PDA

View Full Version : Airline cadet intakes

Willestone
26th Mar 2013, 11:57
Hi guys & gals!

I have been looking all over for a airline sponsorship scheme for month and months now but have had no luck and i am also coming to wonder if my education standards are too low to get into any at all. I have UK qualifications and from school i received 7 GCSE's graded between C-B and i then went on further to get 3 A-levels at grades ACD.
Firstly I am wondering if this is enough to get on board airlines to start with and secondly i would like to know if there are any tips people can give on where to look to find a airline sponsorship scheme so that i can begin my training to become a airline pilot.

VH-UFO
26th Mar 2013, 12:10
And let the games begin!

MCDU2
26th Mar 2013, 12:24
My advice is to go make a cup of tea. Then sit down for the next week and read all of the stickies that are at the top these forums. On the off chance that you have a specific question that hasn't been answered then come back and post it.

Also read the terms and endearment section. Many wannabes allow the marketing hype and gloss associated with this industry to dominate. The reality is very different. Read up on salary levels, terms and conditions and who the few employers are that will take on a 250hr wonder kid straight from flight school.

Enjoy.