PDA

View Full Version : Crewing positions

walla
25th Apr 2002, 13:53
Hi Guys & Girls,
Is there anyone out there that has crewing experience and would like to be orange.
There are various vacancies within the dept for all levels of experience.
You know it makes sense!! ;)

walla

VIKING9
25th Apr 2002, 15:11
But is the future orange ?? :rolleyes:

walla
25th Apr 2002, 15:23
viking 9
Yes its the way ahead.;)

VIKING9
25th Apr 2002, 15:43
Mmmmm if you say so. Say hello to Gromit when you next see her. :p

walla
25th Apr 2002, 17:39
Who is Gromit ?:confused: :confused:

VIKING9
25th Apr 2002, 18:06
Good god man, you must know who GROMIT is !! Just take a look around you next time cabin crew are checking in.... you can't miss her. :cool:

FOMere2eternity
25th Apr 2002, 22:44
Is this slip pattern type-stuff or 'Debbie, qualified on Mk4 ovens can't make Thursdays' ?

Always wondered !

walla
26th Apr 2002, 06:34
viking 9,
we don't get to see the crew over here except if they are looking for a favour.
As for looking like a gromit there are quite a few.
walla

VIKING9
26th Apr 2002, 07:32
There is only one original Gromit in my eyes, and yes she is orange. This pic was taken in the back galley at FL310 en-route LTN-BCN. Somebody must recognise her ??

http://www.aardman.com/wallaceandgromit/graphics/acs/gromitjpegs/gromit08.jpg orange

pipergirl
26th Apr 2002, 07:53
where are these positions and what is the pay like for experienced crewing staff:p

walla
26th Apr 2002, 09:47
pipergirl,
They are in day to day crewing salary is varied on experience, but i believe we are the highest paid crewing officers.
If anyone knows different please feel free to argue.
walla:D

pipergirl
26th Apr 2002, 10:22
any more info.....it's all very vague....
where are these positions? stn/ltn??? starting pay???
can u email me? ta;)

pipergirl
26th Apr 2002, 10:24
p.s am experienced and at the mo am being paid peanuts...am toying with the idea of a move.....:cool:

walla
26th Apr 2002, 10:27
pipergirl,
can't find your email address drop me aline [email protected]
walla

walla
26th Apr 2002, 11:17
pipergirl,
check your email

Mr Angry from Purley
29th Apr 2002, 17:28
pipergirl, if you dont know who the Orange order are your not with it so probably best stay put
:mad: :mad:

VIKING9
29th Apr 2002, 18:38
Pipergirl - like Mr Angry said, if you are not quite sure who the orange lot are, then you will no doubt be turning green very soon, so best contact Euroceltic and stay on the Emerald Isle.

Crewing is crewing is crewing. It won't matter what company you work for, the attitude within orange city is be tangoed or get out. Ain't that right walla ?? Being orange ain't everyone's cup of tea, maybe pipergirl should try the other UK based airlines and compare notes at the interview stage. Crewing ain't all about who can build the highest wall at the interview.

JB007
30th Apr 2002, 08:58
Ditto with Viking9!

Crewing is Crewing where ever you are...sometimes more organised or more computerised, but same old tosh really!

It's not just getting along with the Orange Order. low cost life may not be everyones cup of tea, and in the UK, they all seem pretty much the same mentality from what i've seen....difficult if you've had a taste of low-cost and hated it because as Walla says, its becoming the way to go in the UK..

It is a good learning curve if your just starting out though....and EasyJet have a very good career structure within Ops/Crewing.

walla
30th Apr 2002, 15:10
pipergirl,
I agree with what both viking9 , mr angry and JB007 have to say
if you do not know who being orange is you are either new to the industry or foreign (please do not be offended).
Either way if you have a career goal and willing to stand up to the head of sheds then orange is a great place to be.
They will put you through courses that will benefit your career and will foot the cost.
As for what JB007 spot on, if you show that you are putting the effort in you will get the rewards.
walla:) :cool: ;)

pipergirl
30th Apr 2002, 20:35
er mr angry...if u have a quick peek at what i said, i asked where the positions were, as in, where are they based(eg ltn/stn etc)...
oh please do u really think i didn't know who the airline was when refering to orange......give me some credit
thank u for all the further comments...all very interesting...i'm going to get in contact and see what happens....so fingers crossed....
thanks again walla for all ur help/info;)

VIKING9
1st May 2002, 07:53
pipergirl - there's always the risk that you might NOT want to be orange but take the more casual approach. Drop me a line with your CV cos there might be something very near to me at London Standstill.

I'll leave you to work out the rest http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/felix3.gif but he's a quiet cat !!!;)

Mr Angry from Purley
1st May 2002, 17:22
PiperGirl

Sorry, but if your know anything about Orange you know they don't go near STN and live in a Hut in LTN. Thats fairly obvious from the replies from Walla and Viking.
I apologise for being rude if you thought i was.
Good luck
:mad: :mad:

pipergirl
1st May 2002, 19:24
tis ok angry....
if anyone knows of any crewing jobs generally, can u drop me aline ....cheers;)

VIKING9
1st May 2002, 20:47
Pipergirl, check your e-mail :p

VESPA
2nd May 2002, 00:44
AIR 2 BOB ARE LOOKING FOR A CREWING OFFICER, SHOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED !!!!!

positive_rate
2nd May 2002, 12:33
Viking 9

I would also be interested in vacancies at Stand-still.

Can you drop me a line?

Cheers

Mr Positive

:cool:

JB007
4th May 2002, 17:24
Summer only (at the moment !!)

Drop me an email if your interested, previous experiance not necessary.

positive_rate
5th May 2002, 19:42
JB007

Cheers, check your e-mail!!

;)

Mr positive