PDA

View Full Version : Non type rated easyjet recruitment?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

locustflyer
25th Mar 2013, 12:03
Came across this on flight global, newly out today. Could this be the long awaited break non type rated pilots are looking for to progress their careers in the UK?

First Officers with easyJet | 1401360554 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401360554/first-officers-/)

TriBeCa
25th Mar 2013, 12:24
..and when you click on the link to the easyjet website, in glorious orange you have:

We may be recruiting pilots in the future, please keep an eye on this website for future opportunities.

Looks like it's just same old same old

EcamSurprise
25th Mar 2013, 12:25
The applications are on the career section, you need to search for pilots.

locustflyer
25th Mar 2013, 13:23
Copied and pasted from easyjet careers

Requirements of the Role

Please only apply if you have the following minimum requirements:

· ATPL (Frozen)
· Minimum 1500 TT Hours
· Minimum 500 hrs. 5700kgs Multi-Crew & Turbine experience
· Right to Live and Work in Europe
· Airline environment experience
· UK EASA license (or converted by start date)
· Class 1 unrestricted medical
· Willing to self-sponsor type rating

On completion and submission of your application, we will contact you outlining the next steps of the process as soon as possible.

Next steps involve the completion of online tests and a personality profile, followed by invitation to an assessment centre and sim assessment for successful applicants.

Desk-pilot
25th Mar 2013, 13:26
I'm a bit confused - I've followed the link which eventually ends up at an Easyjet pilot careers page which seems to list 4 methods of entry on the bottom right:

CTC Flexi
CTC Aviation
OATS
Parc

The first three are mentored pilot schemes, the Parc link goes to Parc aviation website where the only Easyjet vacancy I can see requires 500hrs on type.

Am I missing something? Just like to say I hope it's true and that they are now going to start hiring experienced F/O's again.

EcamSurprise
25th Mar 2013, 13:27
https://easyjet.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en&searchExpanded=true&radius=1&jobfield=8170751484&radiusType=K

Instead of Cabin Crew, select PILOTS.

Anonystude
25th Mar 2013, 13:31
Minimum 500 hrs. 5700kgs Multi-Crew & Turbine experience

This isn't that clear -- I presume the intent is at least 500 hrs on an aircraft that meets all three requirements (i.e. it's over 5.7T, multi-crew and turbine) rather than a total of 500 hrs which can be on aircraft that are either >5.7T, or multi-crew, or turbine?

Direct DIKRO
25th Mar 2013, 13:57
Certainly an interesting opportunity, it seems to be an SSP DEP.

Does anyone know pay scales and how much do they charge for a rating?

locustflyer
25th Mar 2013, 13:59
Here is the link. Just change display to '100 jobs' and scroll down and you will see it.

https://easyjet.taleo.net/careersection/2/joblist.ftl

Squealing Pig
25th Mar 2013, 19:58
To help us better know you and further assess your qualifications for this position, please answer the following questions as accurately as possible.
1. Do you have an ATPL (A) (frozen)?
Yes
No
2. Do you have an ATPL (frozen)?
Yes
No

So How do you answer this?

McBruce
25th Mar 2013, 20:51
Willing to self sponsor TR..... Haha good one.

So what exactly does BALPA do for EZY?

Serenity
25th Mar 2013, 21:16
Think pay will be in the 20's from what I hear.

EcamSurprise
25th Mar 2013, 21:18
It will be existing FO / SFO pay but on a 75% / 90% / 100 % basis depending on what you get.

Dct_Mopas
25th Mar 2013, 22:48
Willing to self sponsor TR..... Haha good one.

So what exactly does BALPA do for EZY?

For many years before flexicrew was invented non type rated pilots were able to enter EZY under a self sponsored TR. This is simply a resumption of that process (albeit on a B scale contract).

It's not as if EZY will have a problem filling courses using an SSR scheme. In fact it will be massively oversubscribed, so why would they offer anything else?

hobnobanyone
25th Mar 2013, 23:08
The question that I have about all this is: what exactly does this B-scale pasy deal amount to?

I've googled around and been looking into it and all I could see what a few BALPA references to it, and that the FOs will only have £1000 to live on after loan repayments? Would anybody out there be able to refer me to the actual information?

Obviously, a lot depends on the contract on offer - and to take a pay cut from where I am now, to go to a base that isn't where I currently am, is a bit of a significant downside and would force the hand on any issue at all.

If the pay was in the 20s, then it would be a no-goer.

Panther1984
25th Mar 2013, 23:18
Besides the whole pay issue the main question that comes to mind is this. Why are Easyjet asking for people with 1500+ hours when in the past it's been a lot less, circa 200 hours etc?

EcamSurprise
25th Mar 2013, 23:21
I posted this above, here you go again.

It will be existing FO / SFO pay but on a 75% / 90% / 100 % basis depending on what you get.
If you don't get the "higher level" which is biddable, you would be on a 75% contract.

Pension, 10% perf bonus after 2 years etc etc.

hobnobanyone
25th Mar 2013, 23:28
Very many thanks Ecam - I must apologise but I didn't actually see your post when I read through the thread (blame a rather large curry and a couple of beers!).

Viking101
25th Mar 2013, 23:31
I remember the days of TRSS.

That was a good and fair scheme.

Great news for the business

Superpilot
26th Mar 2013, 06:06
If true, this could be a sign that not enough type rated guys are signing up to FlexiCrew so what other way to ensure a continous stream of pilots ready to snap up zero hour contracts? By finally offering the most marginalised group of pilots in the industry the opportunity. The irony of it all.....

First.officer
26th Mar 2013, 06:56
Well, on face value it appears that EZY have realised that they have a gap looming in respect of the fact that there are not enough suitably experienced RHS guys/gals ready and able to move to the LHS - and they are recruiting accordingly to allow time to train and move suitably experienced crew LHS to meet future projected requirements in due course. Good to see - expect a few other airlines to slowly follow suit over the next year or two - other than the irish one of course, who consistently plumb the depths lol.

F/o

99jolegg
26th Mar 2013, 09:56
Besides the whole pay issue the main question that comes to mind is this. Why are Easyjet asking for people with 1500+ hours when in the past it's been a lot less, circa 200 hours etc?

Three reasons probably.
1) Rumour has it the insurers are getting a bit nervous about the experience level.
2) Cost was a big issue. eJ could bypass the old "expensive" contract with flexicrew - they got ultimate flexibility and low crew cost in the RHS compared to less flexibility on a 5354 pattern and a high fixed cost. Now with the new contract, they have the best of both worlds; they can manage seasonality by measuring the amount of copilots they have on 5354 for a lot less money, 100% FRV and 75% FRV. Now cost is sorted, there's no reason not to employ more experienced crew.
3) With the end of the recession and the start of some significant growth in the next 3-5 years, attrition is likely to rise, which will more than likely lead to a significant loss of crew. Remember a lot of the FO community at eJ are early/mid/late twenties so are more likely to leave for the likes of BA / Emirates which is a bit more career orientated. There is also a large bubble of copilots that joined with 200hrs 2-3 years ago. It leaves a bit of an experience gap for commands in 3 years or so. Getting a variety of crew with more hours balances that a bit.

If true, this could be a sign that not enough type rated guys are signing up to FlexiCrew so what other way to ensure a continous stream of pilots ready to snap up zero hour contracts?

I don't think there has been a lack of cadets signing up to eJ. I think the real shift has been because of the death of the A scale FO contract. With a cheaper contract, they can afford to take on more experience without having to pay extra for it.

I'm Off!
26th Mar 2013, 10:01
I think the real shift has been because of the death of the A scale FO contract. With a cheaper contract, they can afford to take on more experience without having to pay extra for it.

Only if experienced people are willing to accept that dip in terms & conditions...

99jolegg
26th Mar 2013, 10:04
You think they won't? I would put very large amounts of money (borrowed from Carolyn's bonus, naturally) on them taking it.

Serenity
26th Mar 2013, 10:07
Just because Easyjet are looking to allow people to join if they pay for their own type rating and sign to a lower payscale, is not a good thing to jump about.

If they were serious about recruitment and their employees, then they would offer proper contracts and recruitment, just like Monarch, Virgin, BA.

One of the reasons they are short is because so many f/o's have left for better security and conditions at other employers recently.

Love_joy
26th Mar 2013, 10:16
Like many others I've been listening to all the EZ rumours with intent.

I've heard some of this is due to falling experience levels in both seats, and an interest in the matter from some of the ruling authorities.

Is there any truth in this? Or is it simply the turning of a new leaf? Either way, it's starting to look promising.

nick14
26th Mar 2013, 10:21
Charging experienced pilots for a type rating and not even offering full time to them all...... How is that promising!?

Finals19
26th Mar 2013, 10:46
Some quick fag packet (make that a v used fag packet) maths:

75% of EJ contract FO payscale (source: PPJN) = £31,714 basic
Sector pay monthly (75%) (roughly 15 days @ 16.89 sector *4)
= £1013.4 * 12 = £12,160

Grand total (pre-tax) £43,874
Post tax (via PAYE online tax calculator, tax on 70% of total sector pay)
= £33462 / 12 = £2788 monthly

Two main issues(?) - 1) this is initially a contract position 2) The TR (see CTC website) will end up costing just shy of £20K once VAT is added.

For many guys looking at this (perhaps in current flying employment elsewhere) unless they have £20K lying around, once you have covered the monthly re-payments on any loan required, you're going to be down on your money from what you're earning in your current position.....

Quite the gamble unless its a perm position at >75% working?

(NB: Pls feel free to revise above data if there is more valid stuff out there!)

flyhigh2fly
26th Mar 2013, 11:16
You should have a look at Flybe Turboprop/Ejet payscale dear friends! You are still going to be better off after paying a TR with Easyjet. The main thing is job security, which now days is priority no 1.

Leo45
26th Mar 2013, 11:20
Agree flyhigh2fly, job security is indeed the number 1 priority!

