PDA

View Full Version : CX Pay

ChestyMcBoob
15th Mar 2013, 11:33
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to leave Australia and move to HK but can't find details on CX salary for the pay scales. Does anyone have a link to these?

Cheers,

CMB

treboryelk
15th Mar 2013, 12:05
try the end of your CoS?

moosp
15th Mar 2013, 12:41
Popcorn, Coke and comfy chair all set. This should be good...

Will IB Fayed
15th Mar 2013, 13:05
Are you inSinuating you are in CX? The HK pay scales will be in your schedule 2 of your CoS, along side the Aussie ones.
On the odd chance you're interested in a move to Hong Kong AND a job with CX, try the wannabes forum, I'm sure the 2nd officer pay will be there. :ok:

Edit: Spelling, thanks Arfur, I swear that was an autocorrect! :ok:

Arfur Dent
15th Mar 2013, 18:04
'Incinuating' - that's a good word!:rolleyes:

White None
16th Mar 2013, 02:39
Quite "Tinny" though, but not as bad as .. "recidivist".
Prefer good "Woody" words like "Mahogany Boeing"

cxorcist
16th Mar 2013, 03:51
Oh goodie, the spelling bee judges are out. Where's STP and Kunt Roll? Get them in here, and the whole lot could have their own English Grammar School forum. They could even have a wannabes forum for aspiring diction autocrats.

ChestyMcBoob
16th Mar 2013, 05:24
Not in CX yet.

Flying Mechanic
16th Mar 2013, 06:07
If you are moving to hk, don't just focus on cx, try Dragonair, Air Hong Kong, Hk airlines, Hk express, Jetstar HK, plus there's about 9 corporate operators here in hk now.

Jetpilot213
16th Mar 2013, 07:25
A new SO can expect roughly $45,000/month gross salary. It's all taxable, and you have to save up for a big tax bill the first year. Take a good long look at expenses in Hong Kong compared to OZ before jumping in with both feet... Look at the "Living in HK" thread for more info and discussion. Have you already applied to CX?

broadband circuit
16th Mar 2013, 07:33
May I suggest you visit the applicable websites of the operators. Even if the salary scales aren't there, then at least there should be a contact in recruiting who can give you accurate information. Or try the wannabes forums.

And while you're online at those websites, I suggests you also look at some real estate websites, and check out the price of housing in Hong Kong.

You say you're from Melbourne. If you think real estate is expensive there, then you're in for a rude shock. For the same rental price as a house in the 'burbs in Melbourne, you can get yourself a stunning 700-800 sq ft apartment in a high rise with a view across the street into the window of another 700-800sq ft apartment.

Will IB Fayed
17th Mar 2013, 00:46
And I'm sure you've read the CPA "Careers" page which states: "Currently opportunities exist for Permanent Hong Kong ID card holders who aspire to be aviators."

DUSKY DOG
17th Mar 2013, 04:33
Its been going downhill for the past 30 years so expect by the end of your career to be earning a lot less than when you started.