PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training in Jerez

theharrier
25th Apr 2002, 19:03
Hi there!

I am currently looking to train towards my Frozen ATPL and from the research I've done so far, it looks as if BAe Systems in Jerez would be one of my best options.

I was just wandering if any of you knew anything about their groundschool success rates or had any general information about Jerez either from experience or from word of mouth whether it be positive or negative.

The whole process of choosing a flight school is such a daunting task given the money involved and any information you could offer me would be very gratefully received. (I have also emailed BAe directly to see what they say about their groundschool etc. and I'm currently awaiting their response)

Many thanks for your help,

theharrier ;)

mike105
26th Apr 2002, 15:01
hi there,
have checked out most of the flying schools and jerez really is a state of the art flying school, i only managed to get an average on my gapan tests so im going to get my ppl to see if im cut out for the atpl before going to spain,
it really is a very professional training school from what i can tell,
log onto www.baecadets.co.uk to get an idea of what previous cadets experienced at jerez
regards mike

theharrier
26th Apr 2002, 21:24
Thanks Mike, I'll take a look - all the best with your PPL

theharrier

Wor
27th Apr 2002, 08:25
Hi Ya

Am currently at Jerez, in my 2nd Phase so if you have any questions as to "what the place is actually like" then feel free to ask..... Personally I am really enjoying the place and though everything isnīt perfect there is still far more pluses than minuses, and the weather is in the 90īs, beach is good and people are great, so that kinda gives a good happy feel to those early mornings flying or in groundschool.

As for exams results, I think the pass rate is about 85% ish, out of my course of 13, 10 of us got all of them first time in Phase 1, so that canīt be bad and all of the boys and girls got all 8 in the second phase... think they have pretty much cracked the groundschool now, so I wudnīt worry about that.

As I said any questions drop me an email on [email protected]

Wor ;)

Wor
27th Apr 2002, 08:37
Oh Yeah

If you want to check out a few pictures of the place then you can visit our web site, as in a website that my course has set up!!!! It hasnīt been updated for a while but Iīve been assured that it will be soon!!!!!

At www.baepilots.com

Have fun..... look fwd to seeing ya here

wor

theharrier
27th Apr 2002, 14:04
Hi Wor,

Many thanks for your reply. I love the website, you've got some great pics on there! :D I really hope I get to come out and see you guys....especially the 'fiery Italian!' hehe What a character he sounds. Anyway I expect I'll email you a bit later if thats alright by you.

Good luck with it all!

theharrier

VFE
27th Apr 2002, 14:17
What a bunch of loonies that lot are! ;) ;)

theharrier
28th Apr 2002, 16:01
:D Well, they may be loonies, but I'd much sooner go and join them up in the air than stay stuck down here staring out of the window at the cold and wet gloom! :(

I hope it won't be long guys........