PDA

View Full Version : Another fraudulent sale

John R81
10th Apr 2013, 18:46
Dear everyone

This advert on "Aviator Sale.com" is fraudulent. Send money at your peril

Eurocopter EC 120B COLIBRI for sale by JOHN HENSHALL NUTHURST from 1999 (http://www.aviatorsale.com/aix9854/) :=:=:=

If you know me, you know that I am not selling any of my machines at this time. If I were selling then given the fit and standard of my EC120 that is about half-price. Anyway, with the extras listed I doubt she would get off the ground.

The site has just been brought to my attention. Now, can anyone tell me if this is a bona fidi site and whom I can contact to get the ad removed, or is the whole site a fraud?

Thanks

nellycopter
10th Apr 2013, 19:24
Your not on your own John,
My 120 has been on there for 12 months or more,
Infact if you search the site it looks like nearly every aircraft has every optional extra..... And more...
I know it does happen, but more fool the buyer falling for a scam like this.......
I think the way it works is this is a offer of a lifetime ..... At this price it will sell this week...... Only way we can hold it is if you send us $100'000.00 deposit.....
And then the buyer turns up at yours to view the aircraft,
And the low life pockets 100k and moves on to the next one....

And people do fall for this...

Nelly

Anthony Supplebottom
10th Apr 2013, 19:42
The site says you may contact the seller directly, have you tried sending yourself an email and seeing what happens?

John R81
10th Apr 2013, 20:23
I emailed him and asked for the advert to be taken down, informing him that this was a fraud.

Details also passed on to UK Police anti-fraud unit.

John R81
10th Apr 2013, 20:26
AS - that is not my email address. The fraudster has registered an email to collect responses. I wish I knew how to spam that address! Unfortunately, not enough of my youth was misspent, or at least not misspent in the appropriate way.

House locks, cars, motorcyles, that's another story

Getting all nostalgic now for my youth... scrumping, and all that

2Sticks
10th Apr 2013, 20:26
My investigations reveal that this domain, Which has been 'live' for 12 years, is hosted by Lynero.dk, which appears to be a Danish web hosting company? They've done a pretty good job of disguising their identity though. There's more information here: 195.182.36.117 - IP Address Data (http://www.whoismind.com/ip/195.182.36.117.html).
I don't know much about this site but I'm sure, if there's good evidence of fraud, the Internet Service Provider, Lynero Aps, may be quite responsible in helping to close this down. Maybe their are some Dk Ppruners who could help with the language, although our Danish colleagues are generally great linguists compared to us Brits! This particular ISP has a 'report abuse' policy and it be worth as many people affected as possible emailing them at [email protected].
2S.

Anthony Supplebottom
10th Apr 2013, 20:45
Scrumping ah yes, and taking one's pickings back to mum to turn into apple pie on which she would lavish her home made custard, I can even smell it!

Well not to worry, with TorqueStripe and 2Sticks you seem to be well covered.

TorqueStripe, you should market your services as an online detective - there are people who charge for doing what you've just done in a few minutes! Well done. :D

2Sticks
10th Apr 2013, 22:32
Anthony,
I detect a slight note of sarcasm - but then this is Pprune :). However, I did recently manage to get an IP address that was trying to flood our servers with a Denial of Service attack closed down by contacting the ISP in question They treated the matter seriously, so it's worth a try.
2S

10th Apr 2013, 22:52
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Shut down already??

Anthony Supplebottom
11th Apr 2013, 07:45
2Sticks, no sarcasm intended. You and TorqueStripe did a grand job!

Shut down already??

Yes, by the look of it. Shame really, Peter should have gone along with the scam by emailing his interest in his own aircraft and gathering sufficient evidence to prosecute these blighters so they are less inclined to scam someone else.

But at least for now their ruse is over.

John R81
11th Apr 2013, 08:45
AS - I grew up in Liverpool. No apples, so we went scrumping for cars :O:O:O

[NOTE: joke!]

aegir
11th Apr 2013, 08:52
The link is not shout down:
Eurocopter EC 120B COLIBRI for sale by JOHN HENSHALL NUTHURST from 1999 (http://www.aviatorsale.com/aix9854/) it is still working:=

Nicolas Rehbein
11th Apr 2013, 10:00
We have received phonecalls from Israel and Germany about John R81s Helicopters and have copies of e mail correspondence between the parties as well as the current bank details of the so called seller in Brent . The use of very poor English in the e mails is a bit of a giveway but maybe not to some poor unsuspecting foreign purchaser. If the price is too good to be true then it probably is !

Arrrj
11th Apr 2013, 10:50
G'day John,

I have always said what a nice bloke you are...but selling your (looks great !) 120B for $460K is just the icing on the cake.

I'll be in touch ! Such a generous gesture should not be ignored.

Arrrj

PS as you would say ("joke").

John R81
11th Apr 2013, 20:44
Arrj

For you, mate, I will throw in delivery

:ok:

ShyTorque
11th Apr 2013, 21:05
Sold, to the bloke wearing the hat with corks hanging on the brim! :ok:

206 jock
29th Apr 2013, 18:57
And another! I was contacted by one of those annoying companies that 'request updates on the ownership status of your helicopter'. Normally I just delete the email but it said it was advertised on aircraftbargains.com.

Sure enough, there it is: buy this Bell at Aircraftbargains (http://www.aircraftbargains.com/ad/4969/buy/). I advertised it from 25/4/2013 apparently!

