PDA

View Full Version : Jetairfly information?

JStone
3rd Apr 2013, 20:40
Hi

I'm trying to apply for the B737 FO position advertised on the website, I only speak English, so the application form is a little difficult.

Can anyone send me Contact details for HR to see if they would accept an application from me given my language issue.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance

pudoc
3rd Apr 2013, 20:56
I'm 99% sure they require you to speak Dutch, French and English. Hence their application form.

JStone
3rd Apr 2013, 21:02
Thanks for the reply

I did hear rumours that its not strictly enforced for the summer contract positions, maybe I'm wrong.

Hence why I thought an email to their HR might be worth a shot.

captplaystation
4th Apr 2013, 13:13
They certainly don't apply it for Summer Contract Capts, not sure about FO's, I guess it depends if they run out of "locals" & have to consider a non Belgian variety.

bacp
4th Apr 2013, 18:04
Thats not very Euro-playing-on-a-level-field-we're-all-equal-in-the-EU-ish, now, is it?:mad:

Vrille
8th Apr 2013, 18:08
Yes we're all equal, but if you don't speak the lingo you're disqualifying yourself
! Simple. These people "the Dutch" want to protect their language. Nothing wrong with that :ok:

el caballero rojo
8th Apr 2013, 19:00
@Bacp

May I point out that the official language in Belgium is Dutch( commanly called flemish) and French. German is the third official language in Belgium and is officially spoken in the Ost Kantons.
To work for a Belgian company, it is common that one has to speak at least French and Dutch to qualify for a job in a national company. This is not required for regional companies. Before the topic drifts to why do we have to speak those languages I can assure you by experience that this is not a unique discriminating requirement.
Try Spain without Spanish. France without....., Germany and the list gets much longer....
I had to learn German before I got even an invitation for an interview.
It's only several months since I was turned down in Sweden as I did not speak the language..... That's it...
Nothing unusual about that.
That Pan European carriers require "only" English is understandable as well. From the moment we are talking about several bases in different European countries the national requirement is mostly lifted. Eg Vueling, EasyJet, WizzAir,EAT,TNT,Norwegian,...

Jetairfly takes people on a contract basis who don't speak either Dutch or French. Rare cases only speak English. This is first hand information that is 2 years old however. Please correct me if I am wrong and things have changed.

RAT 5
8th Apr 2013, 19:24
Jetairfly takes people on a contract basis who don't speak either Dutch or French. Rare cases only speak English. This is first hand information that is 2 years old however. Please correct me if I am wrong and things have changed.

Rumour has it that there have even been Americans and Antipodeans seen on the premisses, even in cockpits; in the past.