PDA

View Full Version : More Cuts!

BlindWingy
27th Mar 2013, 20:16
BBC News - Ministers told to prepare for more cuts of up to 10% (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21961780)

STOP BUYING EQUIPMENT AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR PEOPLE!

smujsmith
27th Mar 2013, 20:36
All this whilst increasing the budget for Overseas aid, including India and Pakistan (both with Nuclear weapons and a Space Program). Syrian rebels, full of potential Al Quaida, and Brit Muslims likely to come back here and carry on where they left off. This country is going to hell in a handcart because the people we elect are chasing an agenda that is not conducive to the best interests of this country. It's about time we had a Government, who prioritise the needs of our country, not the rest of the world. Can we not find some "decent" politicians ?

Sorry all, rant over

Smudge

Bastardeux
27th Mar 2013, 20:45
Any rant against politicians is always welcome as far as I'm concerned, smudge!

I've made my feelings clear on this forum plenty of times! I'm genuinely putting serious thought into voting UKIP; if they produce a solid economic policy then it will be all but decision made.

Hubstrasse
27th Mar 2013, 20:47
:D didn't someone once say ' charity begins at home'? Perhaps perhaps we are too late.... bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted in .. or out - depending on your point of view.

Bastardeux
27th Mar 2013, 21:05
Unfortunately, hubstrasse, it looks like the appetite for spending other peoples' money (aggressively poorly) at home has been more than satisfied...

'Working is not worth it' Benefits mum rakes in £70,000 in welfare | UK | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/387308/Working-is-not-worth-it-Benefits-mum-rakes-in-70-000-in-welfare)

smujsmith
27th Mar 2013, 22:17
And, just to add insult to injury:

Can we have some MORE! Brussels accused of behaving like Oliver Twist with new demand for £1.4billion from Britain | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2300049/Can-MORE-Brussels-accused-behaving-like-Oliver-Twist-new-demand-1-4billion-Britain.html)

I suppose the whimpering gits in Wasteminster will be doffing caps, tugging forelocks and trying to justify paying this and still claiming they have reduced the European Budget. In the meantime:

Karl McCartney MP claims expenses watchdog incompetence forced him to borrow money from mum and dad - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/conservative-mps-expenses/9957325/Karl-McCartney-MP-claims-expenses-watchdog-incompetence-forced-him-to-borrow-money-from-mum-and-dad.html)

Is there no end to the greed and incompetence among these people ?

Smudge

Ronald Reagan
27th Mar 2013, 23:15
Nigel Farage and UKIP are the only hope for the future of this country. The other three between them are the reason we are in the current terrible situation!

Archimedes
28th Mar 2013, 00:07
If Nigel Farage is the only answer, the question is very, very strange indeed...

Bob Viking
28th Mar 2013, 01:41
Archimedes.
I am indicating no political persuasion whatsoever when I say that reply made me laugh. Bravo Squire.
BV

Biggus
28th Mar 2013, 11:16
Whilst I appreciate that the government must plan ahead, this is for the financial year 2015-2016, i.e. Apr 15 to Apr 16.

With the next general election due to take place in May 15, what makes the current lot think they will still be in power by then?

How does this effect SDSR review 2015 (assuming there is one - again it's a plan by the current lot)? Surely the review will now have to be about what we can achieve with the money available, as opposed to what we want to achieve and how much will that cost to implement? Then again, maybe that's what the last such review was... :(

Dysonsphere
28th Mar 2013, 12:12
Unfortunately, hubstrasse, it looks like the appetite for spending other peoples' money (aggressively poorly) at home has been more than satisfied...

'Working is not worth it' Benefits mum rakes in £70,000 in welfare | UK | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/387308/Working-is-not-worth-it-Benefits-mum-rakes-in-70-000-in-welfare)

Unfortunalty untill the goverment works out that you can be better off on benfits people will do the obivious, why work when you get paid more for doing nothing. However try being a single person on benfits, not so funny then £71 / week and if you happen to own you're own house as a result of working hard all youre life thats it. Any house repairs you pay youre self. And now you have to pay council tax as well thats a 6% cut in income where I live.

woptb
28th Mar 2013, 12:43
Despite enjoying a circulation of several million copies per day, it has been suggested that the actual "total effective readership quotient" is Nigel Farage.