Polorutz
26th Mar 2013, 11:30
I fly for easyJet.

This recruitment is to replace FO's due to attrition and to cover the expansion forecast from now until 2014.

We are looking for 200 FO's with this drive and the target is summer 2014 operation.

They are forecasting 50 commands for this year and possibly 100 for the next so that's 3 quarters of the required allotment, the other 50 is probably attrition.

As for experience levels lowering across all seats, it was true to an extent in the RHS with guys coming from CTC and PARC with the minimum 250 hours. In the LHS however the time to command has risen considerably so the guys getting upgraded now have more experience on type than their counterparts had 5 or so years ago when they upgraded.

vrb03kt
26th Mar 2013, 11:48
Based on the figures Finals19 has worked out I don't think this is financially a good move for a flybe dash or jet FO, given that you have to pay for the type rating. Consider that in order to have the hours to apply for this you will probably be a Year 3 FO - if on the jet you will be earning the same as that Easy wage. Most folks on the jet are well beyond paypoint 3. If on the dash it wouldn't be too dissimilar once you factor in TR repayments.

£350 for the privilege of an interview?! They've got exploiting newbies pretty sewn up, now it's the turn of those with a little bit of experience.

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 12:13
I doubt they charge for an interview, they never did for flexi.

vrb03kt
26th Mar 2013, 12:34
I'd hope not, nevertheless the figure (+vat) comes from the CTC website for a self funded A320 TR.

Narrow Runway
26th Mar 2013, 12:47
With any luck, the company, CTC, won't get a look in.

WHYEYEMAN
26th Mar 2013, 13:39
If they were serious about recruitment and their employees, then they would offer proper contracts and recruitment, just like Monarch, Virgin, BA.

Is that the same Monarch that nearly went under a couple of years ago / the same Virgin that lost £80m last year / the same BA that's part of IAG that lost nearly £1bn last year?

Easyjet don't pay a penny more for pilots, or anything else for that matter, than they absolutely have to. It's called supply and demand and the management are ALL over it.

The Flying Cokeman
26th Mar 2013, 14:13
VRB03,

It might be a good move if Flybe is no longer around in a year's time!?

McBruce
26th Mar 2013, 14:22
If the position was bonded and no B scale salary (what ever that is), Yes it would be a good deal to consider.

EZY want experienced crews and I'm in RYR who would consider applying but the deal on the table is quite frankly pathetic with the requirement to pay for type. I'm not interested in spending 20k on a type rating for a job on a piss poor scale and potentially 75% as well. What sort of experience are they after because not many In the jet world would look at this unless they're stuck in timbucktu for crazy airways.

How others think this is good deal is beyond me. It will attract the TP guys who are desperate to get out and that's about it I think.

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 14:22
easyJets salaries do vary greatly.

Some of the European ones have to the up with the best paying contracts around at the moment, certainly for SFOs.

99jolegg
26th Mar 2013, 14:23
Someone worked out some figures a few posts back. From the document eJ released, you can expect less than that on 75%...roughly £39000 before tax inc sector pay. Plus about £2300 in pension.

WHYEYEMAN
26th Mar 2013, 14:30
Rex - I wasn't specifically talking about TR costs. I'm trying to make a general point that if ANY cost is optional, Easyjet won't pay it. Whether it's right or wrong is neither here nor there. It's the way the business is run. It would appear to be a successful strategy.

PS yes the BA/IAG point was disingenuous.

spider_man
26th Mar 2013, 15:33
20K for a ZFT type rating seems a lot. CTC cadets only pay 10K? Is this actually permanent employment on offer or a 2 year contract?

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 15:44
It is a easyJet contract.

No one official has said 20k..

go around flaps15
26th Mar 2013, 15:53
Is the type rating pay up front a definite, or is there the possibility for bonding or salary deduction etc.

Is there any chance of 100 percent contract or is it definitely flexi?

IF its flexi or pay up front for type rating I have zero interest.

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 16:03
This recruitment is NOT for flexi.
Yes it will be most likely 75% to start with, but you're in the company.
It is NOT pay per hour.

It is for a permanent position within easyJet, and if you're based within the UK you will be on whats called a New Entrant Contract.

As outlined before, usual stuff like pensions, sector pay, holiday pay, expenses, sick pay and a annual performance bonus of 10% after 2 years (if targets met).
Access to command / transfer lists after 6 months.

Pay is original pay scales but offered on
75% random roster basis and then you can bid for a 90% pay 5453 pattern or 100% pay random roster pattern.

There all be wrap around days off and guaranteed days off for those on random roster.

This 20k for a TR thing is only from what someone read on the CTC website.
This will be easyJet and you'll need to ask them how much it will cost and how you're going to pay for it..

It's amazing how some people just don't read the thread :ugh:

UAU242
26th Mar 2013, 20:37
Does anyone have any idea how long the application may be open for? I'm just shy of 1500 hours and far far from home!

littco
26th Mar 2013, 21:59
Closes 10th April

What I find interesting is up till now most companies have only asked for type rated pilots, knowing they will get numerous applications to choose from. This seems to indicate quite clearly they do not feel they will get all their requirement from rated applicants, and if they are loosing to attrition why would they fill them with other rated people?!

I'm sure they could fill the spots with 200hr guys but then you have a big fill of the same experienced people with no one to move to rhs in 2-3 years time..

Similarly I don't believe there the number of non type rated people around who have 500hrs multi over 5700kg that either are not already employed or could afford the c£20k needed for the rating... And those that do have the hours but not the rating are probably year 2-3 at somewhere like flybe who'll be on similar money probably already servicing huge debts from their training and couldn't pay the 20k anyway...

I actually think its quite a promising sign that things are finally on the move.

Breakthesilence
26th Mar 2013, 22:25
Would you effort the 20K expense if you hold more than 4000 hours on boeing jet but in a small airline facing financial troubles?

Obviously, I'm looking for other places with the type I'm currently flying but Easyjet is a great company and the attraction is really hard to avoid.

littco
26th Mar 2013, 22:49
What I don't understand is why when they have flexi crew don't they make them permanent or is that what they plan but just on a lower contract rate?! But then why ask for non rated people?

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 22:54
They just offered all flexi crew, who meet the 2 year criteria, permanent contracts on the NEC deal, but some have turned it down as they earn more as flexi.

I think there is a need to even up the experience levels somewhat, as there is quite a big split at the moment. This allows easy to have the flexibility they require with higher experience levels.. hence the advertising for future captains I imagine.

Don't forget easyJet doesn't run on seniority and 6 months from getting your foot in the door you could start on the command process I believe.

EcamSurprise
26th Mar 2013, 23:01
My understanding is that this will NOT be a flexi contract, as the NEC is available to 2 year flexi crewers.

I imagine that if they offer fixed term it might be a seasonal contract, as other airlines have done, leading to a more permanent contract after a season or so.

We have been told as much as the advert says,
this will be recruitment for entering a hold pool for summer 2014.
Once the numbers have been finalised, offers would be made.
They estimate there will be 200 positions.

HF13
26th Mar 2013, 23:11
Anyone knows why trough the application steps it asks these 2 questions:

1 do you have an ATPL (A) (frozen) ?

2 do you have an ATPL (frozen) ?

It seems a double question unless with the second one intend helicopter chaps.
By the way as I have a full ATPL I tried to reply to both questions NO and my application was suddenly interrupted because I didn't have the required criteria!!!

Any clues???

Bigbus330
27th Mar 2013, 09:14
Poorly worded question, probably written by a clerk/secretary who has no knowledge or interest in aviation. Probably great at HR and fluffy stuff though :rolleyes:

Take it to read 'as a minimum', or your application will be ended prematurely at this point.

Alexander de Meerkat
27th Mar 2013, 10:11
I have worded at easyJet for many years and can only recommend this scheme to would-be applicants. This is the first time for at least 5 years that we have recruited experienced pilots instead of endless 155 hour cadets. As others have pointed out, we could fill nearly our entire requirement from any of the following groups: low-houred cadets, type-rated Airbus pilots, non-rated turbine pilots, ex-mil pilots, current flying instructors etc. The fact we are not choosing to do so does not reflect upon those we have recruited, but does reflect our new flight ops team's desire to have a more rounded recruitment strategy. The plan has been widely welcomed by the majority of current easyJet pilots, who have ben calling for this change for many years. Like all these things, there will be winners and losers. The biggest losers are likely to be low-houred, straight from training, young cadets who are now going to find themselves at the back of a queue headed by some much more experienced pilots. I would have to say that is what it should have been years ago, and I welcome the change. That does not mean I do not value our cadets - it does mean that I welcome a wider recruitment policy.

brakedwell
27th Mar 2013, 10:31
1 do you have an ATPL (A) (frozen) ? Aeroplane ?

2 do you have an ATPL (frozen) ? Helicopter ?

ROSCO328
27th Mar 2013, 10:35
I think a lot of guys/gals at Flybe and likes are prob wondering how safe their current jobs are and should they jump now or join a very long Q if or when their current outfit goes pop!.

FlyingTinCans
27th Mar 2013, 10:44
This recruitment is for summer 2014. If Flybe is gonna go 'pop' it will do so before then anyway, if it is still around their turnaround plan would have worked

HF13
27th Mar 2013, 10:56
Thanks Bigbus

That is exactly what I did:)

Finals19
27th Mar 2013, 11:02
If you current company was truly on the precipice of administration you may be tempted, but anything less would make it a difficult decision - forking out significant cash for a type rating for an (initial) seasonal contract....

I would think a fair few peeps who are in current flying employment may consider the TR cost prohibitive (and the deal in its current form)...but then again that's just an opinion. To redress the balance, I can also see potential long term benefits if luck goes your way.

Narrow Runway
27th Mar 2013, 11:22
I think it boils down to this:

easyJet seems a very secure, relatively well run airline.

