PDA

View Full Version : HKG transfer

ManaAdaSystem
7th Apr 2013, 10:12
There is a chance I'll be passing through HKG (staff travel), and I have a few Q's concerning this.
-Arriving with CX and connecting to LH: Will CX normally tag the luggage through HGK or do I need to clear immigration, pick up the luggage and check in for the LH flight?
-Connection time 70-80 minutes. Enought with and without immigration?
-The arrival is at 22:10. Busy time for arrivals?

Thanks in advance!

ManaAdaSystem
7th Apr 2013, 11:15
Good info, thanks!
I've been able previously to tag my luggage through other airports (without a boarding pass), the check in staff would put a stand by sticker on my luggage, and I would just drop by the transfer counter and get the luggage registed for the onward flight.
This was with airlines from the same alliance.
Transfer without clearing immigration should be possible if I can get them to tag the luggage to the final destination?

HKG is a back up for the back up plan, but I have not been there since Kai Tak, so I'm a bit outdated to say the least.

nitpicker330
7th Apr 2013, 13:23
Get on to the HKIA website for Airport maps and info so you can be geographically prepared. :ok:

Hong Kong International Airport (http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/index.html)

ManaAdaSystem
11th Apr 2013, 06:59
Thanks guys! The CX flight was delayed, so it was a no go from the beginning. The check in staff told me they could tag the baggage to my final destination, even without a boarding pass, as long as there is an interline agreement between CX and LH.
We didn't bother to check, but they were pretty sure there is an agreement in place.