PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar the punters are not happy!

Kangaroo Court
23rd Mar 2013, 23:33
From Change.org!

"34,000 signatures! Clearly I was not alone last weekend when I put my petition up on Change.org. Tens of thousands of consumers have joined my petition telling Jetstar to end their excessive credit card surcharge. It's been covered by The Australian, Courier Mail, and other media -- and they're starting to feel the pressure.

Jetstar's Facebook page has been bombarded with complaints all week, but instead of acting on our feedback, they've started deleting comments critical of their fees. Their customers have noticed this too and complained bitterly that their comments have been removed. They're hoping we'll all move on quickly -- allowing them to get away with keeping their "booking and service fee" for booking flights with a credit card.

It's time to turn up the heat. Let's flood the Jetstar CEO Jayne Hrdlicka with feedback and make it clear to Jetstar executives that they can't keep selling themselves as the "low cost airline", while still hitting customers with surcharges labelled "excessive" by the Reserve Bank.

Can you share my petition on Facebook -- and forward this email to friends to help me reach 50,000 signatures calling Jetstar out on their ridiculous fees?

It's been almost a week since new rules came in that aimed to stop Jetstar, Qantas, Cabcharge and other big retailers from charging us excessive surcharges. Clearly, they're not listening to the regulators. But if enough of us consumers come together to demand they drop the fees, they'll have no option but to listen to us or risk losing thousands of customers.

Here's just a few of the great media hits we've got so far for the petition. And make sure you share the petition this weekend!

Article that appeared in The Australian; listen to my interview on 2GB radio; opinion piece in the Courier Mail supporting the petition.

Thanks for your help in getting us this far!

Klaus

P.S. Jetstar seem determined to dig in their heels rather than listen to customers. Please share my petition today, and if you can give me an extra hand or have more ideas for how we can win this campaign, drop me a line on: [email protected]"

TexanPilot
23rd Mar 2013, 23:37
Can I ask what this has to do with Pilots?

Cargo744
23rd Mar 2013, 23:47
Don't like the product... don't buy it!!

wrongwayaround
24th Mar 2013, 00:03
Maybe an idea would be just not to fly with them. Fly with virgin instead. Then jokestar will be flying empty airplanes everywhere!
.... I surprise myself sometimes

Kangaroo Court
24th Mar 2013, 00:58
Jester is turning into an international tourism and trade embarrassment.

That's all!

SeldomFixit
24th Mar 2013, 01:07
Tex - I'm not absolutely certain but I suspect you have a broom up your ar$e - not a lot happens in RPT without punters - unhappy punters - to the tune of 35000 or so is actually RPT news - hence the forum name. Go sweep the hangar please, there's a good boy. :rolleyes:

Dashtrash
24th Mar 2013, 01:45
Your Highness, the peasants are revolting..........

TheNightOwl
24th Mar 2013, 03:51
The short answer is "book with some other carrier"!

If all the disgruntled Jetstar pax changed airlines, or paid for their ticket by another means, then J* would very soon get the message and come to the party or lose revenue.

QED,

Cheers,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

C441
24th Mar 2013, 04:16
The impression I got in the media (Business Spectator among others) was that Jetstar are far from alone in this practice.

Changing to another airline may only move the issue to another venue.

over_centre
24th Mar 2013, 04:33
WWA: "Fly with virgin instead."

Do you really think they are any better? Book multiple seats, get charged $7 credit card surcharge per pax despite paying in only one transaction. That's if you can even book a sector since they made their disasterous switch to SABRE.....

wrongwayaround
24th Mar 2013, 05:24
:D well ya could get in the car 'n drive.... But I think Caltex have a surcharge these days too :)

Di_Vosh
24th Mar 2013, 05:53
34,000 signatures! Clearly I was not alone last weekend when I put my petition up on Change.org. Tens of thousands of consumers have joined my petition telling Jetstar to end their excessive credit card surcharge.

Can you share my petition on Facebook -- and forward this email to friends to help me reach 50,000 signatures calling Jetstar out on their ridiculous fees?

Online signatures? Seriously? Is it any wonder then that J* don't appear to be doing anything about this except for

deleting comments critical of their fees.

Perhaps some of you should google 'Slacktivism' and read some of the info there. Which may well go onto explain why online petitions and facebook protests are largely useless.

IMHO, J* wont change a thing until sales drop off.

DIVOSH!

neville_nobody
24th Mar 2013, 06:16
If you can still pay by Bank Transfer what's the issue?

crewmeal
24th Mar 2013, 06:24
Same with Ryan Air they charge excessively for everything, but people still go back for more. Their policy is if you don't like it - foxtrot oscar'. Credit card charges are part of the world we live in! Sorry guys if you don't like Jetstar then don't fly'em.

Tidbinbilla
24th Mar 2013, 06:48
As somebody else mentioned: What does this have to do with pilots?

Feel free to repost on the Professional Passengers' Rumour Network.