If you are currently concerned about your future and want to have security and a good rating, then the gamble may be on.

If you're not bothered about either of those, or are less concerned than that, I doubt you'd bother.

But....you only have a decision to make once you get offered a job and start date. It seems these jobs are for 12 months time, so what is not to like? Apply and see how you get on. Don't over analyse the situation is my advice.

gorter
27th Mar 2013, 11:57
Exactly my thoughts NR. I'm in a secure job with a financially stable employer. However, I would like to move on. Time to command has recently taken a big hit, we're not the best paid around and I believe easy to be a good long term prospect. I've put in an application as a punt.

However if I don't like what I'm offered, then I'm in a position to stay where I am.

Superpilot
27th Mar 2013, 12:53
So what does this mean for PARC?

737Jock
27th Mar 2013, 13:44
Gorter if you are looking for a quick command don't come to easyJet. Currently time to command is already over 6 years (for cadets that started 6 years ago) and that is only going to increase. I suspect the present command list is enough for the next 3 years.
Obviously with experience you will need to do at least 2 good recurrent sims (1 year) with easyJet before you are allowed to start the command process. And that list is even longer then the command list. During that year obviously more people will join the list ahead of you. Which will go a lot faster as well since people can now apply to start command process at 2000hrs factored instead of 2500 (plus 2 good sims).
The command system has changed so that unsuccesful candidates are no longer kicked back to the back of the queue, but get frozen in their position. So there is less fallout that could expidite your move up the list.

All in all, I wouldn't expect an experienced DESFO to get a shot at command before 4-5 years from joining.

Wingswinger
27th Mar 2013, 14:51
All in all, I wouldn't expect an experienced DESFO to get a shot at command before 4-5 years from joining.

Looked at from an industry-wide historical perspective that's still very good. Besides, there are a lot of FO/SFO who will in no way be ready for command after 3000hrs or so. Come on in, the water's (still) warm.

hamilton
27th Mar 2013, 17:42
Ciao to everybody,

may be some insider has idea about the following.....(i have one:(,but never say never).....i have been in the holding pool from july 2008...now obviously not valid anymore...any remote chance to revive that position somehow??
thanks a lot.

Falck
27th Mar 2013, 19:16
Hi Hamilton,

I know one other guy as well from the old holding pool.
Awaiting an offer of employment. Than the recession was there followed
by the flexi cadets joining EasyJet.

Do you have some old previous EasyJet E-mails from back than?
Otherwise, E-mail again to your HR EasyJet contact?Perhaps you can find
more fellow pilots from the old holding pool. And speak up as a group.
EasyJet and you invested some time and money for your assessment.

Good luck

wind check
27th Mar 2013, 20:20
I doubt they will be interested in you guys. Your selection was cancelled, this means that your file was destroyed and you will need to re-apply.
5 years is a such a long time. The company knows how you were 5 years ago, they will need to see how you are now.

hobnobanyone
27th Mar 2013, 23:48
Ok, this is throwing up a good few questions in my mind. I don't think anyone would be able to advise me though as I don't think anyone knows what the answers are yet!

The main one I have though is that the advert states "fixed term contracts". So is this just going to be a 6 month seasonal thing with a chance of being kept on at the end? Obviously, no matter how shaky the ground is in the current place, I do not want to get involved in anything that would move me to a more risky position 6 months down the line. If this is the case, is it akin to the deal that you're kept on, if your performance is satisfactory?

I'll double read through this thread in a bit to see if the answer is out there already, but my main reservation as an experienced pilot is that I could be potentially shooting myself in the financial foot with no guarantees on longevity of the job.

vrb03kt
27th Mar 2013, 23:49
We’ll be offering fixed term contracts, direct employment opportunities and have a new UK contract proposition that leads to permanent employment opportunities.

Above quoted directly from easyJet website.

Hopefully there will be some clarification forthcoming from easyJet on this statement as to what will actually be on offer. I want to believe that this will be an excellent opportunity, however, I don't think that I personally would be giving up a full-time permanent job (especially if self-sponsoring a TR) for only a fixed term contract. Unless of course, as someone stated above, my company was on the "precipice of administration".

It strikes me that companies want pilots to make safe, sensible decisions based on assessing risk (or Threats these days) and act accordingly. Yet in your first move with eJ you could be expected to wager the expense of a TR and giving up your existing job on the prospect of a fixed term contract. Undeniably it is good that this is not a flexicrew contract and undeniably eJ are a very strong and secure company. However it still appears to me (based on what I have read on the website) as excessive financial risk-taking for anyone in full-time employment already. I do wonder just how many pilots will be willing to accept this deal in its current apparent form.

hobnobanyone
27th Mar 2013, 23:50
Vrb03 - great minds think alike!

Alexander de Meerkat
28th Mar 2013, 05:33
I am a big easyJet fan and have worked there many years. The New Entrant Contract, however, is a shambles and has caused nothing but trouble. Indeed, it may yet lead to a strike at easyJet. My hope is that the Company are going to look long and hard at the implications of this imposed contract and return to the table with a credible plan to get out of the mess.

Nonetheless, there are a few points worth making here for those thinking of coming to easyJet as there is some ill-informed disinformation on this thread that needs to be corrected. Both our CEO and Head of Flight Operations, who is the driving force behind our latest recruitment campaign, are absolutely adamant that these are permanent contracts that WILL, not may, result in full-time employment by easyJet as regular employees after 2 years probation (ie on flexicrew). Therefore, subject to satisfactory performance as is the case with every airline on the planet, you will be given a permanent contract. Clearly this begs the question as to why we are having the first two years administered by a company like Parc Aviation, who in my view have no place at easyJet. I cannot give a satisfactory answer to that, but I can say 'watch this space'. There is a lot likely to change in the coming days, and it can only be for the better. Once BALPA and our management actually get round a table again I am hopeful of a proper thrashing out of some of the problems. The key change likely to happen is that all the selection will be done at the beginning rather than after 2 years and it will just be the Base Captain that signs off your permanent contract. That means if you have turned up to work when you should, not drawn unhealthy attention to yourself on your sim checks and not been a berk you will be permanently employed as a matter of course. This therefore is not a risk and you should not fear not being employed as a permanent employee of easyJet at the end of two years - you will be. I hope that helps.

Narrow Runway
28th Mar 2013, 08:08
Like Alexander de Meerkat, I work for a large company. Not an airline, but in the FTSE100. I am in the aviation division.

I would still urge people to apply to easyJet if you even have a glimmer of interest, because you don't have a decision to make until you are offered a position. These jobs are for a year away remember.

The only problem I have is that a 2 year probation period is an unacceptably long period.

It would be good if that could be reduced to a rather more normal 6, or at a push, 12 month period IMHO.

go around flaps15
28th Mar 2013, 11:40
Absolutely hit the nail on the head. To get quality experienced guys that are in "relatively" stable employment they are going to have to offer something that makes sense. A two year flexi deal certainly does not.

EcamSurprise
28th Mar 2013, 14:32
ADM, where are you getting the 2 year flexi bit from?

It wasn't in any of the internal comms I have seen and this is recruitment for a contract with easyJet - whether it is fixed term or not, it appears to be an easyJet contract.

I think you are confusing the issues here.

In the cabin crew world within easyJet a fixed term contract was one for X months but it WAS an easyJet contract and not an agency.
If this was flexi crew recruitment, I believe they would be following their usual and on goings paths with Parc / CTC adverts.

Alexander de Meerkat
28th Mar 2013, 16:19
ECAM Surprise - I hope you are right that we are only going to offering 'permanent' jobs. You have to think, however, what our current flexicrew are going to think if a whole lot of new pilots come straight in on permanent conditions (which I hope they do), but they still have to remain flexicrew. At this juncture I am not convinced that the pilots we will be taking are going to be employed directly by easyJet for the first two years, although I stand to be corrected. A significant proportion of our current flexicrew guys are pilots with many thousands of hours on the Airbus, so they are not just 155 hour cadets. I may stand to be corrected but as I understand it these will be on flexicrew (or whatever name they give it) terms. Regarding the probationary period, I tend to agree that 2 years is too long, but that is effectively what it is. I would have to say that the airline industry is not the same as other FTSE 100 companies and that effectively every 6 months you have a 'title defence' in the simulator anyway.

Finally, people here are saying they would not apply here without the necessary assurances. That is of course one point of view, but I can tell you that easyJet are literally being swamped by applications already from pilots willing to do anything to come and work for us. Therefore easyJet have no concerns about not picking up the right people - they are anticipating literally thousands of applications from fully qualified (i.e. Frozen ATPL, Current IR, 1500 hrs+, 500 multi-crew etc) pilots who want to come here. So if you do not like what you see, that is absolutely fine, but there are many who disagree with you.

Piloto2011
28th Mar 2013, 16:27
Anyone thought about eJ just trying first to get a feel for what's out there? Remember, still a long way to go. It's only hold pool for now.

If it's the heavy TP and, perhaps, RYR drivers they're after, but only very few applying, they'll have no choice but to up the package, i.e. paying for rating, perm contract from square one.

alkor
28th Mar 2013, 16:36
Hi all,

What is upgrade req within Easy? If non-rated captain apply for RHS.
How soon do you think should an upgrade come?

Skystar02
28th Mar 2013, 16:39
Applying for experience pilots is free, so until all terms and conditions you mentioned here are told to applicants by HHRR of Easyjet, there will be a lot of experience pilots interested.

But if after all is confirmed flexi roster, self sponsored TR, long way to get the left seat, etc... Most of them will say no, thanks. In my opinion that's obvious.

Regards!

EcamSurprise
28th Mar 2013, 16:41
ADM, time will tell I suppose.

As for:
You have to think, however, what our current flexicrew are going to think if a whole lot of new pilots come straight in on permanent conditions (which I hope they do), but they still have to remain flexicrew.

