PDA

View Full Version : EASA/JAA states

Majid380
10th Apr 2013, 10:11
Hello all,

as i know JAA regulations say ATPL theory and CPL test must be done on same state while candidate can make IR test anywhere within EU
now as EASA replace JAA ... i want ask if EASA have same regulations as above or candidate can do ATPL Theory and CPL test on different JAA states

paco
10th Apr 2013, 10:27
Yes you can, I believe, as long as all states concerned have signed on to EASA. I believe the hangers on will be finished this month.

Majid380
10th Apr 2013, 11:26
sounds good ... in this case i can finish theory and move to another country (you know somewhere cheaper) :)

portos8
10th Apr 2013, 15:37
Under EASA you can do the theory in one state and the CPL in another.
The full theory (groundschool + exams) has to be done in one state but you are free to choose any other member state to do the practical training. Even the CPL test can be done in any member state while the authority where you hold your medical class 1 will issue you the license. For example, you do the ATPL theory in the UK (exams included), then you go to Poland to do the IR and CPL training and test, after which the UK CAA will issue you the CPL license with the IR (as long as you have a UK medical class 1). In this way you can safe a lot of money as training in Eastern Europe is generally half the cost of UK training, while you will still obtain a UK qualification.

Majid380
11th Apr 2013, 13:18
Thank you so much portos8 ..... :)

Transsonic2000
12th Apr 2013, 01:31
@ portos8:
Even the CPL test can be done in any member state while the authority where you hold your medical class 1 will issue you the license.interesting!
Let's assume the following scenario, take the ATPL theory in Switzerland, do the practical part (CPL, IR) in Poland, and hold an Austrian medical class 1. If I understand it right (correct me if I'm wrong) in the end I'd be issued an Austrian EASA/JAA license?

paco
12th Apr 2013, 07:06
That would appear to be it

portos8
12th Apr 2013, 11:32
Exactly.

You just need to make sure that before you do the test for the CPL-IR the examinor has filled in the online questionaire from the member state where you want your license to be issued.

Transsonic2000
12th Apr 2013, 23:13
Thanks a lot, that's quite useful information!

nurhakim
9th May 2013, 17:06
hi guys,

Im planning to get my license in Poland.

referring to what is discussed above, is there a difference when ur easa license is issued by the UK CAA or Polish CAA?

Will employers discriminate pilots with license issued by Polish CAA instead or UK CAA?

If there is no difference, might as well get a medical class 1 in Poland right? no?

Thanks in advance

portos8
9th May 2013, 17:17
The license will be a EASA license, not a national one so for employers there is no difference.
Get the medical in Poland, it is cheap, then have it simply transferred to the state where you want to have your license issued.

nurhakim
9th May 2013, 17:44
thank you portos8. appreciate it!

14th May 2013, 11:52
Transfering medical is the only thing that remains complicated with EASA.
Get your Medical in the country where you want your licence to be issued, then do your training where you want.
To choose a country for the issue of your licence, you might want to look at the fees, and the quality of service. Many authorities now use the web instead of paper forms for many things, CAA prefers paper, and expensive fees.

portos8
18th May 2013, 13:51
Most ATO's throughout Europe will be EASA approved by now. For UK testing ask the ATO if their examiner is briefed by the UK CAA and you can do your training and UK test with them. Saves you the extortionate UK CAA testfees:ouch:
If in doubt ask the ATO to sent you a copy of the EASA certificate of approval.