PDA

View Full Version : Qantas and inflight menus

crewmeal
6th Apr 2013, 06:24
After reading in the press about pork and not wishing to de rail the green light thread, I can't help thinking maybe EK has told QF to stop serving pork and alcohol in food. After all QF serve SIN and there has been no problem with other muslim countries in the region. I will miss the likes of coq au vin and beef bourguignon along with flaming Christmas pudding laced in cognac!

Pigs CAN'T fly: Qantas pork and alcohol from menu on European routes after deal with Emirates | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304476/Pigs-CANT-fly-Qantas-pork-alcohol-menu-European-routes-deal-Emirates.html)

crewmeal
6th Apr 2013, 07:04
The thread is part of pprune's Australia New Zealand and the Pacific - Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific. Pilots respond to the first part of the forum. Anyway don't pilots eat pork, or have they been indoctrinated as well?

Angle of Attack
6th Apr 2013, 07:55
Well as long as I can BYO Bacon Ill be happy, as long as the flight attendants can cook it in the oven, I'm not sure about the aroma that will waft through the cabin though after They open the door?, Just smother it with some rum to dull the smell.

Tidbinbilla
6th Apr 2013, 07:58
I agree with the first respondent.

This has nothing to do with us as pilots.