PDA

View Full Version : ICAO English Test Training

Cheungccc
15th Apr 2013, 07:22
Hi everyone,
I am new here, as I want to know if anybody has any information regarding the course provided by AVIATIONENGLISH? If there is anybody that has participated in the course, do you find it helpful, or it's just something somebody made up trying to make money?? Thank You very much!

jumpseatCAPT
16th Apr 2013, 05:41
Looks and sounds like someone preying on the vast amounts of local HK CX and KA cadet applicants to make a quick buck. Focus on your pronunciation, syntax, and lexicon and the ICAO English test should be easier than you make it out to be. This is not a university exam, it is just a test to determine if you are able to use the standard aviation language to communicate clearly and concisely.

Greenbird244
19th Apr 2013, 08:43
Hi! I did this course last September, during one week. i had failed the HK ICAO test in June and I had to do it again at the end of September, so just before the exam I've done the English course. I learnt a lot of aeronautic english vocabulary, and I trained my accent, grammar....!
Also the teacher was very concerned, and even after the course he spoke a lot with me, introduced me some friends of him from several nationalities....I spoke english all the time during more than one week! And I really could feel my english improving.
I've succeeded my ICAO exam, and I had the job I was looking for...!

Capetonian
19th Apr 2013, 08:58
Council of Europe English levels.

Thought this might be useful in the context.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7593647/Council%20of%20Europe%20levels.pdf