When the NEC was first announced the company put quite obvious hints out to all the flexis who didn't want to sign the contract that they would look at recruiting for summer 14 directly onto the NEC and by passing flexi crew.
That's why I believe this new wave is something other than the usual 2 year pay per hour deal.

I do hope i'm right and you are wrong, for the industry on the whole, but we will soon see.

Have a good'un!

99jolegg
28th Mar 2013, 17:33
I've only glanced over the last page and a half so this may have been said, but to the chaps talking about potential 2 years flexicrew prior to employment, it's my understanding (right or wrong) that that is purely for cadets I.e. 200hrs through CTC or Parc, 2 years contracting for CTC / Parc then assessment for a 75%/100%/5354 permanent position with EZY. For experienced DEFO, I believe it's straight into the RHS on the 75%/100%/5354 contract with EZY on the basis that they're experienced and EZY can easily manage their cost base and crewing levels with the use of 75 and 100% FRV.

Narrow Runway
28th Mar 2013, 17:49
You say: "I would have to say that the airline industry is not the same as other FTSE 100 companies and that effectively every 6 months you have a 'title defence' in the simulator anyway."

It doesn't matter a jot that the airline industry isn't the same as other industries.

What SHOULD count is that the company realise they are in the BIG leagues of business now and that they should not plead poverty all the time!!!

A 6 month probationary period would be more than ample to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Other businesses face cost and margin pressures. They don't always use the staff to bolster their profits. Some businesses are even clever enough to improve their product (easyJet haven't changed hugely in my opinion) and some even get away with increasing margins by charging the clients more.

Heaven forbid....

Alexander de Meerkat
28th Mar 2013, 21:55
Narrow Runway - I tend to agree that 2 years is too long, but given that the 6 months proposed is only one sim check I would probably go for 12 months. I think we are all agreed that permanent contracts with easyJet, as opposed to CTC/Parc, are what people want. I am not yet convinced that is what is being offered, but in all honesty no one really knows yet. We shall see

Fair_Weather_Flyer
29th Mar 2013, 01:05
As has been said before; best bet is just to apply anyway, jump through the hoops and see what they offer. To be honest, it was a rubbish application that could be filled in by anyone with a casual interest in 10 minutes flat. If the package is hopeless, just refuse it. Companies hate it when a job offer is made and the candidate tells them, "no." Sure, they can move on and recruit a warm body from the "will fly for food brigade" but experience has taught me this can turn up all sorts of oddball types that will cause mayhem.

EasyJet, has established itself as a dodgy recruiter in recent years with the whole Flexicrew nonsense and I would not trust them one little bit. They are likely to bait you with one deal and then switch to another over the two year probation period. Also, with a self sponsored type rating, EasyJet, can be certain that most of their new recruits are looking for out from day one. For now though, play along and see what happens.

I have a feeling that they are likely to be smug when they see thousands of applications and that will mean the deal will be awful. I also suspect that most of the applicants are not going to be starry eyed kids, ready to write out a big cheque for a dock labour style job on rubbish pay. This has got fiasco written all over it.

EcamSurprise
29th Mar 2013, 08:19
Apparently there were over 1000 applications within the first 24 hours.

gorter
29th Mar 2013, 08:24
On the other hand if you paid for a type rating you could leave any time you wanted. If you didn't and were bonded you couldn't.

spider_man
29th Mar 2013, 09:46
Everyone I know who has applied, ticked they would be willing to self sponsor their 320 TR, but I don't think any of them have any serious intention (or the ability) to do that at this stage. I'm sure EZY are aware this would be the case.

spider_man
29th Mar 2013, 09:48
The problem is this will only become apparent far down in the selection process, probably at the point of job offers.

Narrow Runway
29th Mar 2013, 09:48
Joe Le Taxi:

It's not just about failing a sim that will see you lose a job.

Remember September 11th 2001?

There were a lot of experienced pilots fired immediately. Some very experienced pilots who had moved to big airlines were got rid of - and quite a number of these were inside their probationary period.

1 months pay. Gone immediately.

Be careful what we start wishing for here. Extended probationary periods leave employers with disproportionately large amounts of power.

Jambo Jet
29th Mar 2013, 10:03
EcamSurprise said "Apparently there were over 1000 applications within the first 24 hours."

Wonder what percentage were Military Types?

I'm Off!
29th Mar 2013, 10:54
With past history in mind, what we be in place to stop easyJet from changing their minds as to what they would offer you at the end of 2 years? Since there would be no permanent contract from the outset, what would stop them from offering a NEC Part 2 contract, 25-40% down on current T&Cs? 50% down? Who knows?

It's too big a gamble, and no experienced pilot in a permanent job will hang their ass out in the breeze for 2 years, hoping that what was verbally discussed 2 years before will still apply. And paying for a TR, to put yourself in that position? Not a chance.

That said, it was free to express an interest, and I suspect lots & lots of experienced pilots will express an interest despite all of the above, things can change after all. Just don't expect them to say anything other than "no" if they are offered 2 year contract with a vague promise for the future, plus self sponsor TR. The quality experienced applicants will suddenly vanish if HR try and be too clever and think they know more than they do.

Tubbs
29th Mar 2013, 12:07
Alexander de Meerkat said further up: "I can tell you that easyJet are literally being swamped by applications already from pilots willing to do anything to come and work for us"

Willing to do anything to come and work for us? Not a chance. I'm willing to spend five minutes filling in your diddy application form. It's a bit arrogant to assume that all the applicants are desperate to bend over for the big orange dildo.

Experience has taught me that people posting "informed" insider info on here are usually a bit light on facts, and that companies will change the entrance conditions at the drop of a hat (i.e. Jet2 self sponsorship becoming a bond arrangement).

McBruce
29th Mar 2013, 12:22
Agree with the above, I filled in the app to see whats on offer. If the conditions are near to be whats been discussed here then I will not be moderately interested.

pilotsince99
29th Mar 2013, 13:12
This has been advertised by easyJet themselves, rather than by Parc or CTC. So I would be very surprised if anything other than an easyJet contract will be given.

What contract this might be, we shall soon find out. I would say apply for the job and decide later when offers are being made.

Underdog_Per
29th Mar 2013, 14:49
Hey guys, good evening, does anyone know the cost of the Type Rating, and what other things they offer?

JB007
29th Mar 2013, 15:33
Start at page 1 Underdog! And all will be revealed...which is basically apply and find out...

Alexander de Meerkat
29th Mar 2013, 16:34
Tubbs, presumably if you already have a better job than easyJet you would not have wasted a moment of your valuable time applying. It is not perfect, but other than a stable national carrier, of whom there are precious few, this is as good as it gets. The fact that we apparently received 1000 applications in the first 24 hours is a reasonable indicator that some people clearly hold the same view. If easyJet go on to offer a rubbish deal then it goes without saying people will turn them down. The bottom line is that no one will leave their current job for a worse one, but if you thought easyJet was worse you would not be applying. The truth is we do not yet know the deal on offer but it will hopefully be reasonable. Good luck to those who genuinely want to come here.

Underdog_Per
29th Mar 2013, 17:55
007 thanks for the reply. :ok:

9 minutes to landing
29th Mar 2013, 18:44
There are many players on this forum who are only taking the 2 year view on this new contract. In whatever form it takes, subject to ability, those successful applicants will be looking, in possibly a little over 5yrs at the LHS of a shiny airbus, based wherever they want in Europe (or the UK), on a healthy 6 figure salary for a secure airline. Note: The Captains deal has never changed - this is only a discussion about whether the first few years is perfect or not.....

Try taking the 5yr+ view on Monarch, FlyBe and Virgin.......best of luck!!!:ugh:

(I know where I would feel more secure)

speedrestriction
29th Mar 2013, 19:44
Five years to command? Really? Not convinced.....

captainbirdseye
29th Mar 2013, 23:36
"There are many players on this forum who are only taking the 2 year view"

I think that's because if the deal is a vague promise of a perm contract in 2 years - the vague promise is completely worthless in aviation. By all means be an optimist, but also look at easys track record with doing the the right thing by its pilots ( maybe ask some of the flexi crew guys who went bankrupt).

"Try taking the 5yr+ view on Monarch, FlyBe and Virgin"

Monarch is about to recruit 70 ish FOs on perm contracts from day 1. That's a full salary deal with pension and health care not a watered down B scale.

I am all for easy widening it's recruitment paths , but also look at what others are offering.

go around flaps15
30th Mar 2013, 00:01
If you look at operators in the UK I reckon Jet2, Flybe, and Ryanair drivers would form the main interest in this gig, apart from experienced guys who are out of work of course.

Will an experienced permanent Flybe driver leave for anything less than a decent permanent contract? I doubt it.

Will a permanent Jet2 driver leave for anything less than a decent permanent contract? I doubt it.

Will an experienced contractor at Ryanair turn down a potential command upgrade course(in light of the 170 738s on their way) for anything less than a decent permanent contract? I doubt it.

It will be interesting to see what they actually put on the table.

Stone Cold II
30th Mar 2013, 02:17
I think a flybe driver with the constant threat of the axe hanging over his head permanently and especially the turboprop driver would very seriously consider this move. Even if is not a permanent contract for the first 2 years, simply because he/she would gain a decent type rating with plenty of hours on it and have much more options open to him/her in the short term.

Deano777
30th Mar 2013, 03:46
Ladies & Gents

Has anyone who has applied not received a confirmation email? I applied and did not receive one yet when I check the status of my application it says it's been submitted and received. I tried editing my details and sending another application and it still says the same thing at the end, which is:

Thank You

We've received your application

Thank you for your application. We're reviewing it to see if it matches what we need for this role and we'll be in touch once we have an update for you.
We invite you to look at the job openings available in our Career section and to further explore the functionalities of your account.

After trying three different email addresses it still doesn't send me a confirmation email. I've spoken to several colleagues and they all say they have a confirmation.

Thanks.

