PDA

View Full Version : Qatar A320 DEC

leeroy
21st Mar 2013, 19:25
I wish to have feedback from ex FR captains who joined QR as DEC. It would be interesting to have their feeling regarding their new airline, a comparison between two bad reputation airlines. I am ex FR I was proposed a DEC on A 320 recently instead of a wide body DEC position as initially planned during interview. :mad: I know that all this is a personal point of view but...Any chance to have a more recent example of a QR A320 roster than the one we can find on ppn from last year.Thank you all:cool:

Voodoo 3
24th Mar 2013, 13:55
I would suggest you start here leeroy.

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/509397-qatar-airways-think-long-hard.html

I work in the ME also but this just sounds appalling.

Good Luck

bacp
24th Mar 2013, 20:53
If it helps, a mate of mine started last year and I saw him at Christmas. Likes (not loves) the flying, the routes, the kit, the fact he's out of Europe, the money and the sun, even the summer was bearable. He doesn't like trying to get home to see his kids, some of the FO's, the boredom. He is neutral on the company, the country and the region, but he's a relaxed sort of guy, I suspect that Qatar suits someone like that. Apparently they don't take prisoners if you co*k up!

Alexander de Meerkat
24th Mar 2013, 23:38
I know several ex-Qatar pilots and not a single one of them speaks positively of the experience. They are not ranting on, but they just say it is managed by total fascists who have their opportunity at power and misuse it massively. What goes around comes around.

stop, stop, stop
25th Mar 2013, 17:59
Good replies here. I think any 'new' roster you see will look very similar to the old one, that is simply the norm. Some aspects of Qatar are not as bad as people make out...others are worse. But these points are all down to each individual.

Generally the guys who are there any length of time are not able to find a better or similar job in their home country. If you have other options closer to home then I would advise that route. If not, then a job in Qatar pays the bills and keeps you current but is not a long term career airline.

There are some really decent guys there and some real :mad:....much more so than your 'normal' airline. But then the whole setup is a whole set of extremes.

Think carefully and choose wisely.

It was the right choice for me, but then I didn't have to stay there long!

Good luck.

Iver
25th Mar 2013, 20:34
EK would be my first choice in the ME with the other big "nameless" UAE carrier as the 2nd choice.

Good luck!

jumbojet
28th Mar 2013, 12:26
I am interested in the "nameless one" but can't find any recent info or contacts, as they are nameless!! Do you know any where they arnt so nameless. You can PM me, namelessly of course!
Jumbo
:confused:

leeroy
29th Mar 2013, 08:08
Thank you all for your reply. :ok: Appreciate.