PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning or In House???

Captain-Ireland
19th Apr 2001, 17:29
I would like to hear some peoples opinion of either Distance Learning or In House learning. Like is it difficult to understand the topics without some one there to explain them to you.

I come from a Maths and Physics A-Level background and have completed a BEng (Hons) degree in Software Engineering.

I will most likely choose OATS for ATPL g/s either way just because i hear they have a good reputation for ground school. Plus I think it would be benificial to the CV to say you are an OATS student.... Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks Happy Flying.

EggBeta
20th Apr 2001, 02:08
I got thru 20 modules of distance learning then decided to go to OATS full time, I start on the 20th August.
Essentially have the same academic background as you, my problem was that I was working full time as a director of mfg, plus I have a young family, just couldn't devote the time to it.
I would say, if you have a less than demanding job, with no young kids and are dedicated to passing then you should pass OK. There are some subjects which are slightly more tricky than others but the tutors at OATS are pretty good.