PDA

View Full Version : EK A380 rest areas

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Apr 2013, 14:10
I understand that the EK whales were ordered without crew rest areas.

Is the 380 considered an ULR operation.?

I am certain heavy crew will be carried. SO the question is how does EK satisfy the ULR crew rest requirements.

Cockpit and also Cabin please.

Glf

BigGeordie
5th Apr 2013, 14:28
Some have a crew rest facility and some don't. The ones that do are used on the ULR flights. For flights where the pilots require "horizontal" rest but the cabin crew don't a first class seat is considered adequate to meet the requirements.

Hope that makes it all clear.

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Apr 2013, 17:49
In the write up of BA A380.

the reference was to NO EX rest areas....

thanks

glf

ekwhistleblower
5th Apr 2013, 18:18
Yes there are crew bunks for both the FD and CC. What is your agenda?

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Apr 2013, 06:34
I have no agenda. If you look at the Flight International web site you will see that the claim is that EK has no crew rest areas.

If there was any "point" to be made was perhaps that in many companies crew rest in First is considered suitable for split crew rest.

I have no whistle to blow either.

glf

Cowtown
6th Apr 2013, 10:20
They may well have them in most of the aircraft, but if people are honest with themselves, they are not really fit for purpose. Bad design, bad location. How many ASRs does it take? Apparently not enough..:rolleyes:

crewmeal
6th Apr 2013, 11:25
If there aren't any crew rest seats for the cabin crew perhaps they could use bar boxes to sit on like we did on 707's/VC-10's.

White Knight
6th Apr 2013, 21:36
Don't know 'bout the other guys and gals on 380 but I sleep like a log in my flat bunk in the CRC. Big, thick earplugs really make the difference too:cool:

David Learmouth's lot seem to have got it wrong again! Is FI tied in with the DM by any chance?

Payscale
7th Apr 2013, 09:13
Yeap...on the Lancaster we didnt have that luxury either....;)

millerscourt
7th Apr 2013, 13:34
WK

Why am I not surprised you can sleep like a log on any aircraft?

PS Please don't mention again that you are now on the A380 as you have ruined another day for me:D

ekwhistleblower
7th Apr 2013, 15:43
WK,

If it was the DM rather than FI the headline would be: "Sleeping Emirates pilot sucked out of crew rest, saved from gaping buzzing door by giant earplug"

halas
8th Apr 2013, 09:08
On the wireless this morning...

Some SLF was on a flight that diverted from DXB. Whilst at alternate refuelling, they got to see the CRC. There were seats, bunks and their own toilet in there.

Obviously not an EK pax ;)

halas

White Knight
8th Apr 2013, 17:50
PS Please don't mention again that you are now on the A380 as you have ruined another day for me

Sorry! But we do need expert witness here heh? Keep smiling:cool::p

MrMachfivepointfive
9th Apr 2013, 15:07
Walking though a plane load of passengers what are the chances a few have influenza or some other airborne communicable disease?

Shock! Horror!! There are people exposed to that lethal hazard throughout the entire flight. They are called cabin crew.

ekwhistleblower
10th Apr 2013, 17:47
They could start by putting the rest areas where they were designed to be.

Is there any truth to the comments that those airlines with 380 rest areas next to the cockpit are struggling with cockpit noise, RT etc because of the quiet environment?