PDA

View Full Version : RN SAR 60 Mess Dinner

RN SAR 60
8th Apr 2013, 11:19
Throughout 2013 the Maritime Sea King Force are celebrating the 60th anniversary of RN rotary wing SAR. A series of low profile events are being run throughout the year alongside a push to raise money for charities local to 771 NAS at CULDROSE and GANNET SAR Flight at Prestwick. An all ranks/rates Mess Dinner is being held in the Wardroom at RNAS CULDROSE on Fri 31 May 13. All past and present members of the Armed Forces who have served in any of the RN SAR units are welcome to attend. The details:

Date: Fri 31 May 2013
Time: 1900 for 1930
Rig: Mess Undress/Black Tie
Cost: £40 per head (any profits to RN SAR 60K Fund)

To apply for tickets please email [email protected]

Wander00
8th Apr 2013, 15:17
Reminds me of an incident back in about 1999. The Yacht Club of which I was Secretary had for 25 years run a prestigious match racing event (one boat against another, like America's Cup) and our new sponsors were a well known lens manufacturer. They had taken on the sponsorship as their Marketing Manager had recently got into boating. As part of the "thank you" he was invited to a black tie dinner at which the principal guest and speaker was to be the Captain of HMS Osprey, Portland, so it may have been a Trafalgar Dinner. Commodore is set up to welcome the guests who I take upstairs and introduce to him and his wife. All going well until Commodore turns to introduce the guests to each other, to find they are already shaking hands and greeting each other warmly - we eventually got the reason - the Marketing manager in an earlier life had been aircrewman in the same RN helicopter rescue crew as the now Captain of Osprey - they had not met for some 18 years ISTR. Maybe they will meet again at your dinner. I hope you all have a fantastic time.