9 minutes to landing
30th Mar 2013, 08:53
Captainbirdseye.........."Monarch is about to recruit 70 ish FOs on perm contracts from day 1. That's a full salary deal with pension and health care not a watered down B scale"

Yep.....that's exactly what I mean.....take the longer term view!!!

No point having a permanent contract with scale A, pension, health care, gym membership etc from the start if it is unlikely to last.

I should re-phrase my earlier post...."there are many naive players (who have not been in an airline, with a mortgage and family to support when it has folded) on this forum who are taking the 2 year view...."

For me, it would be a secure job ANYTIME.

Narrow Runway
30th Mar 2013, 08:58
9 minutes:

Monarch have existed for 40+ years. Who are you to say they won't be here in another 2 years time?

As for a secure airline, yes, I agree that easyJet is secure.

However, there is a huge difference between the stability of the airline and the stability of a permanent job after 2 years.

Any number of things could happen in those 730 days that could affect the stability of your job offer.

I wouldn't be bandying around accusations of naivety if I were you. You could be accused of it yourself.

9 minutes to landing
30th Mar 2013, 08:59
Speedrestriction.......yes. 5yrs+.

...Well that is the typical time to a command based on the last command course that started LAST WEEK - unless you have more up to date information (!)

9 minutes to landing
30th Mar 2013, 09:09
Narrow runway - bmi had been around since 1938. They only had enough money for a couple of weeks of further trading when they were sold to IAG.

Do you want the list of all the other airlines that have been around for 40+yrs that are no longer around?

I can assure you that the past is no guarantee to the future......now that is not a naive statement.......is it? You would be better thinking about current business models rather than when an airline was established.

Narrow Runway
30th Mar 2013, 09:44
9 minutes:

You like the sound of your own prognostications don't you?

As I say, Monarch have been around 40+ years. Who are you to say they won't be in 2 years time?

I note what you say about failed airlines, but who is to say that easyJet won't become one? All it needs it an adverse incident and it could all change very rapidly.

Plenty of people, not just me, seem to question your statements on this forum, which all seem to be blustering personal opinion.

Personally, I think it is a big risk to accept a 2 year probation period - and anyhow, why should we be subjected to it? These applicants hold professional licences and will have all gained significant experience elsewhere before applying to easyJet.

You sound like a management wannabe, or at best management apologist who enjoys talking down other organisations because you are under the misguided illusion that somehow your lot is better than that of everyone else's.

I agree - easyJet is a good option, but don't over egg the pudding please.

Wingswinger
30th Mar 2013, 10:11
Historical time to command doesn't really apply anymore. 5 years or less was about right when the airline was expanding. With expansion finished, it's going to be a hell of a lot longer.

Expansion isn't finished at EZY. It's just pausing for breath for a couple of years.

WHYEYEMAN
30th Mar 2013, 10:40
And although attrition is low, many FO's have just left/are about to leave for Monarch and last time BA were recruiting, they took scores if not hundreds of FOs not to mention a handful of captains. There is a small but steady trickle of FO's and some captains/training captains leaving for Emirates.

Command at Easyjet is far from being a dead man's shoes situation. I would say 5-10 years after becoming permanent, but closer to 5.

Beavis and Butthead
30th Mar 2013, 10:45
I agree that leaving a permanent position for a 2 year contract is undesirable and carries it's risk. But staying in a permanent contract with an airline can also be considered a risk, whether it be job security or career development. That can only be assessed by the interested party.

I don't foresee that easyJet will not take good experienced crew permanently at the end of the fixed contract period. The contract will probably be structured to become permanent after two years from the outset.

As for time to command, it changes on a yearly basis so impossible to say but on average easyJet does about 100 command upgrades a year. I'd say five years is a reasonable estimate right now.

It's far from great (paying for rating, contracting), and I'm just trying to help those interested with their thoughts, but the rewards are good. Alexander de Meerkat is right. On a permanent contract, easyJet is a very good place to be.

9 minutes to landing
30th Mar 2013, 18:33
Narrowrunway - sorry, wrong on both counts.

I seem to have touched a nerve - sounds like you have had a bad experience with easy in the past or is your comment "unbiased"?

Totally agree with the last 2 comments...

Thad Jarvis
30th Mar 2013, 21:34
I think a bit of coffee smelling is required around here. Sure Easyjet has a good business model (that doesn't necessarily mean it's particulaly well run though) and yes it's stable in terms of job security at the minute but you will work bloody hard for the cash- harder an in more imaginative ways that Flybe and alike could even dream of. They disrespect union agreements and pretty much make the rules up as they go a lot of the time (yes standard for an airline these days but unpalatable nonetheless)
The real issue is going into the new Brady style Easyjet with your eyes open. The only way you will ever see the existing command contract will be on a museum wall unless the existing employees gear up for a significant showdown this summer. there is classic good cop/ bad cop strategy in place at the minute where McCall plays the PR game eloquently and promises plenty while her sidekick is busy unravelling everything behind the scenes. By her own admission she would like to benchmark contracts with Wizzair.
Easyjet is no picnic but it may represent a good solution for some if you are willing to take the 2 year gamble.

Random_walk
30th Mar 2013, 22:23
Well, to be eligible for the NEC you need need 2 years as flexicrew and 1251 easyJet hours.

WhyByFlier
30th Mar 2013, 22:40
Swissair, Sabena, American and Air France were once airlines with incredible job security and no chance of going under.

For the likes of ADM and 9 minutes to landing (who I agree with more often than not) to be so confident in easyJet's position with the benefit of such myopic hindsight demonstrates the investors adage, there are those who don't know and those who don't know they don't know.

The business model works very well and the commercial team are sharp. The brand is superlative.

As an employee of easyJet and someone who was given a chance by the company I hope it continues to grow and succeed.

Narrow Runway
30th Mar 2013, 22:48
9. Minutes

If being offered a DEC at easy, but turning it down counts, then yep, I've been there and done that.

Got a very nice job. But thanks for your concern!

WX Man
31st Mar 2013, 09:37
Talk about T&Cs all you want, but I bet there are plenty of folks flying for Eastern, Loganair and other similar operators who are fed up of flying turboprops and seeing 200h blokes and blokesses get jobs on shiny jets.

I'll bet that, in the absence of other commitments (kids in school etc), this could represent the "big break" for quite a lot of those folks, and you could offer them a Victorian Chimney Sweep's Apprentice style T&Cs and they'd bite your hand off.

Vulcan607
31st Mar 2013, 10:53
Wx man - agreed.

Opportunities to go from turboprop to jet are rare enough so a majority of the crew will have applied. - especially for a jet job to remain in the UK.

Can't see any of the line trainers or TRE's applying tho as pay cut and funding a type rating won't interest them one bit. But can see a healthy number of line captains and FO's going for this.

Only jet job opportunity at the moment that seems to be taking steady numbers away is at fly-Dubai and that's not an option for everyone with a family if your not willing to move out of the Country.

MikeHoncho
31st Mar 2013, 11:49
I applied for it. For me this can be a good opportunity to switch from the military to civilian and gain a type rating and hours in a common type of jet.
PIC in a C17 does not make the airlines line up for you, I noticed :) So I see it as a future investment in a good airline career. Sure the contract is probably not the best and I have to take a pay cut but at least I gain proper experience in the airline industry. This might count for more guys out there flying T-props or at less stable airlines.

SR71
31st Mar 2013, 12:07
What everyone who succeeds at the process needs to do is subsequently decline the job in solidarity with their other "successful" colleagues.

And watch yourself all get an instant £10K pay rise as EZY management realise we can actually get together and look after each other.

:ok:

Fair_Weather_Flyer
31st Mar 2013, 13:15
It amazes me that so many pilots still firmly believe that by accepting whatever terms and conditions that EasyJet, offer they can fast track their career. This is why the industry is screwed as a place to work. This job seems to be the fast track to nowhere. Pay for a TR, maybe take a pay cut, work as casual labour with no sick pay or other benefits, move base to a very expensive area and sure enough in a few years time you'll be on a full Captains contract with great T's&C's. If not, just use that valuable TR and A320 time to move to one of the many other A320 operators all offering the big bucks.

I can understand 21 year old cadets believing this little fairytale but it is frightening how many ATPL holders believe this too. EasyJet are arrogant enough to believe that they can employ whom they for whatever they want to pay. In reality, they are just likely to recruit the most naive and foolish pilots and that may well prove to be EasyJet's undoing in the long run.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
31st Mar 2013, 13:29
.....but what exactly is on offer? On EasyJet's recent record, it is not going to be good.

eiefkei
31st Mar 2013, 14:25
On offer is the NEC (New Entrant Contract), basically what has already been offered to all the Flexicrew guys (coming from CTC and Parc) who have achieved at least 2 years flying easyjet planes on the 1st of April 2013.
The NEC differs from the old contract because:
- the loyalty pay has been replaced by a Performance Based Scheme that pays a bonus only if the airline meets the targets that management sets for themselves at the beginning of the financial year (5% on target 10% stretched)
- Fixed roster pattern (5 earlies on 3 days off 5 lates on 4 days off) has been replaced by Random roster for the 100% pay. If you want 5-3-5-4 you will get 90% pay and as far as I've understood (I can well be wrong) you don't get to ask for one or the other, they offer it to you and then later on you may be able to ask for something else.
- Basic contract is on a 75% basis 75% pay, IE 100% in the summer 50% in the winter. Again they offer it to you, you don't get to choose. So far in LGW people have been offered a variety of 100% Random or 90% fixed pattern but on a Full time base, no 75% as far as I know, but again in smaller/other bases this could be different but the STANDARD is 75% if you get 100% FRV is a bonus. (Bear in mind that fixed pattern on a 75% is effectively 90% of it, so 67.5% of the basic salary)

drfaust
31st Mar 2013, 14:42
Sod that. They basically removed any reason for rated/experienced guys wanting to join them. Nevertheless I still think it's a good development that they are hiring in this way and are not just taking freshly baked 200 hours lads and lassies from flightschool, because at the end of the day experienced prop drivers need to have some sort of civilized entry into the jets.

