PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair query

angels
24th Apr 2002, 13:14
This may well be moved, but I'm cutting and pasting a posting from another site.
Here goes --

"Hi all, Couldn't be in more of pickle if I fell into a Branstons Pickle Mixer. I was unaware but Ryanair have recenlty announced that they will only allow passengers to check-in if they can provide 1 of the following:

Valid Passport
International Student ID
National Identity Card
Valid Driving Licence (with photo)

No longer can you use Work Passes, RailCards etc & My Irish passport is currently with the Oz Embassy to get my Oz VISA, Ryanair have said they won't accept photocopies & I fly from Luton to Dublin in three days. Also the flight is non-refundable !

Can anyone please, please, please help ???

Many Thanks."

What does this poor character do?

redsnail
24th Apr 2002, 18:14
I would get him to contact the airline BEFORE the date of the flight. Follow their instructions. At very least get him to find his/her birth certificate and some bank statements.

All the more reason to have a photo driver's licence for this very thing!

I saw one guy pitch up to the desk with only a paper driver's licence. They had the letter with them that photo id is required. He wondered why he was refused boarding...... :rolleyes:

hobie
24th Apr 2002, 20:31
what this really means is that very soon we are all going to have to carry "Identity Cards" ........

OnFinal
24th Apr 2002, 22:02
Possibly "implanted" ID Cards........ Of course it will be optional.

One line for those with photo or other paper forms of ID, and one line for those with Implanted ID's'. Just think how convienent it would be................ ;)