PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Apprenticeships in GA?

atkins1999
21st Mar 2013, 14:00
Hello,

I moved north from Tamworth, New South Wales to Toowoomba and am working as a Trade Assistant for a Defence Contractor in nearby Oakey, my employer will not be having any intakes for Apprentices until 2014. In 2012 I completed a course in Aeroskills Mechanical at Tamworth TAFE, and have been looking for an Apprenticeship anywhere in SE Queensland. I am trying to remain flexible and am open to moving to Brisbane or Gold Coast if needed as I would be considered a Mature Age Apprentice w/kids. I have tried using Aviation Australia as they have an Employment Service. I did not get very far with them as I did not go to school there so they werent that much help. I also contacted Skilling Queensland and was given a grant for additional schooling at Aviation Australia but it looks like there are not any more courses I can take at the moment, other than type courses. I have tried door knocking at Toowoomba Airport, but was told by 2 out of the 3 businesses that do maintenance that they have just taken on apprentices and arent looking to take on more. Any contacts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated