PDA

View Full Version : Fly mega maldives lose routes overnite

USA2DAY
15th Mar 2013, 10:48
sad news...fly mega airline looses routes to china over nite. forces the stop of the expansion plan and forced to send home over 20 pilots engineers and 100 cabin crew. another sad day in aviation.

English Rendezvous
16th Mar 2013, 03:04
Yes, indeed sad. Seems like the guys let go were the last to join. And a few of them were from the collapsed Astraeus Airlines. Talk about bad luck:oh:

Ejector
18th Mar 2013, 10:04
Why have they stopped to China?

Suvarnabhumi
22nd Mar 2013, 03:50
Saw the Mega 757 (what a terrible fin logo BTW ;) ) parked up on a remote stand at Shanghai Pudong. No doubt racking up massive parking fees.

USA2DAY
22nd Mar 2013, 13:30
One weeks notice and damn only one weeks pay!! Hope they dont expect the guys to return. God damn no way.:ugh:

Bamboid
27th Mar 2013, 21:17
Yes, a significant number of us are indeed ex-Astraeus, the second time this has happned to us is 18 months. But also bear in mind that a lot of those in Astraeus were only there because their previous airline had also gone bust. So for some of us, this is the 3rd time on the scrap-heap since this god-awful recession began in 2008.

But there again, we have not actually been laid off by Mega, merely furloughed - with the expectation that we will be invited back in 4 months.

When the Chief Pilot calls me, I have yet to work out how I'll respond. This is the same Chief Pilot who responded to over a third of his workforce being sent back to their homes, by....... wait for it........ continuing his skiing holiday, 4000 miles away in Europe. Oh yes, he hasn't even had the common decency to send any form of communication to say that he's sorry to see how things have turned out.

africaflyer
19th Apr 2013, 11:51
The same chief pilot who has not been in the office for 2 months. Pilots were laid off although the Pilot Contracts are in Hongkong, 1 week notice is not legal in Hongkong. I hope nobody will go back to a outfit like that.