PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Europe?

TheFirstDohrnPilot
26th Mar 2013, 11:29
Hi all.

I know I said I was going to visit Stapleford - and I might still - but to be honest I'm a bit all over the place at the moment! I can't decide where to go! Florida, Europe, Britain... Weather, price, accomm., instructors, reviews, etc etc etc all have to be considered... It's all up in the air at the moment haha

SO.... I searched on Google and PPRuNe, but couldn't find anything, but has anyone heard of "Pilot Training Europe"? I don't know if I can put a link to their website here... I can PM someone if they want. It looks OK, but their website doesn't offer too much detail. I have written to them so maybe they can help.

Has anyone been there or can vouch for them?

EFT, SFC, PTE... oh man :rolleyes:

Thanks

michaelmedley
26th Mar 2013, 11:36
Take a second. Breathe in, breathe out.

What are you actually talking about? EFT in Florida or FTE in Jerez?

TheFirstDohrnPilot
26th Mar 2013, 13:00
Neither! hahaha

I was wondering if anybody can tell me something about Flight Training Europe. Not the Jerez one. They one's I'm talking about have schools in Spain and Austria I think...
Let me PM you the link :)

TheFirstDohrnPilot
26th Mar 2013, 13:04
Sorry, it's Pilot Training Europe, I edited my OP.

riverrock83
26th Mar 2013, 13:33
These guys:
Pilot Training Europe: Wer wir sind (http://www.pilot-training-europe.com) ?
I hope that their flight training is better than their website - seems that English isn't the first language of the person who designed the website, with German sprinkling though and problems with capital letters all over the place...

I'd be worried about going to them if I didn't understand German.

TheFirstDohrnPilot
26th Mar 2013, 13:39
Yep - that's them! And I thought the same thing riverrock. Fortunately, German is my second language.

But if they can't make a decent website and put a bit of effort into it, then I would still be dubious...

negus
26th Mar 2013, 14:23
Why don't you try South Africa? The exchange rate is favorable and there are plenty of good schools there. Weather conditions are much better than Europe.

captain.weird
26th Mar 2013, 14:44
South Africa? Can you give any tips or so? Is there a flight school where you can obtain a JAA CPL?

P40Warhawk
26th Mar 2013, 14:50
Hi,

Well once I started my training in Austria. I can tell you. It was terrible. The average English Skills and Organisation Skills are very low. Better look to German schools if German is your second language. Such as Intercockpit, RWL, Flight Crew Academy etc.

As you can understand from my things I said in the first sentence , I stopped in Austria and started all over again in Lithuania. Till now I am very happy that I made that choice.
I went to Baltic Aviation Academy. Very professional school and owned by Avia Solutions Group, which has also a big TRTO in 22 types of aircraft.
Everything is very modern in this school. We use Bristol Ground School for ATPL theory training. New Technam P2002JF's, Leased young Cessna 172 with Full Glass Cockpit, Technam P2006 ME leased, and brand new IR Sim, which we can use to train for 172 and P2006.
Instructors are also great and very willing to help.

If you have more questions. Just tell me.

And ow, the price is also reasonable .

TheFirstDohrnPilot
26th Mar 2013, 17:23
I appreciate all your suggestions, but I always get side-tracked and this time I would actually like to get info on what I need. So, like I said thanks for all your help, but does anyone know anything about Pilot Training Europe?
Too many times have my threads turned into discussions and arguments between people! haha

Thanks!

sangennar
2nd Sep 2015, 21:40
Could you tell us if you are talking about the aviation academy austria?