“I've always been a Daily Mail reader. I prefer it to a newspaper”
~ Oscar Wilde on The Daily Mail.

“Ban this sick filth!”
~ The Daily Mail on Everything.

Typical Mail article may consist of :-

The homosexual, French, GYPSY, poor person was observed acting in a completely YOBBISH style by starving in the gutter and coughing up blood in a most UNCIVILISED manner while praying to CULT-leader Xenu. This all illustrates the continued DECLINE of Britain.
The British value system has fallen apart. Kick them out! Kick them all out!! And we're not talking about "the jams" either!!

Understand that when you see the word unemployed in a Daily Mail headline, expect the worst.
Often referred to as "Fascism with Oven Gloves on" The Daily Wail, also known variously as The Daily Hate, The Daily Heil, The Daily Bile, The Daily Hate Mail, The Fascist Manifesto, The Daily Maul and The Daily Fail is a hugely popular British comic for those who believe themselves (usually mistakenly) to be members of the middle classes.

A pair of rose-tinted spectacles must be worn to read articles in the Daily Mail, which describe how everything was great in the 1950s before the Islamic Conquest and the introduction of drugs, fat women, asylum seekers, paedophiles, Jonathan Ross, Russell Brand, the homeless, Brown people and the invention of sex made daily life intolerable for the conservative middle-class Chelsea tractor driving mums and retired army colonels that inhabit these sceptred isles.

Important note: -The Daily Mail often gives away free DVDs and is much cheaper than almost every other toilet paper.

Out Of Trim
28th Mar 2013, 13:17
If Nigel Farage is the only answer, the question is very, very strange indeed...

Strange but, TRUE!. :)

Heathrow Harry
28th Mar 2013, 13:33
Alan Sked - who actually founded UKIP- is on record as saying

""they are racist and have been infected by the far-right, UKIP is even less liberal than the (BNP). Certainly, there is a symbiosis between elements of the parties, and UKIP’s MEP's are a standing joke at Strasbourg, where their attendance record, even by the standards of most MEPs, is relatively poor and where, according to independent research by the European Studies centre at the LSE, they often vote in different ways on the same issue"

One of my relatives was on the far-right of the Tory party and joined UKIP but left after a couple of years saying there are some very odd, and very nasty, people in it

Roland Pulfrew
28th Mar 2013, 13:50
woptb

Nice rant! :rolleyes: But then again we could read those other paragons of virtue, The Sun, The Daily Express or (God forbid) The Daily Mirror!!

Now of course you might take the viewpoint that while the Mail has some slightly right-wing tendancies, (I don't like the Mirror's take on things either (obviously I've never read it, no, never :O)) there has to be some element of truth in their stories, otherwise they would constantly be being sued for defamation or slander (or is it libel?) and would have gone bust a long time ago.

The standards of journalism in the Telegraph, Times and Guardian aren't so hot either. Knowing the real facts of a particular situation and then comparing them to what was written exposes a lack of accuracy even in the "quality papers". They may not write in quite such a sensational fashion but I can guarantee that they aren't so accurate either.

Bastardeux
28th Mar 2013, 14:18
woptb, I agree with you, but how much can a story of the EU asking for more money actually be fabricated?...it can't.

HH, I dare say there are some people not too far off that mark in the extremes of the Tories and Labour.

glad rag
28th Mar 2013, 15:26
http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/04/24/f35b_hover_pit_small.jpg

Bye, bye :}

woptb
28th Mar 2013, 16:31
Roland you're right,just happens 'The Daily Heil' is number one in my most dispicable newspaper chart.

CoffmanStarter
28th Mar 2013, 16:34
GR ... That's what happens when you "overnight" at Liverpool Airport :E

Willard Whyte
2nd Apr 2013, 18:58

If the question to which 'Nigel Farage' was the answer had been asked a few years ago the asker would have been shot for treason.

The question, and answer, are equally valid and sensible in this day and age.

As for DM vs. OW, I'll take a (so-called) racist tabloid over a bum bandit any day of the week.

cuefaye
2nd Apr 2013, 19:04
----- Lost me!