PDA

View Full Version : Augsburg Airways to cease operations in Oct

EDDNHopper
30th Mar 2013, 11:37
With the imminent close-down of Augsburg Airways, anybody know who will take over their routes, if at all (LH/Germanwings, CityLine...)?

Can only wish good luck to the 500 employees.
7 Dash 8-400, 5 E195 (the latter to be transferred back to CityLine).
:sad: :ooh:

Augsburg Airways to be reportedly closed down by October 31 - ch-aviation.ch (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/portal/news/17664-augsburg-airways-to-be-reportedly-closed-down-by-october-31)

Clandestino
2nd May 2013, 15:21
Any idea where will Q400 go? What about Embraer pilots? Will they be taken on by LH Cityline?

lederhosen
2nd May 2013, 15:34
I gather some pilots are going to Condor. It is all pretty sad with the number of airlines that have disappeared here in Germany.

PAXboy
2nd May 2013, 18:04
I hope they all find new work but it is what human beings want - the lowest price for everything : whilst being paid the highest salary. Then there is the worst recession for 70 years that is closer to being a Depression.

Overall, it's called Capitalism but it's just human nature.

RoyHudd
2nd May 2013, 20:00
Surely Condor would not take Augsburg ex-pilots?

EDDNHopper
2nd Nov 2013, 20:16
Bye Bye Augsburg Airways - Fly-By, Low Pass and last Take Offs - YouTube

787luton
3rd Nov 2013, 20:17
What impact has the loss of aushurg routes had on Munich airports daily departures and routes ?:confused:

EDDNHopper
5th Nov 2013, 06:09
Virtually none (to my knowledge) as IQ had been servicing LH routes only which are now serviced by City Line and main line.

virginblue
5th Nov 2013, 10:12
From what I gather from various sources, some cockpit crew have been taken on by Turkish Airlines. Cabin crew mostly have moved to airberlin/LGW and Tyrolean.

Fleetwise, according to another website the Q400s have already been sold to Canada, 6 of them to Canada. The five E195 leased by Augsburg from Lufthansa are now operated by Cityline. No word on the two Augsburg-owned E190s so far.

As for the loss of capacity, Lufthansa can delay the retirement of further Cityline CRJ700s until more Eurowings CRJ900 can be released from the regional bases taken over by Germanwings. Germanwings will operate the Eurowings CRJ900 only for a transitional period and either upgrade routes to A319s or axe them (quite a few CRJ900 routes at DUS have already been axed). So the Eurowings CRJ900 will either have to find employment at FRA / MUC or leave the fleet.