View Full Version : Remunerations owed by Arik Air

M.86
17th Mar 2013, 22:27
Question to any former Arik pilots:

Have you---or anyone you know---worked at Arik Air airlines as a pilot, left their employ after fulfillment of your contract, but was---AND IS STILL---legitimately owed salary and/or non-reimbursed, out-of-pocket expenses from them and never received it, even after demanding it?

I'm looking to find as many people as possible that's out there where the above inquiry describes either you or someone you know.

This is a serious inquiry; serious replies only are requested. Should this turn into something meaningful to recoup any outstanding debts owed, a post will be made that will provide further information.

Thanks!

eagleflier
18th Mar 2013, 08:05
Arik owes every and any pilot that works for them. As an expatriate, your salaries are paid so late that when it comes, you have already worked 2 or 3 weeks except u leave for rotation and never come back.

As for the locals, pension and tax deductions are not remitted.

Good luck finding anyone to come forward. Is the amount owed you worth legal action?

riakiraetah
18th Mar 2013, 18:15
Class action lawsuit against Wings of Diarrhea to collect back salaries, chop chop, ticket refunds etc?

If you find yourself that bored, may we suggest spending time on something more likely of achieving success such as:

time travel
walking on water
collecting money from an exiled Nigerian Prince
achieving world peace
a photo with Elvis
organising a Pink Floyd reunion tour

Best of luck to you on this endeavour.

M.86
20th Mar 2013, 05:21
"...Is the amount owed you worth legal action?"

Yes!

eagleflier
20th Mar 2013, 06:23
Whatever you do, don't sue them in Nigeria.

NDB17
21st Mar 2013, 21:53
M.86,

They owe me, what's your course of action?:ok:

M.86
25th Mar 2013, 08:31
NDB17: The course of action is simple. I am attempting to find as many people as possible that are owed money that are open to the idea of going after what is legally owed to them. The more the merrier, sort of speak. Right now, I am in contact with a couple of London law firms that have expressed interest in taking this matter on. If enough people join in, it increases the probability that all concerned will receive the monies owed to them. Personally, I will move forward regardless of whether anyone else elects to jump in or not; it's the principle of the matter and it's sizeable enough to fight for. But, hey, that's me! So if you're interested, great. If not, I understand. I will give this posting a few more days to see what kind of response I get before I move on. So spread the word.

And to "Eagleflier": guaranteed NOTHING will be handled out of Nigeria---NOTHING!

ABBOT
28th Mar 2013, 12:08
Forget it, good money after bad! A good friend of mine commenced action to recover a large debt using a London based Nigerian lawyer.

Huge investment in time and money with no result whatsoever. Just a collection of cancelled hearings due to no judge, no defendant, no time,no space etc etc.

Five years on case still inconclusive.

SloppyJoe
28th Mar 2013, 12:44
Their planes fly to the UK. If you get a judgement in the UK then eventually one of their planes won't be leaving till you get paid. The more the merrier is without doubt the way to go.

eagleflier
28th Mar 2013, 19:36
The A340s on paper belong to HiFly and are operated to HiFly and have CS reg. I'm wondering if a judgement against Arik can get these planes grounded.

LOS
28th Mar 2013, 20:25
The A340s on paper belong to HiFly

This is a common misunderstanding. The A345s belong to Arik Air, which dry-leases them to HiFly and wet-leases them back. So, on paper they belong to Arik.

JunkBus
29th Mar 2013, 03:01
Now that you mentioned the 345, what's the news on the 330 supposed to join the fleet?

250hrsand counting
29th Mar 2013, 04:40
As ABBOT said Forget it, good money after bad but if you decide to take legal action be fully prepared like a soldier matching into a battlefield

Get ready to spend lots of money, time and energy....much more than you spent at ARIK
Do your research carefully and arrange a legal team, Be ready to wait as the process might take longer than you expect
With less witnesses your chance of winning the case is slim to none
To win the case you must and i repeat must deepen your pockets possibly deeper than ARIK

BON CHANCE MON AMI