PDA

View Full Version : 5* economy direct vs 3* business indirect

Metro man
12th Apr 2013, 05:06
Given the choice for a 6-8 hour flight which would you prefer:

a) Economy seat on Cathay, Singapore, Qatar non stop.

b) Business seat on Sri Lankan, China Southern, Vietnam etc with a connecting flight.

Six hours non stop during daytime is tolerable in economy on a decent airline, overnight with a big timezone change might make a lesser airlines business class quite attractive. A short break half way with lounge access and a possible shower might be a more pleasant journey.

Anyone had to make a similar choice ?

Espada III
12th Apr 2013, 07:08
Yes

Either a five hour non-stop daytime flight on a loco or an overnight seven hour trip including a transit in Europe on a quality legacy airline.

At first I preferred the overnight trip due to better facilities and service in flight and I did not lose a day in the office or at work.

Now I am a little bit older, I prefer the daytime non-stop trip.

Hartington
12th Apr 2013, 09:58
Given the choices offered I think I'd go for the non stop. Part of the reason is that connection. Should the inbound be late what are the alternatives to get to destination?

rog747
13th Apr 2013, 18:55
sri Lankan business class is excellent both a320 and refurbed long haul a330/340

Mr Mac
13th Apr 2013, 22:30
Always turn left given option on long haul if your journey does not become too long because of it:ok:. Airlines you mentioned are OK in Business in my experience. Have not flown at the back for some time on carriers mentioned, except for short hops, so can not honestly be of help.

Mr Mac