a tribute to all things British. Please watch until the end and i think you will understand why i'm posting this on this forum.

Attraction perform their stunning shadow act - Week 1 Auditions | Britain's Got Talent 2013 - YouTube

Liobian
15th Apr 2013, 16:53
I'm not in the services,
but I did, and I do.
Thanks so much for posting it.

BEagle
15th Apr 2013, 17:29
Simply brilliant....

Courtney Mil
15th Apr 2013, 17:38
Goodness. That is truly excellent. Fortunately I could allow Mrs C to watch as her youngest has just completed his last patrol in Afghanistan, so is a little safer now. What an excellent tribute. So clever.

My heart sank when I was a BGT post here, but I take back everything I thought. Thanks for posting.:ok:

November4
15th Apr 2013, 17:41
Amazing - thanks for posting it as I would never have seen it otherwise.

CoffmanStarter
15th Apr 2013, 18:07
Speechless ... brilliant ... Thanks for posting Tonker.

ksimboy
15th Apr 2013, 18:44
An amazing act, the problem is how do they top that? By far the most interesting act on the show Saturday night.

Party Animal
15th Apr 2013, 18:55
Agree with all of the above but shouldn't they be a part of Hungary Has Got Talent?

newt
15th Apr 2013, 21:20
If the Legion are sharp they will try and use this for this years Poppy Appeal!:ok:

Jumping_Jack
16th Apr 2013, 09:25
Very clever I'll grant you, but a tribute? Really? Looked more 'Anti-war' brigade than tribute to our forces.

Evanelpus
16th Apr 2013, 09:29
I love shows like BGT, Dancing on Ice, X Factor, Strictly et al, it allows SWMBO to watch them downstairs and for me to bimble upstairs to watch Spanish football!

Thomas coupling
16th Apr 2013, 09:36
Jumping Jack: either way it's a win win.

A tribute: No problem.

Anti War: A problem aired........................:ok:

tonker
16th Apr 2013, 13:24
Isn't everyone anti war?

Courtney Mil
16th Apr 2013, 13:41
I used to think so, Tonka, but then found out that there is a thing called Antiwar.com. It appears this is a website devoted to opposing aggressive war, imperialism, and assaults on freedom associated with both. So, they seem like a good thing to start with and then you find out they're only against AGGRESSIVE war, not the other sort.

Jumping_Jack
16th Apr 2013, 16:06
T-C, I might agree if the Anti-War folks were just that. Regrettably the majority are anti the Armed Forces too, with a view that we have a choice as to which countires our overnment sends us to fight

Limeygal
16th Apr 2013, 16:14
Tonker-thank you

sisemen
16th Apr 2013, 16:18
I joined the RAF and served for 30 years because I was anti-war.....I was doing my bit in preventing it or fronting it if it did happen.

Where were all the cowards and freeloaders???

lightbluefootprint
16th Apr 2013, 16:28
I was deeply sceptical about johnny foreigner coming over here taking up slots on our talent shows. Within minutes I was moved almost to tears and cheering on a potential winner. Top perfrmance and thanks tonker for giving it a wider audience.

SOSL
16th Apr 2013, 17:50
Thanks Tonker that was just brilliant.

Rgds SOS

Flypro
16th Apr 2013, 18:37
Many thanks Tonker.

Have never watched that pathetic programme, however, the video reduced me to tears - but as I've served the Queen for 49 years I'm allowed!!!!!

peterperfect
16th Apr 2013, 19:07
It was brilliant, not quite the HFH silhouette but I bet most viewers instantly thought of it.

Can't wait to see the next Regimental/Squadron Sods Opera version !!!
pp

Tankertrashnav
16th Apr 2013, 19:28
Brilliant tonker - thanks very much, but I am afraid you've made a rod for your own back.

As I suspect most of us here would normally rather find tiresome odd jobs to do than watch BGT, you have been nominated to watch it on our behalf so that you can post any more acts of this quality which may turn up ;)

Shack37
16th Apr 2013, 21:28
You also get my vote as Duty BGT Watcher. Thanks for posting it.

enginesuck
16th Apr 2013, 21:49
Of course the Harrier makes a much better silhouette than the tornado would... Blah blah blah ! Thanks for the post