PDA

View Full Version : ETHIOPIAN SCAM

fullforward
6th Apr 2013, 13:37
For those who are still thinking this is a serious outfit: besides the fact that they don't pay salary during 'training', a friend of mine was invited for screening, travelled 20 plus hr, spent almost 2,000 USD on tickets, and, after more than a month, didn't received any information from them. Nothing, zilch, nada, rien!
He saw another candidate being interrupted, on the midlle of the interview, by someone saying:...."stop this interview, we no longer need 777 Captains"...!
The poor guy had travelled half the globe for that "interview"...
They have no respect at all.

CDRW
6th Apr 2013, 15:29
Africa - what more would you expect - really????

kotakota
6th Apr 2013, 15:32
Kenya Airways no better . Bunch of us travelled twice to Nairobi for different tests , interviews etc , half of us told we were ' unsuccessful ' , then 2 months ago another email asking if we were still interested ! Some very choice replies , especially mine !

captjns
7th Apr 2013, 08:37
Many posts on this crappy outfit along with the unscrupulous recruiter who state "exciting opportunities with excellent pay".

Unfortunately there are low lifes out there willing to operate revenue flights at a pay rate of $60 a day per Diem until they are released to the line.

Shame on Ethiopian... shame on the recruiters... and most of all those who call themselves members of our profession who accept such terms and work for such a :mad: outfit.:*

Iver
7th Apr 2013, 13:06
With 787 grounding that does not surprise me - Ethiopian 787 pilots are dual rated on the 787 and 777. Why employ foreign pilots when they have 100+ 787 pilots grounded? At least that is their perspective. Surprised they don't cover travel expenses - or that people agree to the "expense compted" lies. Demand tickets up front.