My contact details, airframe TOT are correct, completely made up avionics and equipment. And priced so well that if it wasn't mine, I'd buy it tomorrow!

Presumably the scammers lift the details off G-INFO

Peter-RB
30th Apr 2013, 07:48
Hey you Guys,

Lay off a little, this must be that Prince Mdangle chappie , he has promised to cut me in for 50% of all Oil Revenues from his Nigerian Field, but I must first send him just $55000, to allow my tax codes to be verified, do you know that helicopter looks a bargin, I think I will try to get the Prince interested so I could fly him round to view our joint operation..:E

Peter R-B

From the Valley of the Lancashire Champagne Farms:suspect:

206 jock
7th May 2013, 13:30
I sent a note to the website my aircraft was listed on asking them to remove it (no success) so I sent a note to the 'vendor'. Eventually I got this reply just now:

"Sir,
I know i am a fool sending you this mail but to tell you the truth, i am really a fool. fool in the sense that i know what i have been doing is not right but i am still doing it. I am a thief and a lier, but this is not what i bargained for in my life went school had my Bsc in Banking and finance but no job. i saw my self doing scam for a leaving. am so sorry for all this but i did them just to eat and be able to take care of mum sick and my younger ones. so sorry for every thing regarding to post your helicopter for sale. i am sorry.
James"

Wierd, huh?

At least he has put the price at a more sensible level now:rolleyes:

KNIEVEL77
7th May 2013, 13:43
A crook with a conscience perhaps?

ShyTorque
7th May 2013, 15:05
A crook with a conscience perhaps?

But no dictionary!

206 jock
8th May 2013, 08:22
I finally managed to get the advert taken down. The response from the website admin tells me what I'm sure we all suspected:

"Thanks for sharing. The last two times he accessed our site was once from a known proxy in Russia and the other time from Nigeria, which is probably his real location."

I have also emailed the CAA to ask them why they feel it is necessary to publish my details in the public domain. There is a whiff of double standards when it comes to data protection, I think.

Rich B
8th May 2013, 09:46
Hi everyone

My aircraft was listed for sale shortly after I purchased it, on the same website as has been previously mentioned in this thread.

I sent an email to the CAA to voice my concern. Their reply is below, but this was as of July 2011, so it may be possible their stance is different now, although somehow I doubt it.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you may know, the CAA is required, by law, to maintain a Register of Aircraft in the UK, to include on it the names and addresses of all persons qualified to be the owners of the aircraft and to make the Register available to any person to inspect. Insofar as you are a person with legal or equitable title to the aircraft, the CAA therefore is required to include your name and address on the register and to make the register publicly available.

As it was a pre-existing piece of legislation requiring these details to be made public it is not covered by the Data Protection Act.

The CA1 application form that you completed to register the aircraft states in the accompanying notes: 'The UK Register of Civil Aircraft is available to the public, including via the CAA website, and includes the names and addresses of registered owners of aircraft.'

We assume that you have contacted the website concerned to remove this entry, however we ourselves will only re-register and aircraft if we are satisfied ownership has changed and contact the current registered owner before doing so.

We do not insist that you use your private residential address on your application to register but do recommend that you use the most appropriate correspondence address for the distribution of safety information. If you wish to change your address on your existing Certificate of Registration to a business, airfield or PO Box address please return it to us giving details of the new address and a new Certificate will be issued and the Register entry amended. There is no charge for the re-issue of a Certificate of Registration for a change of address.

Sadly it looks like there is very little any of us can do apart from contact the "seller" via their website and ask for the advertisement to be removed.

Best Regards

Rich B

toptobottom
8th May 2013, 17:34
These scams have been doing the rounds for years and quite frankly, if anyone is stupid enough to think an aircraft would be advertised at such a low price AND then send a deposit to anywhere other than a local and well-known escrow agent, then they deserve to lose their money!! My helis have found their way onto sites such as this and guess what? NO enquiries! No doubt some people are daft enough to fall for it, otherwise the scammers wouldn't persist, but really...

PS Shyte But no dictionary! :confused:

John R81
19th Feb 2014, 14:14
Sadly, G-OTFL is again "up for sale" on http://www.aerocontroller.com/aircraft-for-sale/14-turbine-helicopters-for-sale/6903-1999-eurocopter-ec120-b and it is, again, a attempt at fraud.

The machine is not for sale, and certainly not at that price. Website contacted to ask for removal of the advert.

Do not send any money
If you contact the "seller" you will not be speaking to me

John R81
19th Feb 2014, 15:24
And top marks to AeroController who have pulled the add and emailed confirmation in an instant response to my request.

:ok::ok::ok:

FLY 7
20th Feb 2014, 21:15
There appears to be a few 'scam' sales on that site.

Hairyplane
23rd Feb 2014, 08:01
Interesting to see my R44 on Buy Planes For Sale (http://www.Buyplanesforsale.com).

It has acquired air-con., done less hours and is offered at a price way below market value.

You can even 'send me an Email'. Well, at least it is addressed to me by name!

My machine is not for sale. I have no communication whatsoever with the site.

Do people really fall for these scams? I can guess. 'Send a refundable(!) deposit to secure the aircraft. If you don't buy it we will refund your money'.

Yeah right!:hmm:

HP

Saratogapp
23rd Feb 2014, 08:39
I think these dudes just ask for your bank log-in and your password, then, just leave the rest to us....