PDA

View Full Version : JMC to be renamed Thomas Cook?

Clipper 103
26th Apr 2002, 00:02
I hear from a mate that JMC will be renamed Thomas Cook Airlines and will have the same branding as that used on the A320s in Belgium.

Can anyone confirm?

Wino
26th Apr 2002, 02:27
Why not. Then they can pissaway another 200 million pounds on yet another rebranding.

Cheers
Wino

ChickenHawk
26th Apr 2002, 06:47
What just like First Choice/Air2bob you mean? Have you seen that new colour scheme, yeeeuuuk!

:eek:

expedite_climb
26th Apr 2002, 06:57
Old news I'm afraid - the company have been denying it for months so it must be true !!

Certainly is a smart paint job though !

maninblack
26th Apr 2002, 08:43
No decision has been made yet as to whether to roll the Thomas Cook brand out across all the fleets or not. The smart money is on it happening but there are many skirmishes being fought between Germany and England on the subject.

The new Belgian image has been well received so far so that is another strong one in favour of the eventual adoption of the scheme but as for the debate as to the project.....just wait and let the managements battle it out.

:D

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
26th Apr 2002, 09:51
In other news-Dog bites man!!
As expedite says, the denial is official-it's going to happen.
The new hostie uniform may just possibly be a clue,it's blue with a TC globe logo!
Seven core values my arse.;)

Boss Raptor
27th Apr 2002, 10:18
Have to say I believe it to be a better and more appropriate branding than JMC...old is sometimes best...

kbf1
27th Apr 2002, 11:34
If they do change their name, will we still refer to them as "Just Might Crash"?

knows
28th Apr 2002, 10:44
I just hope that the pilot groups remember the company's ability to waste £200m on a two year rebranding exercise.

Quite why they ever came up with JMC when they already had the best name in holidays on its front door was a mystery to all.

Perhaps the company's negotiating position will be weakened by this when the annual pilot pay rise is "hacked out?"

wysiwyg
28th Apr 2002, 19:42
The rebranding to JMC cost £10mill not 200 (which is still an obscene amount of money for a load of crap). While we're at it can we start to realise that using JMC to spell out just more crap, etc may have a ring of truth it really is getting verrrrrrry dull now.

sickBocks
29th Apr 2002, 16:29
I preferred 'Just Murdered Caledonian'

sB

wysiwyg
1st May 2002, 08:10
My god you are sooooo funny and no one has ever said that before.