PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 Initial Medical

Dragonlight
1st Apr 2013, 19:27
Hi all,

Just a quick as to see if anyone has ever used their Annual Aircrew Medical to save some costs in the Class 1 Initial?

I notice from the CAA's scheme of charges that its around £350 for the medical, I was just wondering if you take the medical notes for the Audiogram and ECG you might be able to save a few pounds. A long shot but I thought I'd ask.

Any help kindly appreciated.
Regards.

Prazum
1st Apr 2013, 20:28
I took my BUPA results from my medical class 2, the only thing the AME would accept is the cholesterol result. Everything else had to be re done. Saved a whole 13 quid

Flaps90
2nd Apr 2013, 06:33
You can take your ECG and Hearing Test data along with you. You'll still be charged the full price for the Class 1 but the relevant costs (about £100 from memory) will be reimbursed later if your tests are accepted. The tests need to be less than 90 days old and they also need to be signed and stamped by a CAA AME.

This is how it was in March last year, I don't know if anything has changed in the mean time.

Ticked all the boxes
2nd Apr 2013, 08:29
Yes you can save about £90. I took my ECG and hearing test results with me. Every little helps!

Dragonlight
2nd Apr 2013, 09:16
Thanks everyone thats really helpful.

Its good to know we can save a few bob!

Cheers.