PDA

View Full Version : US Army and Potential First Strike Capability

SASless
26th Mar 2013, 14:40
Seems there is a new First Strike being considered by the US Army.

First Enlisted Service Members Union Approved by Army, Strike Imminent | The Duffel Blog (http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/03/first-enlisted-service-members-union-approved-by-army-strike-imminent/)

The Helpful Stacker
26th Mar 2013, 14:54
Quick question. Do you post these up hoping to get "dumb yanks" responses from quickfire Brits who don't realise your source is a spoof site, to which you can retort "its a spoof" or some such?

It is a funny site and all, just wondering why you post them?

Lonewolf_50
26th Mar 2013, 15:08
Darn, I thought you had uncovered an extended range ATACMS. :p

SASless
26th Mar 2013, 17:26
I simply thought a good laugh can be had by all of us......and the notion of a Unionized Army is not all that far fetched is it? Are not some of the European Armies "Organized"?

Pontius Navigator
26th Mar 2013, 17:52
SASLess, yes, which is why Tacevals could not start before 0800 Monday and had to end by 1600 Friday including the debrief.

Usually 0800 Monday was too early as the staffs would have had to travel out of hours. Similarly they expected to be home by Friday.

In some instances, with holidays at either end of the week that could limit the Taceval to a Wednesday.

Seriously, on a committee I served on two RDAF WOs would stay over until the Monday morning. They could travel on Apex flights but could not fly Sunday as that was an off-day. On our last meeting I asked one of the WO why he was flying back late Friday. It seemed he was on the point of retiring and could not spare the time :)