PDA

View Full Version : SA licence renewal

Juliet-Echo
10th Apr 2013, 06:05
Hey guys,

Has anybody gone through the process of renewing their South African licence via their PPC and EK avmed?

My SA licence will expire this year and I just want to find out which hoops I have to jump through. I looked on the SACAA website but it's a little user unfriendly.

Jefferson Airplane
10th Apr 2013, 08:41
Hi J-E, I have been renewing my SA licence for a number of years and these are the documents required by the SACAA:

1. 'Application for the Revalidation of Maintenance of Competency of an ALTP Licence by pilots employed by a foreign carrier' form (CA 61-01.0a found under Licensing & Examinations, Forms on the CAA website)
2. Copy of your UAE licence
3. Copy of your UAE medical (you must specify to the Clinic that you wish to renew your SA licence during your medical)
4. Copy of your PPC, signed and stamped with an EK stamp
5. Copy of TRE's license
6. Copy of a GCAA certificate confirming the TRE's status as an approved examiner. (At my last renewal I didn't have this form and as such my license was not renewed)
7. A letter from EK confirming your employment
8. Copy of last three pages of your logbook
9. Proof of payment of the required fees

Other than that, not much!

There is/was an AIC with the above information but I too, cannot locate it.

Best of luck.

JA

Juliet-Echo
10th Apr 2013, 09:32
Thanks Boet, that's a great help!

sidestick driver
13th Apr 2013, 16:05
Just renewed mine, exactly as what was said here, but the delay in posting back to me was due the "post office being on strike"!

aceman18
13th Apr 2013, 18:11
Do any of you chaps know anywhere in the UAE where SA medicals can be done, other that the EK med centre? I'm in need of a renewal and not being with EK, I obviously can't use their facilities. Cheers.

Juliet-Echo
18th Apr 2013, 07:01
Just a question regarding the medical - I know we need to get a stress ECG done. Does anybody know who does stress ECG's in Dubai?

Also, do we need chest x-rays as well?

Thanks

Red Hackle
18th Apr 2013, 08:58
Stress ECG is not required. I handed in my normal resting ECG a few months ago and they were happy. Lung Function test is required. The EK Clinic one was not correctly done and I had to redo it in SA. Only 250 Rand with Doc. Grobbelaar. Good luck.

Juliet-Echo
30th Apr 2013, 08:04
One more question.

I've just done my PPC which is an OPC. Does it have to be an LPC? I have printed out my last OPC and previous LPC forms. If I wait till my next PPC my SA licence would have lapsed, so it has to be submitted now.

Jefferson Airplane
1st May 2013, 17:30
No, it makes no difference if it is an OPC or an LPC. As far as the SA CAA are concerned, both fulfil the requirements of what we always knew as an IF renewal.

As long as you submit the OPC/LPC form within 30 days of the PPC together with all the other documents listed above, they will renew your licence.

Fly safe,
JA

Juliet-Echo
1st May 2013, 18:43
Thanks Jef, you've been a big help.