Deano777
31st Mar 2013, 14:52
I don't think there will be any issues filling the spaces. If they want 200 of these "experienced" drivers then Easyjet could clean up at Flybe overnight even with this contract on offer. Alot of very frustrated Flybe drivers (Q400 & EJet) would be looking to move on at long last. With the threat of redundancy hanging over alot of our heads I think most would be willing to fund a type rating somehow. Let's face it, the Airbus rating is king nowadays and if there's a chance of a permanent contract on the back of it then they'll find the money.

hobnobanyone
31st Mar 2013, 17:36
Ok, I'm going to go on a tangent now:

So with regards to the factoring of hours in order to achieve SFO positions. I believe that to get an SFO position that you need somewhere in the region of 2000 factored hours? And is there a minimum basis of operating hours achieved on easyJet aircraft before an SFO position is offered? Equally, is there really any advantage in this in terms of pay/T&Cs?

I was wondering if somebody would be able to advise the factoring scheme on this?

For example, say I have 3000 hours on heavy turboprops - what does this come out to?

Sorry if this seems a bit of a rapid fire question post!

99jolegg
31st Mar 2013, 17:49
Assuming the contract is the same with no changes to the details I have, you'd need 2500 factored hours (multiply yours by 0.7 if you're an FO) and 2 years service to become an SFO.

eJ may accept a few with less service to become SFO in favour of experience but realistically, they don't need to given the demand.

Edit: that factoring assumes multicrew airline turboprop hours. Basic pay rises to £55120 exc sector pay.

JB007
31st Mar 2013, 18:48
As well as the turbo-prop chaps, the appeal is also for those who have been forced abroad through job-loss in the last 3 years and would love to come home and appreciate the security offered...some of my ex colleagues from TOM will also be Airbus rated at QR and bond free...and all very experienced...

Until you've juggled a travelling life/taken family's to live in Doha, quite frankly, the so called gamble of 2 years Flexi is just insignificant and gives an appreciation of what matters in life...

Big picture stuff, between MON & EZY, (Jet2 doesn't count until they start to take pilots seriously!) this is just good news for all UK pilots...bring it on!

SpGo
31st Mar 2013, 18:52
According a company Q&A the new entrant conditions for SFO (>2500 factored hours) are:
"Including basic pay and sector pay (based on 322 nominal sectors) the gross earnings would be approximately £46,884 plus a further £2,894 pension contribution from the third month onwards "

99jolegg
31st Mar 2013, 19:38
SpGO quotes the adjusted figure for a 75% contract inc sector pay.

£55,120 is basic 100% FRV salary.
90% of that if you're offered 5354 fixed pattern
75% of that if you're given part time (full time summer, part time winter)

SD.
31st Mar 2013, 19:45
That sounds much more reasonable for anyone joining with more than 2500 factored hours.

Do you know if the other nice things like the share save scheme would be available after the third month?

hardcase
31st Mar 2013, 20:00
Hi 99jolegg, what do use to factor for heavy TP Captain Hours when factoring for SFO?? is it 0.8??

silverknapper
31st Mar 2013, 20:03
I may be missing the point but why should 5/3/5/4 on a full time roster attract a 10% pay cut.

SpGo
31st Mar 2013, 20:39
Because 5-3/5-4 offers less flexibility.
The only contract which is on offer at the moment is the 75% one.
If you join next year you will have 300ish 75-ers waiting for a 90 or 100% in front of you.
I wouldn't count on more than the quoted figure for the first 3-4 years.

99jolegg
1st Apr 2013, 07:41
SD,

Remember that's an SFO position that you will more than likely be required to have 2 years service for. That's the deal for flexicrew going on to this deal.

As SpGO says, it'll more than likely be 75% contracts. eJ have been offering 100% so far to ex-flexicrew as far as I'm aware but will likely change in the coming months once they fill their quota.

hardcase,

0.8 if it's for an airline or 0.7 if it's not.

Shamrock 75
10th Apr 2013, 18:59
I've heard from a good source, easyjet have received over 2500 applicants for 200 positions.

Good luck to all involved :ok:

RHINO
11th Apr 2013, 10:18
Yes and I have heard it from a source that the people they are going to recruit are not those where English is their mother tongue......

Breakthesilence
11th Apr 2013, 10:28
I'm sorry guys, maybe I missed it, but how's the Type Rating paid by the applicant? Is it in form of bond or direct bank transfer? :ugh:

WX Man
11th Apr 2013, 15:43
Yes and I have heard it from a source that the people they are going to recruit are not those where English is their mother tongue......

@Rhino, could you give us a bit more info? Where did this info originate? Any ideas which nationality will be preferred?

RHINO
11th Apr 2013, 20:02
It is simple WX man,

BALPA wrote a nice and quite reasonable letter on behalf of their members but the board are just not interested, in fact they have decided they quite like the Ryanair model ergo lets recruit some nice desperate Europeans.

Ryanair....stab you in the front.....easyJet.....stab you in the back....

PT6A
12th Apr 2013, 00:00
easyJet's plan is for the vast majority of the pilot vacancies to be filled by rated pilots with in excess of 1000 hours on type, then there will continue to be CTC cadets, PARC and now a small number of none type rated ex military and a few none type rated ex civilian guys.

*Source internal news letter (Jan 2013)

Artic Monkey
12th Apr 2013, 08:19
So if that's the case why did they even bother advertising for non type rated? What a waste of everybody's time. :ugh:

PT6A
12th Apr 2013, 08:50
Why? Market research.... Don't know if it will change anything at all but the new CP is from Qatar, see if has any ideas of his own?

However, it is BT that seems to have the say on where the pilots come from.

EMB-145LR
15th Apr 2013, 12:27
Does anyone know when calls will start going out?

Boeing 77W
15th Apr 2013, 14:14
Been told the call/email will be within a month of the application being submitted.

airbus_driver319
15th Apr 2013, 14:33
Interviews are going to be conducted for rated guys first (they are considering rated as meaning TR 1000+ on type) once they have worked through that they are looking at ex mil / non rated civilian.

G-IZMO
15th Apr 2013, 17:57
Within a month of submitting your application or a month of the closing date for applications? True, the confirmation e-mail received said a month, but perhaps the lucky people trawling the applications will take 4 weeks from the 10th before shortlisting.

Superpilot
18th Apr 2013, 15:52
Anyone else got an invite to do some online assessments?

EMB-145LR
18th Apr 2013, 16:23
Nothing here yet. Mine still just says 'Application Received'. Then again, I'm in the non type rated category, so I'm sure it will take a while to filter down to unrated pilots.

Immelmann1979
18th Apr 2013, 16:27
Nothing yet... I'd reckon it will take some time. Is it common for them to have online assessments?

Direct DIKRO
18th Apr 2013, 16:37
Super pilot,

Congratulations on your successful progression through the process!

May I ask, are you already Airbus rated?

Just checked my status, like the previous posters, it states application received.

I am one of the very many non Airbus rated applicants.

airbus_driver319
18th Apr 2013, 16:44
Looking at SuperPilot's profile his is indeed an A320 First Officer. This would match up with what the company have said internally they are looking for.

Superpilot
18th Apr 2013, 16:48
Yes, I'm rated but totally unprepared for such tests which appear to be typical flight school entry type tests. As I've lost hope in this industry of late, I need a bit of practice and motivation before I'm going to attempt them. :\

MikeHoncho
18th Apr 2013, 18:42
No news here. 2300 TT and 1200 PIC on the C17

Is it still possible to view your application on the Easyjet website?

eaglesnest1972
18th Apr 2013, 18:58
Got invited too.
Deadline is 7th may.
No idea what is this about.
looks like its a new kind of test.
Could it be something similar to compass?
Rated on the 320.
Would be nice to hear something from a current easy driver.
Good luck to all.

Direct DIKRO
18th Apr 2013, 19:41
Is the link to CTC?

I wonder if they're getting them to do it and will send the unrated candidates through CTC?

Any ideas how much CTC are charging for an easy Airbus rating?

Superpilot
19th Apr 2013, 09:10
No, it's not a CTC link. I would say the test is more like COMPASS than PILAPT.

eaglesnest1972
19th Apr 2013, 09:39
Hi mate,
You assume it or you had some info about it?
If the pilots will be hired with a flexi contract why not test them like ctc pilots?
Agree?

samca
19th Apr 2013, 10:52
Hi guys,

I've been invited also. I'm trying to get some info about the test. Is it like skytest??,

All the info is wellcomed

Another detail I'm type rated but no hours on type. However I applied for non type rated becouse for type rated you must have 500 on type. Anyway I've been invited.

Regds

Crosswind Limits
19th Apr 2013, 11:23
Just received email - assessment to be completed by 6th May.

eaglesnest1972
19th Apr 2013, 11:45
Me too, but to be completed by 7th may.
Guys any hint?
Is it compass or pilapt?
Thanks

flyingcamel
19th Apr 2013, 12:00
Monkey.tennis

Affirm, me too. Non TR (civilian) but email said A320 TR'd. Confusing. I emailed for clarification. Will let you know what ensues.

