PDA

View Full Version : JAA in/around Miami

jfe117
24th Apr 2002, 16:51
So here I am working in hot & sunny Miami :cool:,looking for somewhere local that teaches the JAA syllabus for PPL/CPL/ATPL.
So far I only found places on the Gulf coast (about 3hrs drive away), or up around Orlando (even further!!). Do any of you know if anybody offers JAA in south Florida, I can get to Opa Locka or Kendall fairly easily, maybe even Ft.Lauderdale.

I'm looking to do my PPL and study/exams for CPL/ATPL.

Thanks & Rgds

GoneWest
24th Apr 2002, 20:58
Well...you haven't looked very far - or very deep - have you.

To save you the time and trouble of researching your own career, let me tell you that there are NO facilities for JAA professional training in the Miami area.

If you go either South or East from where you are, you will drown, if you go West, Naples Air Center is the ONLY JAA approved school on the Gulf Coast (at the time of writing this) and they can only take you to PPL stage (with a multi rating if you wish).....but I doubt that they are three hours drive away from Miami - whatever condition your car may be in.

If you go North - up the I95 - the nearest school (at the time of writing this, though rumoured not to be for much longer) is International Flight Training at Stuart Airport in North Martin County. They say they can take you right through from zero to CPL with ATP knowledge - just DONT pay anything up front, not even a deposit.

Next one North, is at Ft. Pierce, St. Lucie County. European Flight Training. They too can do professional training - but groundschool will be in UK.

Last chance is Orlando Flight Training in Kissimmee. They are approved for professional training - but have no staff to teach it...and I heard today that they have not flown a single aircraft for the last two days due to some insurance hang up.

That's it mate - there is NOTHING else (that I'm aware of) approved in the whole of Florida - for professional training.

jfe117
24th Apr 2002, 22:08
Yes, thanks for that GoneWest, realised right after I posted, that I had commited the ultimate sin of not doing a search for the info I wanted.:rolleyes:
I consider myself duely castigated!!!!

Thanks for your input, I'll just have to commute to Naples (only 2hrs !!!).

edited 'cos I'm stupid....