PDA

View Full Version : Time for CAA to process license?

Large Dave
19th Apr 2001, 17:02
Do the CAA prescribe a maximum time from recieving all they need to issue a license to the actual issue of said license?

Can anybody give me an idea of how long it usually takes in, say, July?

Thanks for any help.

F3
19th Apr 2001, 17:48
They issued mine in 10 days back in Jan, and when I spoke to them they said they were working to maintain that turnover.
They are very helpful(when you can get through!) I must add.

TooHotToFly
19th Apr 2001, 18:40
http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_Response_to_Licensing_Transactions.pdf

Large Dave
19th Apr 2001, 20:06
nice one, cheers.

ickle black box
20th Apr 2001, 00:23
If you need the licence urgently, i.e. going abroad to do hour building, or rating, and can show the CAA your airline tickets and booking conformation from the flying school, they can rush it through. They did this for me last summer.

ickle

Large Dave
20th Apr 2001, 01:41
Ickle, foreign hours building was exactly what i was concerned about.
Fortunately I've built 6 weeks into my cunning plan from finishing all the tests and departing to the US which now seems to be ample- plenty of time for "unforseen circumstances" (ie failing).

Luke SkyToddler
20th Apr 2001, 02:17
It took them TWO MONTHS to turn round a simple instructor-endorsement restriction removal on my CPL back in feb ... and about 3 1/2 weeks to get my mate's CPL issued (it came back just yesterday). PPLs seem to be about 2 weeks at the moment.

Watch your six !
25th Apr 2001, 13:28
In My case,It took 7 days for the CAA to issue a JAR CPL , which is not so bad !( back in january)

Apparently, they closely check your logbooks to ensure you did not enter any "parker pencil" hours ... that is why it takes about 3 weeks at this stage .

Anybody knows more about this ?