PDA

View Full Version : EK Cost Cutting

marniplod
1st Apr 2013, 09:01
As a cost saving measure charges are being introduced for those visiting the training centre. I've heard it's effective from today as a salary deduction for everyone and is meant to cover the cost of coffee drunk in the galley areas near the simulators. Those new Lavazza coffee machines make great coffee but now we are going to be charged for it. The plan is to charge what's called a Flight Ops Obligatory Levy to all Capt and F/O's. I hadn't realised this but there is according to the performance development boys a feature on these machines to link them wirelessly to the intranet and monitor through a camera system in the fascia those indivduals who are spending too much time drinking coffee when they should be training. Someone who I spoke to in flight training said that as a concession there is a plan to introduce a swipe card to the machines to be installed in the next few weeks to allow your EPC cards to get a discount. There's some other stuff being added such as Palm Civet blend whatever that is. Sounds like the thin end of the wedge to me

Romulus
1st Apr 2013, 09:17
See!

The takeover is really Qantas over Emirates.

To be concluded with full integration of management methodologies this day next year. This is just day 1 of the program.

Mister Warning
1st Apr 2013, 09:21
April 1st boys and girls.....

marniplod
1st Apr 2013, 10:12
I kid you not the wireless linked Lavazza coffee machine has a pin option apparently that can be activated alongwith the swipecard feature to 'count the beans' and send this information to finance for DDS.....Direct Deduction of Salary. The entry on your payslips will be identified by 'Associated Payment Royalty Invoice Lavazza'. This is part of the Flight Ops Obligatory Levy referred to in the earlier post.

Lavazza machines coincidentally do have an Australian connection, given the Palm Civet orignated in the Northern Territories but was wiped out due to sexual abuse and now only exists in Indonesia.

TangoUniform
1st Apr 2013, 15:56
Just buy the Starbucks instant coffe packs and avail yourself of the hot water from the bottled water dispenser. Of course wate will be charged next. Do it anyway even if it is April 1st.

flap relief
2nd Apr 2013, 10:38
I love that clip I have to say!

For enlightenment on the other topic the Palm Civet is a mammal found in the tropics. It's called a civet cat but resembles a long tailed lemur??

The coffee inference which I'm sure you will find interesting is that the palm civet is a big fan of coffee beans! They swallow them whole in great numbers. Apparently certain elements of the population regard the flavour of the excreted version of the beans as quite a delight when espressed into a latte or a shot.

There is a small business catering to a niche market in Guangzhou that keep the animals feeding them beans and collecting their ****e.

This is fact!

Bottoms up....