Superpilot
19th Apr 2013, 13:05
That sums up pilot recruitment nicely. Applied to another UK carrier last month for a FO position and even have the email to prove it was definitely an FO position. Just logged in to check and it's showing me as having applied for a Captain position. So I spent half a day trying my best filling out an online application only for the system to screw it up! Interviews have taken place and people hired without my application even getting a snif because of this! :ugh:

Superpilot
19th Apr 2013, 13:12
Thanks Syntax, I've chased them up a few times but no one has told me what you've just stated. I hope it's true.

eaglesnest1972
19th Apr 2013, 13:18
My email says:
"thank you for your application for the FO A320 type rated position with easyjet" so it should be correct.
That's exactly the position which I applied for.
My deadline for the test is the 7th of may.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Looks like it is the first time easy starts a recruitment with an online test of this kind...wizzair style I guess.

cheers :ok:

Immelmann1979
19th Apr 2013, 13:37
Heard from a newly easy-wed that the test some kind of psy questionnaire is.. Not sure tho. Any other little birds with similar info?

potters
19th Apr 2013, 15:10
- A questionnaire measuring your judgement in typical job situations (untimed)
- A questionnaire measuring your preferred working style (untimed)
- A test of your spatial awareness (8 minutes)
- A test of your multi-tasking skills (7 minutes)
- A test of your complex control skills (6 minutes)
- A test of your ability to work with complex verbal information in a written form (10 minutes)
- A test of your ability to make quick and accurate calculations (7 minutes)

Only finished the first two but they are fairly normal HR questionnaires. One about decision making and the other about your personality. Ill let you know when I have finished the rest.

EMB-145LR
19th Apr 2013, 15:27
Has anyone got the dreaded 'thanks, but no thanks' yet? My application still shows as 'Application Received'. I'm hoping that they have a large number of applications to go through. I have 2,300TT, over 1,100 on a Jet, 800 on a turboprop and an A320 rating but no time on type. Really keeping everything crossed for this one.

Crosswind Limits
19th Apr 2013, 15:58
EMB-145LR

With your experience you deserve a look in!

Good luck! :ok:

eaglesnest1972
19th Apr 2013, 16:10
Definitely strange you didnt get invited to do the test.
Still do not understand what kind of people is easy looking for.
Anyway good luck!

EMB-145LR
19th Apr 2013, 16:12
Thank you for your kind words. I have heard that they've received over 3,500 applications, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're still going through them and inviting suitable people to do the tests as and when they get to them.

Direct DIKRO
19th Apr 2013, 16:18
Does anyone know if easy have an upper hours restriction, i.e. too many hours for FO recruitment?

DD

Crosswind Limits
19th Apr 2013, 16:23
Thanks Potters - that's really helpful!:)

flyingcamel
19th Apr 2013, 16:30
Received a reply within hours, so full marks to what must be an extremely busy recruitment team. They did have me down as NTR, it was just incorrect wording in the email.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! :ok:

hobnobanyone
19th Apr 2013, 17:51
Still nowt here... 3000 hours heavy turboprop - anyone else?

Feeling a bit lonely here!

transitionlevel
19th Apr 2013, 18:14
4000hrs total, 3200hrs jet (not airbus). No email yet but I know more that haven't heard than have so far.

eaglesnest1972
19th Apr 2013, 19:11
Thanks Potter,

keep us posted please:ok:

Boeing 77W
19th Apr 2013, 19:27
Got the email today to complete the tests. Non-TR (Civ) with 1580 total time so just enough to scrape past.

hobnobanyone
19th Apr 2013, 21:09
Maybe more to the point is... Has anyone current on turboprops heard anything?

TeacupTerrier
19th Apr 2013, 21:21
Hobnob. I'm current on the Q400 and just got my email this afternoon inviting me to take the online tests. I do have about 550 hours on a lightish jet though if that helps with your deductions. Good luck.

flyingcamel
19th Apr 2013, 21:44
Sorry, didn't state my hours. 3300TT of which 3150 is 'heavy/skinny/awkward turboprop'.

gearupflapsupshutup
19th Apr 2013, 22:16
No news here...
2300 (big and small jungle jets)
1000 (Quiet turboprop)
few seps

bebe99
19th Apr 2013, 22:49
Who knows the criteria for sending emails to fellows with requirements,for the online test? Starting from A to Z ?
Thanks

Vergotero
20th Apr 2013, 07:33
Hi Chaps,

did somebody allready complete the online test?
I would be intereted if I need a joystick to complete the test, and which kind of
calculation I can expect?
Is this test like a Compass test?
Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody!

Loop... Hole
20th Apr 2013, 09:05
Hobnob, yes 6500hrs "quiet" turboprop... Haven't tried the online test yet. (No jet hours)

eaglesnest1972
20th Apr 2013, 09:21
Did the first two about HR stuff and the spatial orientation one.
Not difficult at all but some questions are tricky.
Who has a firm work background could be tempted to answer according to his experience, like i did :p

Fingers crossed...

WX Man
20th Apr 2013, 10:21
Nothing yet- just "application received" when I log in.

3500h ish, 2500 on light TP (between 5.7 and 6.7t).

Pizzaro
21st Apr 2013, 10:01
Can the tests be done on a tablet of will I need a keyboard? Laptop up the spout!! :(

alonso1986
21st Apr 2013, 10:29
Did all the tests today, you will need a mouse! Not quite sure what to say about them, but I understand they are trying to be fair and objective.
Be sure to choose a good time to make them, no distractions! Some of the tests are fun to make (I actually enjoyed some of them, like and old arcade game...), others involved numerical and verbal reasoning.
Good luck to everyone!

epsum
22nd Apr 2013, 11:19
Also did the tests, and yes, you will need a mouse.

2400TT, 1700 light(ish) jet.

1013 with altsel
22nd Apr 2013, 16:54
Does anybody think easy will invite more people for assessments?

Only heard of a few invited recently!

A lot of us waiting to get at least a chance!

Good luck to all!

eaglesnest1972
22nd Apr 2013, 17:01
I heard they received around 3000+ cv's...
Quiet a huge number to handle...
Guess it'll take some time...

Md-80-
22nd Apr 2013, 17:04
Hi there,

could you please better expalin how was the assessment online? was it difficult? which type of calculation and excercises they gove you. Are this execise similar to any other test available on line? any info help it is wellcome.

antonov09
22nd Apr 2013, 17:18
Has anybody with a significant amount of time on medium jets been called? It seems a lot of guys with TP and light jet experience are doing this online test.

1013 with altsel
22nd Apr 2013, 17:21
2000 on Embraer 195 and 1800 on dash q400 !

No news!

Mungo Man
22nd Apr 2013, 17:23
Has anybody with a significant amount of time on medium jets been called? It seems a lot of guys with TP and light jet experience are doing this online test.

Nope; 3600h E145 4600TT

flyer19832007
22nd Apr 2013, 20:10
Hey Folks, got the email for online tests a few days ago, haven't had a chance to get it done just yet as quite a lot on!

Can anyone shed any light if the verbal and numerical aspects are like the BA tests? I may have to revisit some notes before attempting them!

Not worried about the other bits!

Just for info, I'm 3000TT 1150 Medium/Small Jet 1700ish TP

hobnobanyone
23rd Apr 2013, 07:33
Still nothing heard here. Starting to Suspect that's it for me now really.

WX Man
23rd Apr 2013, 08:47
What's your background, hobnob?

hobnobanyone
23rd Apr 2013, 09:10
Wx - 3000 hours on a large (and normally tech!) turboprop.

Not sure if they have invited everyone they were interested in last week or not though.

eaglesnest1972
23rd Apr 2013, 09:23
Guys,

if you do the tests please find a proper mouse with a trackball.
You need to be precise in some tests.

Cheers:ok:

SCINHead
23rd Apr 2013, 10:10
I've finally cracked under the tension!:\

Well done to all the experienced Civ types both TR and Non on your invites; but is there anyone else sitting in the Mil(Non TR) pile that can give an idea as to whether they've started on our applications yet? The silence is killing me already!

[4000HrsTT, 1600PiC C130]

David Aames
23rd Apr 2013, 12:10
Hi,

Anyone think I made a mistake?

I have a bus rating but not 500 hours, so although I'm TRated, I don't meet requirements for option one.

I applied under option two with a note that stated I will have 500 hours soon and I do have a TR.

Heard nothing, wondering if I should have said I have 500....

4000tt, 2000 jet, 400 bus

:ugh:

MikeHoncho
23rd Apr 2013, 12:20
Hey SCINHead,

I am a MIL non TR guy 2300 TT and 1200 PIC on the C17. I am not RAF but RNLAF :}

Woolfgang
23rd Apr 2013, 13:01
I know the feeling SCINHead!

I'm RAF and have heard nothing. The wait is agonising.

Have any other military candidates received an email?

4000+ TT, 3000+ Heavy Jet, 2000 PIC

eaglesnest1972
23rd Apr 2013, 13:48
I came up with this conclusion.
Only speculation of course.

First they will screen the civilian candidates with or without type rating.
Then they will start with the military candidates.

It is only my assumption but given the last posts it looks its like that.

Again, good luck to all:ok:

blueangel_91
23rd Apr 2013, 13:59
Hey guys.

I applied on the 26th of March, so I think 1 day after the application opened. I am Non rated but with 4500h medium jet civilian. I am aware there might be a few thousand applications but its a little bit strange I didnt recieve aswell a confirmation on my email about the application.
A week later after some of your comments I tried to update the email but aswell no confirmation on my email adress which is a gmail.What do you think should I wait, or maybe update the email with another one....

Kind Regards

flyer19832007
23rd Apr 2013, 14:09
For those that have completed the tests, can you confirm whether the verbal tests are simply of the "TRUE FALSE CANNOT SAY" category.

Superpilot
23rd Apr 2013, 15:52
Yes, but I struggled to do all in time. In fact I came no where near. Time is the killer!

Flaps90
23rd Apr 2013, 18:38
RAF FJ here with ~3000TT just received the e-mail for online tests.

MikeHoncho
23rd Apr 2013, 18:41
For the MIL Non TR guys. I got the invite to do the test before 6 may.

What Now
23rd Apr 2013, 18:43
Ditto mikehoncho

Woolfgang
23rd Apr 2013, 18:49
Me too! Thank goodness for that!

