PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways, Etihad deal: Govt yet to receive proposal

Towerman
14th Mar 2013, 14:03
The following link refers from today's news:
Jet Airways, Etihad deal: Govt yet to receive proposal, says Anand Sharma (http://www.financialexpress.com/news/jet-airways-etihad-deal-govt-yet-to-receive-proposal-says-anand-sharma/1087985)

Jet are desparate for this Ethihad deal, without which their future is uncertain. It makes you wonder whether Ethihad have done their due diligence and don't like what they have found.

Having bought some LHR slots, maybe they have gone off the boil. Hope not - for Jet's sake.

Sky Dancer
9th Apr 2013, 20:23
Yes , this deal is vital for the survival of Jet Airways.But for Etihad's sake , they really , really need to be careful.As history would testify , they are getting into an area where policies will change with politics and there will be little recourse for them.More importantly I am yet to find a convincing answer in them buying equity into other carriers as it has been proven , except in America,that when you do so you also assume the liabilities in all areas which in the field of aviation is massive.But then in America , the aviation business doesn't really make sense anyway.:ugh::ugh:There really is nothing much Etihad stands to benefit in this deal.Firstly it is a minority stake in a hugely loss making airline which has a huge debt situation.Secondly if they are looking for feeder traffic for their hub in Abu Dhabi , they have to go a long hard way before they can match Emirates which is just next door.I think it would make more sense for them to just buy a majority stake in Gulf Air and use all its underutilised bilateral rights and have a 2 hub system in the Middle East which would give everyone a run for their money.Think about it guys , hell hire me as a consultant.:ok:

fullforward
9th Apr 2013, 22:07
I can imagine Mr Goyal and the Sheik, both scratching their heads after reading your words of wisdom and mumbling each other: " how we didn't think about that before!!??".
The bonus check and the invitation letter are on the way.:ugh: