PDA

View Full Version : KLM uk Sim Ride??????

Ennie
19th Apr 2001, 13:02
Can anyone shed any light on the KLM uk sim ride at Cranfield. Have passed the interview and have the sim next week, anyone got any clues for me of what to expect????

Would be very grateful.

Sunseeker
19th Apr 2001, 14:53
The sim ride includes a departure, hold and a radar vectored ILS, sometimes there's a STAR. It's usually at Amsterdam, they can use any runway, as all beacons have been programmed into the sim. So just make sure you IFR is up to speed. Expect to be asked lots of questions some personal, some technical - like tell me about the FK50 etc. They give you about 30 mins to prepare, but be prepare for anything eg they may not use the hold that you have planned for! The guys that do it are really nice and will give you feed back but they will also tell you that it's not their decision at the end of the day.

Good Luck!!

ComJam
19th Apr 2001, 15:48
Did it a couple of years ago, mine was SID out of Stansted, short airways section into a Heathrow STAR to ILS. Not too difficult, done in a fixed base FRASCA type sim set up to fly ATR sort of speeds. Probably changed by now, but you never know. It definately wasn't set up to catch out you though.

Good luck! Well done on passing the Lego part! :)