MikeHoncho
23rd Apr 2013, 18:55
Good Luck in doing the test guys. I try to find out some more info about what to expect and to buy a mouse. Did not do that many job applications in my life, except the Airforce's drinking test to get admitted go pilot training :ok:

SCINHead
23rd Apr 2013, 19:19
Same..:ok:

Good luck all.

ONSHORTFINAL
24th Apr 2013, 14:56
A test of your ability to work with complex verbal information in a written

This one above is quite time killer, could not finish it at all :ugh:

A questionnaire measuring your preferred working style

And this one, some questions can be a bit tricky to answer, because in real life more details than those on the screen affects the whole picture, and therefore your approach can be slightly different than the one to choose on the test.

Havent finished all yet, so lets see how it goes with the other ones.

Good luck to everybody;)

WX Man
24th Apr 2013, 15:39
Could someone give a run-down of what the tests are and how best to prepare for them?

steelman
24th Apr 2013, 15:48
Just completed all the tests, maths test was easier than I expected. All the tests are quite short, just no where enough time to complete the complex verbal information test. there is no real prep you can do for them you just have to give them ago. Just make sure your in a quiet room. I did them on my laptop just using touch pad and found that ok. All the best.

smalljetpilot
24th Apr 2013, 16:19
just had my email to complete the tests so they're still sending 'em out!
3500hrs tt

Vulcan607
24th Apr 2013, 16:22
From what I gather on this thread, it seems to be the same or similar online tests that Jet2 gave about 18 months ago for non-rated recruitment.

Has anybody completed the tests for Easyjet yet that has previously been through the jet2 tests to confirm this?

Thanks

samca
24th Apr 2013, 16:38
Whats is the complex verbal information test?

EMB-145LR
24th Apr 2013, 16:44
Also just received the email invite to do the tests. Fingers crossed!

assymetricdrift
24th Apr 2013, 16:54
I have one too.

How urgent is it to have a mouse for these tests?

steelman
24th Apr 2013, 17:00
The complex verbal information test is the same as a verbal reasoning test, the only difference is the statement you read from is spread over several sheets but all have only a small amount of info on them.

Aquafina1
24th Apr 2013, 17:23
Got email at 4pm today about online tests.
1,570TT
300; SEP/MEP
870; C212 (FO)
400; B1900D (FO)

Will post again when tests completed over wkd with advice on them.
Good luck :ok:

samca
24th Apr 2013, 17:27
Is It any way of Training the complex verbal test?,

Thanks

WX Man
24th Apr 2013, 19:34
Ah. I'm thinking that the verbal reasoning one will be this sort of thing:

"George is a senior merchant banker and is married to Steve. They have two children that they adopted, one of whom goes to private school and the other isn't yet old enough to attend school. Steve is a stay-at-home dad and enjoys spending time with his [adopted] son. He's planning to build him a tree house this summer."

Which of the following is true?

A) The age at which children start school is 5.
B) Gay couples that are married may adopt children.
C) George will help to build the tree house
D) Women may be merchant bankers.

did you see what I did there?

That's a fairly basic example, but I think you get the idea.

gearupflapsupshutup
24th Apr 2013, 20:42
WX man is B the correct answer?
if not I better do a crash course verbal reasoning!

charlies angel
24th Apr 2013, 21:03
:ouch:
Gearupflapsupshutup can you think of a ladies name shortened to George?
Ergo George is a female banker and the answer is D... Simples:O
Watch out for those tricky sexist/racist/homophobic identifying subtle questions and don't forget about the infamous " Your Captain meets you in the bar wearing a lovely dress.How would you react?

Underdog_Per
24th Apr 2013, 21:08
Hey guys.

I got the invitation for the test today. I have until the 6th of May.
4000TT
DHC 8-100 & Q400 2000 HRS
CARAVAN C208 1500 PIC

I will write my feedback when I will finish it.
Gentleman, Good luck to everyone :ok:

WX Man
24th Apr 2013, 21:26
Perhaps not the best example to use because it plays on homophobic stereotypes. Better example would have been gained by spending about 5 seconds of my life using google, rather than than the 60 seconds it took me to come up with that!

Such as:

Cardiovascular disease is so prevalent that all businesses are likely to have employees who suffer from, or may develop, this condition. Research shows that between 50-80% of all people who suffer a heart attack are able to return to work. However, this may not be possible if they have previously been involved in heavy physical work. In such cases, it may be possible to move the employee to lighter duties, with appropriate retraining where necessary. Similarly, high-pressure, stressful work, even where it does not involve physical activity, should also be avoided. Human Resources managers should be aware of the implications of job roles for employees with a cardiac condition.

THEREFORE: Physical or stressful work may bring on a heart attack.

- true, false, or can't tell?

That was pretty similar to the thing used by Jet2 recently.

Interestingly, the psychology behind these sorts of verbal reasoning test would discriminate against anyone who doesn't have a perfect command of English. You'd have to be native or very, very fluent to do well in these tests. They are difficult.

I also believe there's no real way of preparing for them!

Be interested to know if that really is the kind of thing that EZY are using.

potters
25th Apr 2013, 06:30
Measurement of complex control = Flying down a tunnel with 2D rotating objects with an opening in them. You need to fly through the opening. Use a real mouse if possible. I did it on a touchpad and found my finger moving off the pad a lot.

Measurement of special awareness = A Magnetic gyro and RSI show direction you are travelling and position compared to beacon. you have to guess the location of a plane on a grid from the above information Advice; Make sure you fully understand the example and work out a method before you start. Also time will run out quite quick so be aware.

A test of your multi-tasking skills = Use a mouse to click on and move a runway up and down a vertical strip to line it up with the flight path of a plane. Whilst doing this you have to do a simple sum in the top corner of the page and say if the answer given is correct. Also you have to view a string of letters to see if one letter occurs more than once.

A test of your ability to work with complex verbal information in a written form = you are given information about a company on separate tabs. I.e. structure/Brands/Target groups etc. A question about that info appears below. Tip. You are only given 6 mins and this goes quickly! Don’t read all the info first. Read the question then go to the appropriate tab to gain the info. This is typical verbal reasoning! What more can I say.

A test of your ability to make quick and accurate calculations = you are given a number as an answer. You are then given either 2, 3 or 4 blank spaces with either a +, - or x in-between them. There are no divides (that I got anyway). Also the only time an “x” came up was on its own (i.e. 5 x 7). + and – occurred together quite regularly. You then have the numbers 1 – 9 below that you have to drag into the spaces to make the equation work. You can only use one number once. Tip. A good memorisation of your times tables grid will help you gain a few answers quickly.

This is only what I received on my tests so don’t blame me if you get something different. I feel I did ok but in no way aced it. A mouse would have been a massive advantage for the complex control. Hope it helps and best of luck to everyone.

gearupflapsupshutup
25th Apr 2013, 07:21
Cheers WX man!
I now understand the logic behind, I did pass one of these test about 6 years ago... My brain is a different one now :(

buzzc152
25th Apr 2013, 13:12
I completed the tests this morning. Largely irrelevant, HR designed hoops to jump through but pretty straight forward, nothing difficult at all. I must say though, using the scratch pad I found the hand/eye co-ordination almost impossible....I had to dig out an old mouse to do it properly.

Good luck to all.

LocBlew
25th Apr 2013, 14:05
Is Windows required or will a Macbook do just fine?

ONSHORTFINAL
25th Apr 2013, 14:15
To LOCBLEW

It worked fine with my Mac so I guess will be fine with yours too.

good luck;)

What Now
25th Apr 2013, 14:25
Eye hand with my Macintosh track pad was a trifle tricky, although that may have had something to do with the concurrent hangover.:rolleyes:

EMB-145LR
25th Apr 2013, 18:26
Did anyone not finish the maths test? I got stuck on a question at the end and didn't see how many questions there were left.

assymetricdrift
25th Apr 2013, 18:31
I don't think I quite managed to finish any test at all in that lot.

Timing is a little bit constricted!

JB007
25th Apr 2013, 18:52
I thought the 'Preferred Working Style' test is the most relevant and interesting hoop I've ever jumped through as a pilot! Written by someone with experience. Would love to see the results of this test from a large number of pilots...

speedrestriction
25th Apr 2013, 22:15
JB007, agreed! It seems as though the questions might even have been written by someone with experience at the pointy end of the operation! Interesting. Verbal reasoning test was quite time constrained I thought. Still if easy are going to charge for selection/interview I'm not interested.

WX Man
26th Apr 2013, 08:08
Is the measurement of spatial awareness one like this?

http://i43.tinypic.com/8wgyzq.png

Immelmann1979
26th Apr 2013, 08:42
I think though that the time constraints are meant to see how fast and accurate the subject is... not that he/she can answer everything in time..
This way they can see wether you will trade accuracy for speed or vice versa... :suspect:

Superpilot
26th Apr 2013, 08:49
Why do I get a feeling that the guys waiting towards the end of the cut-off date are going to do better! :{

eaglesnest1972
26th Apr 2013, 08:59
I am pretty sure ezy guys will also take into consideration how much time did it take to complete the tests mate.
Not sure waiting until the very last day is the right option...

eaglesnest1972
26th Apr 2013, 09:13
Did that:\:*:bored:

spider_man
26th Apr 2013, 09:23
What about a joystick as opposed to a mouse for some of these tests. Has anyone tried?

smalljetpilot
26th Apr 2013, 10:43
I did the tests this morning and largely ok but I guess they'll probably use it as way of discarding 75% of the applications if they have 3000 applicants for 100 jobs!!!
didnt like the complex handling one much but then I dont spend my life playing computer games..........

eaglesnest1972
26th Apr 2013, 12:51
100?
I thought we were talking about 200 new pilots...
Am i wrong?

Alexander de Meerkat
26th Apr 2013, 13:46
eaglesnest1972 - On one level you are not wrong. However, nothing is ever what it seems. We are indeed taking 200 pilots, but 100 of them are effectively already spoken for in the form of cadets from the likes of CTC, Oxford MPL etc.