PDA

View Full Version : SIA Training Bonds

Fluke
26th Apr 2002, 06:58
Any updates on legal proceedings against non national cadets. I heard positive rumours eminating out of OZ recently. Some gutsy dudes out there. Regards All.:)

411A
26th Apr 2002, 18:53
...well if the "non National" cadets sign up, they should be prepared to follow thru, and complete the course, go to work for which they have been trained....and complete their agreed service.
To do otherwise, is....lying.
Quite simple really.

G.Khan
27th Apr 2002, 01:33
Yup - agree with 411A there. It is in no way 'gutsy' to sign agreements/contracts and then break them beacause you didn't take the time to properly understand them in the first place.

I think you will find that SIA have overcome this problem, (non-nationals) but not employing them anymore as F/Os - which is a shame for those who would have been prepared to see the job through, they may well have been denied a flying career opportunity by the selfish acts of others. Yes I have completed two training bonds, different companies.

nice_beaver
28th Apr 2002, 07:50
Just a few words making it out to be so simplistic. The real issues are not so easy to dismiss and have been done to death here on numerous occassions.

Good luck to anyone who has a good case against any tyranical, unsympathetic and frankly childish employer and the balls to stand up for their rights.

Well done to those that have, and won - you know who you are.

411A
28th Apr 2002, 21:31
....uh, you mean...."good luck to those who have lied?"
The company offers a position, selected candidate signs a bond....and then runs away....doesn't sound like having b@lls to me....more like an idiot.
For those that have done so...care to sign your names here...so that other companies can avoid offering positions?
Come on guys...step up.:D:eek:

Thought not:rolleyes:

In the slot
3rd May 2002, 13:57
Well said 411A.
Guess that loser gladioli (or is it gladiator) will come and cry again and boast about his galant move. Hmmm, shall I fly charters in a C401 twice a month, or sign a bond with SIA to fly new widebodies and then run off as soon as it suits me? Who has the balls??